The Party

Imagine Your OTP - Wheesa Edition

Hyejin preferred to be huddled in her little corner of her shared dorm room reading the next book in the Harry Potter series than be dragged along to engage in whatever shenanigans Youngsun had gotten herself into this time, but alas, it didn't pan out the way she had hoped. It all started when Youngsun had practically thrown their dorm room wide open startling Hyejin so badly she dropped her book.

"Hyejin-ah~ I need your help!" Youngsun whined as she hurried over to Hyejin's bed where the black-haired girl currently sat.

Hyejin let out a huff of annoyance as she pushed the bridge of her glasses up before she reached over to grab her book.

"What is it unnie?" Hyejin asked, her eyes narrowed as she turned her attention to the pouting blonde who sat on the end of her bed.

"So you know how I've been trying to get closer to Moonbyul, right?" Youngsun started.

Hyejin nodded. The first day of their last year of college, Youngsun had laid eyes on who she claimed was the most beautiful person alive. That person was Moonbyul, a very handsome girl who was as greasy as a stick of butter. Hyejin had listened to Youngsun's incessant babblings about Moonbyul and she could never understand what the attraction was. But Youngsun never gave up talking Hyejin's ear off about the orange haired beauty.

"Well, Moonbyul approached me today and invited me to her friend's party tonight!" Youngsun said with a large smile.

Hyejin's eyebrow raised and she sported a look that clearly said, what does this have to do with me? Youngsun noticed and frowned.

"Oh come on! You never go to any parties because you have your nose in books all the time! Can't you go to one party, pretty please?~" Youngsun pleaded.

Hyejin groaned as she leaned back.

"Unnie~ You know how much I hate those. All parties are for getting super drunk and doing stupid things you'll regret in the morning." Hyejin said.

Youngsun reached over and took Hyejin's hand in her own before she pouted even more and gave Hyejin a look that Hyejin hated. Hyejin called it the puppy dog look and it almost always got Youngsun what she wanted. Hyejin glared at the blonde, but Youngsun's pleading was slowly chipping away at her walls of conviction so she threw her hands up and let out an irritated huff.

"Fine. I'll go to the stupid party!"

"Yes!" Youngsun hissed as she stood up quickly which caused Hyejin, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, to fall off.

"Frick!" Hyejin hissed as she rubbed her now sore bum. Sometimes she hated having a roommate.

Youngsun instantly rushed into their shared bathroom to get ready leaving Hyejin alone. Hyejin got up and walked over to her closet before opening the door. She reached in to rifle through her clothes. She didn't really have any fancy clothes because she really never went out. Instead, her closet was filled with comics shirts, logos, and cartoon characters. Hyejin finally decided on wearing a three-quartered sleeve wonder woman shirt and a pair of blue skinny jeans. After she tugged on her clothes and put her hair in a side ponytail, she made her way over to their doorway to put on her converse. About fifteen minutes later, Youngsun finally left the bathroom in a crop top and pair of black skinny jeans with black heels.

"You seriously cannot be going like that." Youngsun said with a disapproving tone as she looked Hyejin up and down.

"Do you want me to go?" Hyejin asked.

"Of course, but you might as well have fun! No one will pay you any attention!" Youngsun exclaimed.

"That's what I want unnie. I'm only going for you." Hyejin said with a roll of her eyes.

The conversation stopped there and the two girls made their way to Youngsun's car. The drive was anything but silent with Youngsun worrying about how she should approach Moonbyul. Hyejin just silently stared out the window wishing she didn't have to go. They finally pulled into one of the girl sorority houses and parked. Hyejin held her breath as she studied the various things that littered the lawn and the crowds of people that stood outside holding cups. 

"Alright! Let's get this party started!" Youngsun cheered as they left the car and started towards the house.

Hyejin's nose wrinkled in disgust as the smell of body odor and alcohol invaded her senses leaving her head spinning. She barely had time to register the fact that Youngsun immediately ditched her in search for her crush. Now Hyejin stood in the entryway like an idiot, her glasses sliding down her nose before she quickly pushed them back up.

"This is stupid." Hyejin muttered as she made her way deeper into the house. 

She finally made her way into what she guessed what was the kitchen, but it was hard to tell with the various bottles that crowded the counter space and the food crumbs that were scattered around the floor. Hyejin picked up one of the cups before she turned to the sink to fill it up with water.

"Do you not like the party?"

Hyejin froze as a girls voice floated through the room. She slowly turned to feel her heart catch in her chest at the sight of an extremely cute girl standing in the doorframe. The girl had short brown hair that went slightly past her chin and almond-shaped eyes that held intense brown orbs that seemed to be looking straight into Hyejin's soul. The girl was dressed in strangely casual attire with a black turtleneck and blue skinny jeans tucked into long black boots.

