Switch

Shared Feelings

“I WISH NANCY WOULD BE HAPPY WITH HER SOULMATE!” 

 

Yeonwoo shouts. 

 

The words she meant to say, the words she meant to shout to the world, suddenly changed into words that would hurt her. 

 

But it’s fine. 

 

Because Nancy is happy. 

 

Her happiness comes first. 

 

“Aww! Thank you unnie!” Nancy stands up and bear hugs the girl. 

 

“Looks like you found what you were looking for.” Yeonwoo tells her after they hugged. 

 

She looks straight down at the beautiful scenery. She couldn’t bear to look at Nancy right now. She was already too busy to control her tears and the shake of her voice, seeing Nancy and looking at her eyes would just make her break down.

 

“I waited so long to finally meet her. And it was worth it! She’s so beautiful and funny and kind. Wow...” 

 

Yeonwoo didn’t need to look at Nancy to know that the girl was smiling ear to ear. Her voice sounded so passionate and so happy. 

 

And Yeonwoo is damn thankful that it was already night time, because that way Nancy wouldn’t notice the tears threatening to run down her cheeks. 

 

“You should introduce her to us.” She says. 

 

“I will! Tomorrow! You’ll love her. I already do and it hasn’t been a day since I met her.” 

 

She loves her huh.

 

“We talked only a bit though. Exchanged numbers and all. But I feel like I’ve known her for so long already. We just...clicked. I guess soulmates really are like that.” Nancy grins as she looks at the city below. 

 

Yeonwoo was too lost in controlling her tears to even answer anymore. She feels that if she says anything, her voice would tremble so much and break her strong facade. 

 

“One day unnie. One day you’d meet your soulmate and you’ll relate to what I’m talking about! Your whole world would revolve around her. It’s like suddenly, your world became complete. Everything just fits. It’s an unexplainable feeling honestly.” 

 

That’s exactly how I feel about you idiot.

 

“It’s getting pretty cold.” Nancy stands up and offers her hand to the older girl.

 

Yeonwoo wipes her tears secretly. She was about to reach for Nancy’s hand when she stopped.

 

How can I move on if I keep relying on her? 

 

So she stands on her own and walks. 

 

“I’m happy that you’ve finally found what you’re looking for.” 

 

“I have.” Nancy walks side by side with Yeonwoo. 

 

They went home after that. Yeonwoo’s walk towards the dorm was full of fake smiles and the intense effort to stop her tears from falling.

 

Nancy blurting out how happy and in love she is isn’t helping. But a part of her is happy because Nancy is well...happy. Even if she isn’t the reason.

 

Nancy dropped her off at her dorm and smiled at the older girl, “I hope I made it up to you! I meant what I said unnie. I won’t let anything happen to you ever again. I’m really sorry.” 

 

Yeonwoo just nods and smiles at her. 

 

“I’m gonna go now. See you tomorrow.” 

 

“See you.” 

 

And Nancy leaves. 

 

Yeonwoo then noticed that the younger girl’s varsity jacket is still draped on her shoulders. She was about to call Nancy but she had already disappeared.

 

With shaky hands, she opened the door. Hyebin was sitting in the sofa when she saw her. 

 

“How was it?” She beamed at Yeonwoo as she stood up to greet the other girl, “Did you confess already?”

 

But instead of answering, Yeonwoo just crushed the older girl in a hug.

 

“Hey what’s wrong?” Hyebin worriedly hugs Yeonwoo back. 

 

But she was answered with a sob. 

 

—-

 

“My name is Hwang Chaeryung. I’m 19 years of age and well, I study on the university just a few blocks away.” The girl smiles at the others. 

 

The other girls introduce themselves as well. 

 

“You’re really pretty.” Jane says. 

 

“I know. Thank you though.” Chaeryung replies. 

 

“Hey! She’s my soulmate! Don’t hit on her.” Nancy pouts and glares the their team setter. 

