Stubborn

Shared Feelings

The days had been easy to Nancy. 

 

Like she promised Chaeryung, she stopped thinking about Yeonwooo, stopped talking to her, heck she didn’t even see Yeonwoo anymore.

 

And it was fine she says. It was okay. 

 

It really wasn’t.

 

But her soulmate’s happiness comes first. She’s happy to be with Chaeryung and that’s all there is to it. 

 

“I’m going to pick you up from school tomorrow.” Nancy grins as she holds her soulmate’s hand. 

 

“You don’t have to.”

 

“I want to.” Nancy nonchalantly says.

 

“But I’m fine. Really. You don’t need to see me.” 

 

“I want to. And I want everyone to know that you already found your soulmate.” 

 

“But-“

 

“It’s fine.”

 

They soon reached Nancy’s dorm. Nancy opened her room but to her surprise, she sees Jane, Daisy, Ahin and Hyebin there. 

 

“You didn’t tell me you guys were coming over?” Nancy tells them as she went inside with Chaeryung. 

 

“We’re almost always here. And wow, you brought your girl home. You’re moving fast kid.” Ahin winks at her. 

 

“We’re just going to watch a movie or something! We’re not going to do anything!” Nancy turns red. 

 

Chaeryung looks at her in amusement, “We aren’t?”

 

“Hey!” Nancy shyly slaps her arm. 

 

“We’re here because we want to talk to you about something. But I guess you’re busy.” Hyebin says as she stands up and stretches. 

 

“You can tell me.” Nancy insists.

 

“Your girl is here. It’s private.” Ahin whispers to Nancy. 

 

“It’s just Chaeryung. And besides, she’s my soulmate. She should be part of our family now.” Nancy glares at her teammates.

 

“But it’s really private. We can’t do that.” Daisy tells her. 

 

“Do you not trust her?” Nancy was growing more annoyed. Her grip on Chaeryung’s hand grows tighter and she was literally glaring at her friends. 

 

“We trust her okay? But this isn’t something she should know.” 

 

“Then you don’t trust her!” 

 

“Calm down babe.” Chaeryung holds Nancy’s shoulder. 

 

“What are you even so angry about? We’ve spend years together, you can’t expect us to just welcome someone we don’t know much!” Jane glares back. 

 

“That’s my point! If you guys don’t know her much, this is a chance for you to do so. You can talk about what you want to say with her around.” 

 

“And I’m telling you we can’t. What we want to tell you is something personal!” Jane snaps back. 

 

“So I’m going to ask her to leave then?!” Nancy looks back in annoyance. 

 

“No idiot! That’s why we’re leaving. We can’t talk to you when you’re being a .” Jane says as she starts walking towards the door. 

 

“Who’s a ?” Nancy growls at Jane and grips on her clothes. 

 

Jane glares back and grips on Nancy’s hand on her collar, “You’re the .” 

 

A fist fight was about to ensure but Hyebin came just in time to pull them away from each other. 

 

“You two are dismissed from practices unless you sort your problems with each other.” 

 

“I don’t have a problem! That idiot’s just really stupid.” Jane fixes her collar and glares at Nancy. 

 

Nancy shouts and almost rushes to Jane but she’s grabbed by Ahin, “You’re going to get kicked out of the team if you continue this. You know Hyebin unnie’s not joking.”

 

“It’s her fault! Why am I the one going to be kicked out?!” 

 

“Because you’re an idiot that-“

 

“Shut up.” Daisy puts a hand to Jane’s mouth, “You really need to fix your temper. You’re stupid as well.” 

 

Jane glares at Daisy but Daisy just raises her eyebrows so Jane just looks down. She hisses and reaches the door knob to leave. 

 

“You’re acting like a kid!” Daisy screams at her.

 

Hyebin meets Nancy’s eyes who were full of anger and annoyance, “Calm down. We need to talk soon.” 

 

She then makes eye contact with Chaeryung who was just standing still without doing anything. Hyebin stares her down with a cold stare. 

 

That cold stare reminded her of Yeonwoo. And she felt shivers down her spine once again.

 

It was clear as heck to Chaeryung. 

 

Nancy’s friends didn’t like her one bit. 

 

After the other three left the dorm, only Nancy and Chaeryung were left. 

 

Nancy calmed herself and turned to look at her soulmate, “Sorry about that. Me and Jane unnie usually fight. But I guess it went out of hand earlier.” 

 

“It’s my first time seeing you angry.” 

 

“I’m sorry.” Nancy sighs and she plops down on the sofa, “I just...I want them to recognize you because you’re part of my future. And it just angers me that they can’t do that.” 

