Rainy Days

Imagine Your OTP - Wheesa Edition

I felt my mind slipping as the jumble of words that filled the year-old textbook pages floated around the page. My glasses kept slipping off my nose and I felt myself nodding off for what must've been the 10th time. Studying in itself was a hard task, but when you were studying for an exam that would make or break your future? That was a whole nother story. My parents had managed to scrape together enough money to send me to Korea's most prestigious university and I didn't want to disappoint them by ignoring my work. Of course, that turned into late night study sessions with my girlfriend by my side. I let out a sigh. How I wished she was here right now to help me study. Then again, whenever she was around, I usually ended up ignoring my studying and paying more attention to her. Maybe it was for the better. I shook my head and gave my cheeks a light slap to pull myself to attention. I had to make it to at least the last section!

I was jerked out of a blissful sleep by someone shaking my arm.

"Whaddya want?" I mumbled in a drowsy tone.

"Did you fall asleep again?"

My eyes shot open, all my drowsiness gone, to find the smiling, dimple accompanied grin of my amazing girlfriend Jung Wheein standing in front of me. I tried to think of something intelligent to say but all that came out was

"Uh..."

Wheein chuckled as she leaned closer to me. I felt my cheeks redden as she studied my face. She lifted her finger and wiped away something from my lips.

"You were drooling." She said as she cleaned off her finger with a tissue.

"Was it attractive drooling?" I asked.

"Very much so." Wheein said as she sat down next to me.

I grinned before turning back to my book. I noticed the small wet stain that had seeped into the pages. I wondered for a moment how many other students might've drooled in this book as well. I shuddered at the thought. 

"Are you still going to study?" Wheein asked as she rested her head against her hand.

I nodded as I wrote down a few things.

"But it's already 11 Hyejinie." Wheein whined as her lips formed a cute little pout.

"I know, but the exams are next week and I seriously have to pass them or else-" I started before Wheein cut in.

"Or else you will let down your parents, I know. However, you do realize you get perfect scores everytime you take a test, right? You are already in the top ten of the university!" Wheein exclaimed as she tried to reason with me.

"That doesn't matter. I have to study Wheein." I said before turning back to my book.

I was in the middle of reading a paragraph before the book slammed shut making me jump up in my seat.

"Wheein! What the heck?" I yelled.

I heard the librarian shush us from her desk and I sent a glare towards Wheein. However, I realized that Wheein was not going to take any of my I have to study crap.

"You and I are leaving now. I don't want my girlfriend to overwork herself to death." Wheein said, her arms crossed and her words final.

I wasn't scared of Wheein for the most part, but she could become scary if she needed to be. That's why I needed her by my side. She kept me grounded to make sure I didn't fly too high. 

"Fine. But only because I love you." I said as I stuffed my textbook and papers into my bag. 

I shouldered it after I put on my hoodie. I took Wheein's hand and she leads me towards the exit of the library. Once we were outside, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment. I had to admit that the cool night breeze was definitely a better alternative to the musty air of the library.

"Isn't it nice?" Wheein asked.

I nodded. We walked along the path that was lit by the lamp posts. It wasn't until we were halfway to the dorms when I heard the rumble of thunder.

"Oh crap." I muttered as I could smell the rain.

Wheein frowned as she looked up at the clouds. 

"Maybe we should run?"

I shook my head, we wouldn't make it in time. 

"Maybe it will be a little sprinkle?" I said.

About five minutes later Wheein and I were sitting on a bench underneath one of the covered bus stops, rain pouring from the sky as if a faucet had sprung a leak.

"Well, this ." I said as I stared out at the rain.

Wheein nodded in agreement as she rooted through her bag.

"I didn't realize it was going to rain so I didn't bring my umbrella." She said as she searched for something.

"It's okay. We'll just have to wait it out." I said as I leaned back.

I closed my eyes for a moment and listened to the sound of the rain hitting the glass above our heads.

"Well, we can turn this into something fun." Wheein said.