 

“Oh shut up. She’s all yours kiddo.” Jane rolls her eyes. She looks at Daisy beside her and wiggles her eyebrows. 

 

“Don’t start with me Jiyeon. I’m not going on a date with you.” Daisy smiles at her and pushes the other

girl’s face away. 

 

“Ignore that flirting couple, tell us more about yourself Chaeryung.” Ahin says as she puts an arm around Jooe.

 

“Uhm...I don’t have much. I major in Acting and Performing Arts. Aside from that, I don’t really do anything but hangout with my friends.” 

 

“You must be really good at singing and acting then!” Taeha says. 

 

“I actually am the top of my class but...small thing.” She grins. 

 

Nancy smiles, “Isn’t she wonderful? Oh by the way! Where’s Yeonwoo unnie?” 

 

“She has a report to finish but she’ll be here soon.” Hyebin tells her. 

 

“But she said-“

 

“Babe.” Chaeryung calls the girl beside her, “Let’s take a picture.” 

 

Nancy smiles at her and leans in closer. She pecks the girl’s cheek and shows a peace sign to the camera. 

 

The other girls looked at each other and some just shrugged. 

 

“Sorry I’m late!” Yeonwoo comes running in the cafe looking really stressed, “The professor was really strict on me since I didn’t attend his class yesterday.” 

 

She looks around the table and saw an unfamiliar girl beside Nancy.

 

She must be it. Damn she’s pretty. How can I ever compete with that?

 

She showed a smile to the girl but the girl just raised an eyebrow. 

 

Yeonwoo then opens her bag and hands Nancy the jacket she borrowed, “Thanks. I forgot to give it back to you last night.”

 

Nancy scans the jacket and noticed that it looked clean, “Did you clean it for me? Thanks a lot unnie! I really haven’t got the time to do so since I was busy with practice.” 

 

“Sure.” Yeonwoo just smiles. She sits on the chair beside Hyebin and across Nancy and her soulmate.

 

“Oh Unnie!” Nancy beams, “Meet my soulmate. Her name is Hwang Chaeryung.” 

 

“Nice to meet you.” Yeonwoo offers her hand. The girl shakes her hand but Yeonwoo noticed the slight pressure the girl added. 

 

“Baby.” Chaeryung clings to Nancy’s arm, “Give me your jacket.” 

 

“What? Why?” 

 

“I’m your soulmate. I should be the one taking care of you. I’ll clean it for you and make sure not a speck of dust is in it.” 

 

Nancy just smiles and pecks the girl’s cheek, “Thanks babe.” 

 

Hyebin reaches out for Yeonwoo’s hand and squeezes it. She looks at the girl worriedly but Yeonwoo was just looking at the menu. Hyebin knows she isn’t looking for something to eat. She just didn’t want to look at Nancy and Chaeryung infront of her. 

 

Hyebin moves closer and whispers to her ear, “Are you okay? Do you want me to come up with an excuse so we can leave early?” 

 

Yeonwoo looks at her and shakes her head, “You’re crazy.”

 

The other girls look at Yeonwoo worriedly as well. 

 

“That idiot is so oblivious.” Jane whispers as she looks at Nancy who kept on flirting with Chaeryung. 

 

“Well, she’s like you.” Daisy says. 

 

“Like me?” 

 

“Nevermind idiot.” Daisy tells her and pushes her away again. 

 

After a few conversations and getting to know their maknae’s soulmate, Hyebin checked the time as it was already time for their practice. 

 

“Guys...training in 10 minutes. We gotta go or coach is gonna kill us again.” Hyebin stands up. She looks at Yeonwoo for a while who just smiled at her. 

 

“I don’t want to be punished with fifty sit ups again. Gotta run.” Jane says as she was the first outside the cafe. Diasy soon follows. 

 

“I have to study for a quiz later. Wanna be my study buddy?” Nayun asks Taeha. 

 

“You just want me to tutor and baby you.” Taeha rolls her eyes but soon walks to go with her.

 

Ahin looks at Jooe, “Want to watch my practice?” 