 

“Babe.” Chaeryung says as she sits beside Nancy and clings to her arm, “I don’t think your friends like me.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean...they can’t trust me with a secret. And I can feel it. They don’t like me.” 

 

Nancy looks at her and just nods, “If they can’t learn to like you then they shouldn’t consider me as their friend anymore.” 

 

“You’d do that?” Chaeryung looks at her surprised. 

 

“Of course. You’re the love of my life. If they can’t accept that, if they can’t support us, then they aren’t my friends.” 

 

“I love you so much.” Chaeryung almost sobs as she pecks Nancy on the lips. 

 

“I love you too.” 

 

—-

 

Hyebin almost slams the door when she got home. This alerted Yeonwoo who was reading a book on General Biology. 

 

“You’re angry? That’s new.”

 

“Coach just screwed me up but aside from that, everything is fine.” 

 

Yeonwoo looks at Hyebin worriedly who was glaring at the kitchen counter while drinking a glass of water. 

 

“And why was he angry?”

 

Hyebin was about to tell her when she realized she can’t. She can’t talk to Yeonwoo about anything Nancy related. She wants Yeonwoo to move on.

 

She can’t say that the coach got angry at her for telling Nancy and Jane to not come to training. 

 

“I was doing a bad game. That’s why.” She says.

 

“You never do a bad game.”

 

“And I guess it’s my first time to do so. Which makes me extra frustrated.” 

 

Yeonwoo worriedly goes closer to her and hugs her, “It’s okay. It’ll be fine. You’re gonna ace training again tomorrow.” 

 

Hyebin hugs her back. 

 

They stay in that position until Hyebin starts talking again. 

 

“How are you holding up? Aren’t you bored from staying in the dorm every free time?” 

 

“It’s fine. Because of it, I’ve finished almost six books. So technically, the part of me studying isn’t exactly a lie.” Yeonwoo shrugs, “And besides, Seongwoo entertains me.”

 

“Seongwoo?”

 

“He just sends text to cheer me up. Don’t worry about him. He’s a good guy.” 

 

Hyebin worriedly lookes at Yeonwoo then nods. She moves away from the hug and places her hand on Yeonwoo’s head. 

 

“Are you happy now?”

 

Yeonwoo just looks at her. She didn’t know what to say. 

 

It’s been a week. She hasn’t seen Nancy at all. But why is it that it still hurts so damn much. She thought her feelings would go away. She thought she’d fall out of love. 

 

But damn, everyday without seeing Nancy just makes her miss her so much. Makes her think of the younger girl again and again. It’s not even healthy anymore. 

 

It hurt remembering Nancy, but she still does anyway. 

 

She’s always so smart but why is it that when it comes to love she gets damned all over?

 

“I...don’t know.” 

 

“You’ll get over it soon. It’s going to be okay.” Hyebin tells her. 

 

And Yeonwoo nods. 

 

She wishes for it to finally be okay.

 

—-

 

“Have you cleared out your mind?” 

 

Hyebin asks as she looks at Nancy who was just quietly sitting infront of her.

 

“It wasn’t clogged in the first place.” 

 

Hyebin sighs. 

 

Nancy still isn’t in a good mood compared to yesterday. 

 

“Look. We couldn’t tell you what we wanted to say that time because it was about Chaeryung.” 

 

This got Nancy’s attention. She looks at Hyebin in confusion. 

 

“What about her?”

 

Hyebin thinks about her next words carefully because she knew that a wrong answer would throw the girl into a throwing fit again. 

 

But she really doesn’t know how she can make her words any better because literally all she wants to say are negative things. 

 

“Look.” Hyebin faces her seriously, “Are you sure you love her?”

 

Nancy grows confused by the second, “Of course I do.”

 

“Nancy...that girl. She’s not good for you.”

 

And Hyebin waits for Nancy to grow angry again. She watches as Nancy’s expression turns from confusion to rage. 

 

“What do you mean not good for me?” She tries to keep calm. 

 

“Well first of all, you’re growing aggressive by the moment. You weren’t like this before. Chaeryung is breaking your friendship with us and I’m not even going to sugar coat it. She’s turning you into your worst.”

 

Nancy stands up, “I’m not up for this conversation.

 

But Hyebin stands as well and holds Nancy’s hand, “Listen to me. I care about you. We all do. And we can damn see that all you do is spend time with her. Heck you don’t even spend time with us anymore. And I get it, you’re infatuated with her-“

 

“I love her!”

 

“Don’t tell me you love her when you don’t even know what love is.” 

 

“She’s my soulmate and I love her. You’re not gonna change that.”

