Blind Dates

Imagine Your OTP - Wheesa Edition

Hyejin POV

"Hyejin! HYEJIN!"

I groaned as I managed to tear my gaze away from the television screen. Moonbyul had continued ratteling on about something when she had realized I hadn't been listening.

"What?" I groaned, glaring at her as I did.

"Are you listening? This is very important!" Moonbyul said, her eyebrows knitted together in concentration as she looked at whatever was on her phone screen.

"Maybe I should be the one asking you that since you are shoving your phone in your face. " I said.

Moonbyul just rolled her eyes before holding up her phone to me.

"What am I looking at?" I asked, my eyes attempting to seek out the tiny text on the screen.

"You don't remember? Your blind date? You guys were supposed to be meeting tonight." Moonbyul said.

I instantly sat up shocking Moonbyul and causing her phone to bounce onto the carpet, narrowly missing the table. She quickly went down to get her phone and started stressing over it as I started to freak out.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?! I have to go in like," I glanced at the clock before screaming "A HALF AN HOUR!!!!!" 

I quickly threw the remote onto the couch and ran like a mad woman up the stairs. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten! I wasn't one to get into the romantic stuff, especially since I've been hit on practically everywhere I go, but when Moonbyul won a bet, I had to create an account on a blind date web thingy. However, I had actually received a message from a pretty nice guy and we decided to meet at the nearby coffee shop.

I decided to check the temperature before dressing only to see that it was snowing. I had been locked up inside and hadn't bothered to go out for anything and I guess this was my punishment since I despised cold weather. I rifled through my closet and finally decided on a pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, and my trusty winter coat.  I decided that if I needed a scarf, I would just take it from Moonbyul, she had a thousand anyway.

After dressing, I ran to the bathroom and applied makeup because there was no way I was going to go outside without it. After checking the clock, I let out a sigh of relief. I had about 10 minutes left, just enough time to walk to the cafe. 

"Well, you clean up nicely!" Moonbyul said as she looked up to see me walking down the stairs. 

"Shut up," I said. "I'm leaving!" 

I stepped outside and closed the door to avoid hearing Moonbyul's encouragement. She liked to rub it in my face that she had more experience than me. I looked up to see big, fluffy snowflakes drifting down from the sky. As much as I disliked the cold, it was beautiful. I blew out some warm air and began my walk.

Snow crunched under my feet as I passed people on the sidewalks. Most of them carried large bags that were decorated with Christmas images and sayings. Soon enough, I turned the corner to see the coffee shop all decked out in colorful lights. I stepped up to the door and opened it hearing a little ting as I came in from the cold. Warmth instantly flooded into me as I made my way over to a booth that was by the very bright Christmas tree. I checked my phone to see that I was right on time. 

A couple minutes passed and my "date" had not come yet. I was starting to get a little irritated. Maybe he was late, my mind said, but I knew that I had probably been played. I let out a sigh and frowned as I looked at the door again. I think that I could've probably drilled a hole into the door by how hard I had been staring at it. This , but I couldn't just go home because Moonbyul would start to pity me or worse, laugh at me, so I just sat there like an idiot with a hope that the jerk would show up.

 

Wheein POV

I handed Solar another cup before she asked me.

"How did you know I was getting that?" Solar asked, confusion visible on her facial features.

"Hmm, I'm psychic." I said, my hands still refilling the coffee machine.

"Really?" Solar asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Wha? Of course not silly!" I said, surprised that she actually had believed me.

"Yah!" Solar said, playfully hitting me on the shoulder before attending to another customer.

I finally finished and tucked the bag of coffee beans back into its designated area in the cabinet. I turned towards the door at the sound of the familiar chime to see a woman walk in. Saying she was pretty would be an understatement. She had short black hair and her tan complexion was a rosy red from the unforgiving chilliness of the snow. She looked around before heading over to the booth that was tucked in a corner by the Christmas tree.

"Watcha staring at?" Solar asked making me flinch as she did.

"nothing," I said nonchalantly as I went to give a customer their order. 

I would like to say that I didn't stare at the girl the entire time, but sadly, that would've been a lie. I would casually glance over to see her still sitting there and then pretend I was doing something whenever Solar walked by.

However, I did notice that the girl looked irritated. She had been sitting there for about 15 minutes now and no one had come to join her, she hadn't even ordered anything.

"You notice her as well huh?" Solar asked, scaring me again.

"Geez, why do you keep scaring me like that unnie?" I hissed before looking at the girl again. 

"Why don't you go cheer her up?" Solar said.

"What?" I asked. 

"Just go." Solar said, her hands pushing me over to the exit of the counter.

"Won't it look weird?" I asked. My hands were empty and I didn't want to get weird looks from anyone.

Solar just sighed and handed me the hot chocolate she had been making and a brownie.

"Just go." She repeated.

I finally turned and went over to where the girl was sitting before stopping in front of her table.

"Hello," I said. 

The girl turned to look at me, her eyes intimidating. 

"Here. You look kind of lonely." I set down the drink and brownie before sitting in the booth across from her.

The girl seemed a little shocked before she regained her composure. 

"Thanks." She said before taking the cup and taking a long sip.

I smiled back at her hoping I wasn't as awkward as I had thought I was.

"I'm Jung Whee In." I said, extending my hand over to her.

She took it and gave me light shake before giving me a small smile.

"Ahn Hye Jin. Thanks for the free stuff." She said.

I let out a laugh.

"Well, you looked down so.." I started.

"Thanks for checking on me. I'm actually here for a blind date, but I got stood up." Hyejin said, her frown coming back.

"Who would stand you up?" I said only to realize what I had said too late.

Hyejin looked at me before laughing.

"Are you interested?" Hyejin said.

I felt myself turn red before shaking my head.

"That's not what I meant!" I whined, trying to fix what I had said.

"Relax. It's probably for the best that the jerk didn't show." Hyejin said. 

I nodded, unsure of what to say. 

"Well, as long as you're okay, I should probably get back to work." I said as I stood up.

"You have to go already? That's a shame." Hyejin said.

Before I knew what I was doing, I pulled a pen out of my pocket and scribbled my number onto Hyejin's cup before turning and walking away.

 

Hyejin POV

I watched in shock as Wheein picked up my cup and scribbled something onto it before setting it down and walking away.

I sat there and stared at the cup like an idiot before finally picking it up to see what she had written. It was her phone number.

********

As soon as I stepped through the door, Moonbyul popped out and started hounding me with questions.

"So?" Moonbyul asked.

"He didn't show." I said simply.

Moonbyul frowned as she looked at me.

"What the heck is wrong with them." Moonbyul growled.

"It's okay, I'm fine with it." I said remembering my conversation with Wheein.

Moonbyul started to talk again, but I made my way up to my room and decided I would definitely make the call.

Well here we are. I decided to make another kpop ship book because I'm going through a phase of shipping disease. I CAN'T STOP. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the story! =3=