I opened an eye to see Wheein get up and walk over to the line where dry met wet. 

"Don't you dare!" I said as I got up.

Wheein gave me a big smile before she quickly stepped out and into the rain. She did a small twirl, the drops splashing off of her. 

"Come back here right now Wheein! You'll get a cold!" I said as I watched her.

She shook her head.

"You'll have to come to get me if you want me to stop."

I held back a smile as I unfolded my arms. This girl, I thought. I stormed right out into the rain and made my way to where Wheein was standing.

"Alright. I'm here now so-"

"Nope!" Wheein shouted before dashing away.

I made an irritated grunt before chasing after her, the rain thoroughly soaked through my clothes.

"Yah! Wheein! Stop running!" I shouted as I paused to take a break.

Wheein let out a laugh as she made her way over to me.

"You let loose though." She said as she patted my back.

I grabbed her wrist quickly and pulled her close to me to where our faces were centimeters apart.

"I did. Here's your reward." I whispered before giving her a quick kiss.

Wheein grinned as she hugged me. We stood there like that for a little bit, the rain slowly transforming into a drizzle as she appreciated each others presence. The silence was suddenly interrupted by Wheein pointing out that the rain had stopped.

"Shall we go?" I asked as I wrung out my shirt.

Wheein nodded and we started down the sidewalk again. We were almost to the dorms when I felt water splash against my leg. I turned to see Wheein grinning at me as she hopped out of the puddle she had jumped into.

"Seriously?" I teased as I took a step towards Wheein.

She mocked a shocked face.

"You wouldn't."

I gave her an evil grin as I jumped into the puddle as well. Soon enough we were jumping in the puddles in front of the dorms soaking ourselves even more than we already were. By the time we finished, it was nearly 1 in the morning. We quietly made our way through the halls of the dorms not wanting to wake anyone up, though surely the maids wouldn't be pleased about the muddy footprints that we had left behind...oops. We opened the door to our shared dorm and crept in to find that our other two roommates Moonbyul and Youngsun weren't even home.

"You should go wash up, I'm going to make us something warm to drink." I said as I ushered Wheein towards the bathroom.

I had just finished brewing the hot water when I heard Wheein walk behind me.

"I'll finish up, you go shower too. I can't have my lion get sick." Wheein said.

I nodded and made my way to the bathroom. I peeled off my wet clothes and hung them out next to Wheein's before stepping into the warm water. I let out a sigh of contentment as the water washed off the cold chill of the rain. Once I finished and changed into my pajamas, I stepped out to find Wheein in the living room rolled up in her New England blanket. 

"Looks like someone is comfortable." I said with a giggle.

"I'm a burrito!" Wheein said with a wink as she patted the spot next to her.

I sat on the couch and pulled Wheein closer to me so she was resting on me. She smelled faintly of strawberries and vanilla, an enticing scent. 

"That was quite the adventure," Wheein commented as she turned the TV on to some cheesy drama.

"It sure was. I enjoyed it though." I said as she took a sip of the tea.

"See? Studying may be important, but sometimes it's good to have fun." Wheein said with a yawn.

"Tired pup?" I asked.

I received a snore as an answer. I planted a kiss on Wheein's temple before turning down the volume of the TV a little. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of Wheein's steady breathing.

----------------

Youngsun stepped in as quietly as she could with Moonbyul right behind her. They had gone out on a date but the rain had kept them a little longer than expected. Youngsun had expected Wheein and Hyejin to be asleep or studying but she was surprised to see the two curled up on the couch asleep in each other's arms.

"You know, we could do that," Moonbyul commented giving Youngsun a grin.

Moonbyul received a hit before Youngsun pulled the girl with her into her room. She didn't want to wake the other two, but she would certainly tease the girls about this in the morning.

[IT HAS LITERALLY BEEN RAINING ALL DAY SO I WANTED TO WRITE WHEESA FLOOF. I HOPE YA ALL ENJOYED THE GAY}