 

“You’re thinking that you love her just because she’s your soulmate. What if she wasn’t? Would you still love her? And damn, love isn’t supposed to make you turn your back on your friends. Love isn’t supposed to make your life revolve around it. What you’re feeling isn’t true love and-“

 

“Why are you trying so hard to keep her away from me?! I finally found my happiness unnie. She was right all along. You guys really don’t like her. I’m sorry but...I can’t leave her. I’ve waited for her for a long time and...I can’t imagine life without her anymore.”

 

“You really are an idiot.”

 

“Maybe I am.” 

 

Nancy was about to leave for the second time that day when Hyebin speaks again. 

 

“What about Yeonwoo?”

 

Nancy stops in her tracks. She looks back at Hyebin, “What about her?”

 

“Was the thing between you and her just nothing?”

 

“There was nothing between us.”

 

“Answer me truthfully just this once!” Hyebin unconsciously shouts.

 

Nancy was a little bit shocked that their normal tempered captain just shouted at her but she swallows hard and answers, “My feelings for her were wrong. She has a soulmate waiting for her. And I have mine already. We can’t work out.” 

 

“But you love her?”

 

“I don’t. I only liked her for a couple of months. But those feelings are gone now. I love Chaeryung now.”

 

Hyebin sighs. She lost the battle. 

 

This girl is too blinded by her desire to meet her soulmate that nothing else matters to her anymore. 

 

“I hope you won’t regret that.”

 

Nancy nods. 

 

She then finally leaves.

 

—-

 

“Babe.” Chaeryung says from the shower.

 

Chaeryung was once again in Nancy’s dorm. It was a good thing Nancy didn’t have a roommate.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can you get that bottle of shampoo? It’s in my bag.” 

 

Nancy stands up from the sofa and moves her eyes away from what she was watching. She walks to Chaeryung’s bag and searches for the shampoo.

 

While searching though, she saw a  bunch of paper with hearts on it. It looked like letters. 

 

Nancy curiously opened one.

 

‘To Chaeryung baby,

 

Be my girlfriend already. I can’t wait to get that beautiful body of yours.

 

From Your Secret Admirer’

 

‘To Chaeryung baby,

 

You told me you had a girlfriend already but who cares? My craving for your body just grew even more.

 

From your Handsome Admirer’

 

Nancy crunches the letter in her hands. She gets the rest of the letters and read them one by one.

 

It was all just love confessions. But the annoying thing is that all of the confessions consisted of lusting on her soulmate’s body. 

 

Nancy stands up and knocks on the shower door. 

 

“Come here for a while.” 

 

“Why baby?”

 

“Just come here.”

 

Chaeryung soon walks outside with a piece of towel covering her. 

 

“Where’s my sha-“

 

“Who the heck are these from?!” She shouts in anger as she showed the letters.

 

Chaeryung grows quiet and Nancy grows red from anger. 

 

“Tell me their names!”

 

Chaeryung walks over to her and holds her shoulder, “Babe, calm down.”

 

But Nancy was no where to calming down. She was angry. 

 

“They’re from my chemistry lab partner. Han Yeongjong. He’s always like that it’s fine.”

 

“It’s not. Where does he live?”

 

“The boys dormitory in our university.”

 

Nancy grits her teeth. She walks to the door.

 

“Where are you going?!”

 

“I’m going to teach that guy a lesson.”

 

Chaeryung looks at her worriedly but after Nancy leaves the dorm, she pulled out her phone from her bag and texted someone.

 

‘She’s coming. Try not to hurt her too much.’

 

She typed in her text. She then smirked and went back to the bathroom.

 

Meanwhile, Nancy thundered down the hallways of her dorm building. Her anger could be seen and her fists were in a tight crunch. 

 

As she was walking, she noticed a girl walking in the opposite direction as hers. She saw her.

 

The girl whom she thought she’d never see again. Or more exactly, the girl she didn’t want to see.

 

“Yeonwoo unnie.” Nancy whispers to herself as she sees the tall girl. 

 

Panic was evident in Yeonwoo’s face when she noticed Nancy was infront of her. She was about to turn around and walk as if she didn’t see the girl, but before she could do that, she noticed how red Nancy looked. How her breathing was irregular, and how she was radiating anger everywhere. 

 

“What’s wrong?” She hesitates. And damn, it was scary for her to talk to the Nancy again. 

 

But Nancy doesn’t answer. She spared one last look at Yeonwoo, continued straight ahead, and ignored her. 

 

—-

 

EYYYYYYYYY 

 

Yeah Nancy’s and idiot and all ahahahha. 

 

Next chapter would just be pure angst i think. Or whateverr. 

 

Thanks for reading everyone have a good day!!