 

Jooe tip toes to peck her lips, “Sure.”

 

Nancy sees this and turns to her soulmate, “Wanna see me practice too?” 

 

Chaeryung shakes her head, “I actually have somewhere to go to. Maybe next time.” 

 

Nancy looked a bit disappointed but she smiles, “Alright. Take care.” She kisses the girl’s forehead. 

 

The only people left there is Chaeryung and Yeonwoo. 

 

Yeonwoo was about to stand up but Chaeryung stops her, “Let’s talk.” 

 

Yeonwoo looked at her curiously but she sat down. 

 

“I saw the way you looked at my baby.” 

 

Yeonwoo’s eyes grew larger. Her mind was in a stake of panic. She hasn’t even moved on from the pain and hurt she feels and here she is infront of Nancy’s soulmate, who looks pretty angry at her for having feelings for her love. 

 

“You must have misunderstood it. I don’t like-“

 

“Shut up!” 

 

Yeonwoo grows confused by the second. She didn’t seem like the girl who would get angry and just shout. 

 

“Don’t even try to deny it. I know you like her.”

 

“Look I-“

 

“Well here’s the thing.” 

 

For God’s sake can you let me talk?

 

“I love Nancy.” 

 

I do too.

 

“And I won’t let you ruin this for me. I won’t let you ruin us. You saw how happy she was with me. Don’t come in between.”

 

“I won’t-“

 

“If you won’t then don’t talk to her anymore. Avoid her. She’s mine and only mine. And if I see-“

 

“Shut up and listen for a while.”

 

Yeonwoo says in her coldest voice. She’s had enough of this girl cutting her words. 

 

What nerve does she have to be all rude when they haven’t even known each other for more than an hour. 

 

She looks at the girl with a cold stare and she sighs when Chaeryung finally shuts up. 

 

“I’m going to avoid her. But not because you told me to. But because I want to. Nancy is in love with you, and honestly I can’t see what she sees in you. Whatever soulmate thing you have, I don’t care. If you’re so confident that you two are meant to be then nothing can go in between. Not even me. So stop worrying yourself with me. Nancy isn’t inlove with me and she never will be.” Yeonwoo stands up.

 

“Take care of her and shower her with affection. If you love her so much, you’d take care of her. If you ever make her cry, I don’t care what soulmate thing binds you to her, but I’m coming in between. I’d fight the arrangement of the stars and constellations just for that. So take care of her.”

 

“Of course-“

 

“And one more thing. Don’t act all high and mighty on me and giving me unnecessary orders. I don’t bow down to the likes of you.”

 

Yeonwoo then leaves the girl alone. 

 

Chaeryung was speechless. She literally felt the coldness that the girl was radiating. Her stare sent chills down her spine. 

 

She soon recovers and soon glares at nothing and grits her teeth, “Damn you.”

 

Yeonwoo walks down outside the cafe. She looks straight ahead without any emotions. 

 

Then suddenly her eyes widened, “I can’t believe it happened again.” 

 

Yeonwoo is a calm person. She doesn’t normally get angry. She is warm and nice all the time. But there are really moments when she just snaps. 

 

And when she snaps, no one can win against her. 

 

It was all just too much. She cried her eyes out last night. She didn’t even get to prepare for her report. The day was very stressful and to add to that, Nancy decided to introduce her soulmate to them. Yeonwoo wasn’t ready for that, but she had no choice. She met the girl Nancy is head over heels for, even if it still freaking hurts. 

 

Then this said girl is actually a who tells her to stay away from Nancy.

 

Yeonwoo had it. 

 

Her switch has been flipped.

 

 

—-

ANOTHER SHORT UPDATEEE.

 

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR READING AND FOR THOSE WHO PUT COMMENTS.

 

WE’RE KIND OF GETTING TO THE STORY? WHO KNOWS AHAHAHAHAHA. 

 

Random thought though: Yeonwoo is pretty damn scary if she’s mad. (I suddenly imagined it)