"Uh..not really" Hyejin replied.

The girl grinned and Hyejin just about died. Two dimples peeked out from the girl's cheek making Hyejin blush.

"My name is Jung Wheein." 

Hyejin nodded along.

"I'm Hyejin...Ahn Hyejin." 

Wheein nodded along thoughtfully before she made her way closer to Hyejin only to settle herself against the counter.

"So, why don't you like the party?" Wheein asked, her eyes turning to Hyejin once again.

Hyejin frowned as she stared into her cup of tap water before replying.

"I'm antisocial. I hate it when other people's bodies rub up against me and it only gets worse when there is alcohol involved and whoever threw this party certainly made no expense in providing lots of it." Hyejin stated as she looked back at Wheein.

"Really? I would never have taken you for the antisocial type. Am I bothering you?" Wheein asked.

Hyejin would have thought that Wheein was being sarcastic but she could hear genuine concern which slightly surprised her.

"No, not at all. I'm actually here with a friend but she ditched me as soon as we came in." Hyejin said.

"Well, that ." Wheein said.

"If you want, I could keep you company." Wheein offered.

Hyejin's eyes widened. Wheein must've realized that it may have sounded wrong and a pale pink spread across her cheeks as her eyes widened.

"No, that is not what I meant!" Wheein explained.

Hyejin chuckled at this girl's cuteness before waving her hand.

"I know, I was just messing with you." Hyejin said with a slight smirk.

Wheein smiled.

"Aish...don't embarrass me like that." Wheein scolded as she took a sip of her drink.

Hyejin smiled to herself as she pushed up her glasses.

"So, what would you like to do?" Wheein asked.

Hyejin looked up to see a throng of people dancing to overly loud music.

"Well, can we maybe go outside? Whoever threw this party must not care about their future hearing because I can't even think." Hyejin said.

Wheein smiled to herself before nodding.

"Of course. Follow me." 

Hyejin followed Wheein through the hallway and upstairs where they approached a door that led to an outside balcony. Wheein pushed open the doors and motioned for Hyejin to follow her. Hyejin's breath caught in because the view was absolutely beautiful. The city lights lit up the skyline and the stars shined brightly in the night sky. Of course, there were lots of people in the backyard of the house, but Hyejin could care less.

"Wow. This is gorgeous." Hyejin whispered.

"I know. It really clears my head whenever I look out here."

Hyejin looked over slightly confused.

"Do you come here often?"

Wheein looked startled at Hyejin's word.

"It's not a pickup line I assure you." Hyejin hurridly said in an attempt to save herself from embarrassment.

Wheein bit her lip to hide her smile that wanted to break out on her face from Hyejin's cuteness. However, before she could respond, the doors opened and Youngsun and Moonbyul appeared.

"Oh, Wheein-ah! I didn't know you'd be up here." Moonbyul said making Hyejin look over at Youngsun with a confused look on her face.

"You know each other?" Youngsun asked.

Moonbyul nodded.

"This is my friend who threw the party." Moonbyul said as she motioned to Wheein.

Hyejin felt her stomach flop as she realized she had been ranting to Wheein about why she hated this party only a few minutes ago.

"Nice to meet you." Wheein said as she gave a friendly smile to Youngsun.

Youngsun, however, was not paying any attention at all but was instead giving Hyejin the wriggly eyebrows which translated to, nice catch. The blonde then left with Moonbyul. Hyejin rolled her eyes and pushed her glasses up again before turning to Wheein.

"I am so sorry. I didn't realize you were-" Hyejin started before Wheein cut her off.

"Please. It doesn't matter. I'm not too much of a party person myself. I just have the friends who beg me to throw a party and I do." Wheein said as she shrugged.

Hyejin scratched the back of her neck she tried to determine what to say, but Wheein beat her to it.

"Besides, I met a really cute girl tonight and I think I like her." Wheein said nonchalantly.

Hyejin's head shot up at Wheein's words.

"W-what?" Hyejin stuttered.

Wheein turned her eyes to Hyejin's before she gave Hyejin a small sheepish smile.

"I got to meet you, which makes this party worth it." 

Hyejin just stood there not exactly sure how to process what was happening. 

"U-uh....ah....yeah." Hyejin finally uttered, her body warm with embarrassment.

Wheein chuckled to herself before she stepped forward.

"Can I see you again Hyejin?" Wheein asked.

Hyejin nodded still freaking out about what was happening.

"Good. There is another party on Friday and I would like it if you come, we could hang out again." Wheein said before leaning in and giving Hyejin a kiss on the cheek.

Wheein left the raven-haired girl alone on the balcony and Hyejin finally unfroze. As much as she hated it, she was going to have to thank Youngsun for dragging her along to the party, but she thought of how shocked Youngsun would be when Hyejin would tell her that she wanted to go to another one.