Let Me Love You

Shared Feelings

“Want me to get you something?” Ahin asks and stops infront of the door as she turns to Nancy. 

 

“Anything to eat.” Nancy flashes a small smile at Ahin but then immediately goes back to staring at Yeonwoo’s sleeping face. 

 

“Alright. I’ll be back.”

 

Nancy doesn’t bother to look as she reaches for Yeonwoo’s hand. 

 

It was cold. 

 

“I miss you.” She whispers to the sleeping girl as a flash of sadness spreads through her face, “Please wake up. Please.”

 

She holds Yeonwoo’s hand to as she kisses it. She whispers sweet nothings into it, hoping to give warmth to its cold exterior. She didn’t like Yeonwoo being cold. 

 

She misses the warmth Yeonwoo gives her. The comfort Yeonwoo gives her. She misses everything about the girl. 

 

And for the past week, she’s been deprived of the girl. For one whole week, Yeonwoo still remains asleep.

 

It should be fine. She’s stable now. She’s going to wake up. 

 

But damn, it scares Nancy how it hasn’t happened yet. A whole freaking week has passed but not a sign of Yeonwoo waking up. 

 

It still scares her.

 

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.” She repeats again and again and she kisses Yeonwoo’s hand every after a word she says. She closes her eyes and holds the girl’s hand tight into her lips. 

 

“You should probably rest now.” A voice resonates inside the room.

 

Nancy looks up to see Seongwoo there, smiling at her and holding up a plastic of food. 

 

“It’s my turn.” He gently says. 

 

Nancy really wanted to disagree. She wants to stay with Yeonwoo, to monitor the girl, to see any sign of improvement on her. 

 

But she had no choice. Hyebin assigned a time for them to guard Yeonwoo and sadly, Nancy’s time is up. 

 

So she regretfully stands up, not forgetting to leave a kiss on Yeonwoo’s forehead before leaving.

 

As she walks to the door, Seongwoo calls out for her. 

 

“Hey Nancy.”

 

Nancy turns around, curious as to why he called, “Yes?”

 

Seongwoo takes a deep breath as he looks back at Nancy, “Do you...are you really in love with Yeonwoo?”

 

“I am. I love her so damn much.” She says without hesitation. 

 

She sees a flash of sadness and hurt on Seongwoo’s face and because of this she realizes. She realizes that this guy feels the same way she feels towards Yeonwoo. 

 

Love.

 

“You feel the same don’t you?”

 

Seongwoo looks away and smiles sadly, “Yeah. I love her so much too. But damn, I’m at a disadvantage. She’s so freaking inlove with you.”

 

Sadness masks every word he says and Nancy can really see how much he loves Yeonwoo. She sees the passion, the love and the sadness in his eyes that she stops to think and consider her own feelings as well.

 

Did she have a right? Does she have a right to love Yeonwoo after everything she’s put her through? 

 

Nancy smiles sadly as well and looks away, “But you know what Seongwoo...I’m an idiot. I as a friend, as a person. I hurt her too much already. I don’t really think I have a right to love her. To have her mine again. I don’t deserve her.”

 

And it hurts. 

 

Every word she says about how she doesn’t deserve Yeonwoo. Because she knows how true it is. She doesn’t have the right to even be involved with Yeonwoo after all she’s done.

 

“You may not deserve her. But she loves you.” Seongwoo looks at her in the eyes, “She loves you...and I don’t think I can replace you in her heart.”

 

Nancy sadly smiles, “You’ve been there for her. For the times I ed up. For the times I hurt her. You’re the one who helped her through it. You deserve her so much more than I do.” 

 

“But I-“

 

“Shut up both of you.”

 

Nancy and Seongwoo stops and looks at the door to see Hyebin there, sighing at the two with her arms crossed. 

 

“Yeonwoo decides who she will choose. And please, can we put this aside for a while?” Hyebin looks at them sadly, “She isn’t even awake yet. And I don’t know how long she’ll stay that way. Can we please settle this love triangle some other time? Her health should be our priority.”

 

Nancy and Seongwoo both looks down, guilt and regret present in their faces. 

 

“Yeah. We’re being selfish. Sorry Yeonwoo-ah.” Seongwoo smiles in Yeonwoo’s direction. 

 

“Sorry too Yeonwoo unnie. See you later.” Nancy smiles in Yeonwoo’s direction as well before leaving the room.

 

—-

 

“Yeonwoo’s awake.”

 

Nancy stops in her tracks as she hears that from Jane. She almost drops her books as she remains frozen in place. 

 

“She’s what?”

 

“She’s awake!” Daisy shouts happily into the phone call, “Get your small stupid over here if you want to see her!”

 

Nancy dropped the call and looked up at the sky. It was a clear sun along with a refreshing breeze. 

 

She closes her eyes and tears start streaming down her face. 

 

“She’s awake...” she whispered to herself as she starts walking to fix her things. 

 

“She’s awake!” She shouts out of happiness, “She’s awake!” 

 

She shouts to the whole school, grabbing a bunch of strangers by their shoulders and telling them that Yeonwoo is awake. 

 

She was too happy to care about anything right now. 

 

The girl she loves is alive. 

 

Soon enough, she sees herself running outside the university, running through the city, running and running again, this time to finally see and meet Yeonwoo.

 

She was dead from panting when she reached the hospital. But nothing mattered more than Yeonwoo right now. She pants outside of the hospital room, catching her breath, her raging heartbeat and her overflowing emotions. 

 

“Dabin! I missed you!” 

 

“Don’t ever do that to us again. To me again.” 

 

“I’m so glad you’re awake now!”

 

“Bring back my tears you insensitive genius!”

 

She hears a bunch of voices from the inside.

 

Then she hears a laugh.

 

An all too familiar laugh.

 

“I’m sorry for making you guys worry.”

 

Damn.

 

Yeonwoo’s voice...

 

Hearing Yeonwoo’s voice was enough for Nancy to cry again. 

 

Nancy tugs on her chest as she loses her balance. She eventually leans on the wall as she tries to calm herself. 

 

She couldn’t breath. Her heart felt like it would break her ribcage because of how strong it was beating.

 

Everything suddenly came back to her. 

 

How stupid she was. Everything she put Yeonwoo into. The words she told her, the hurt she gave her. 

 

She’s the reason why Yeonwoo is there in the first place. Sitting in the hospital bed, fighting for her life. 

 

If she hadn’t reached for her that day, Yeonwoo wouldn’t have ran. She wouldn’t have been hit by that damn truck. 

 

It was all her fault. 

 

She has no right...to even show herself infront of Yeownoo anymore. 

 

To talk to her, to be in the same place as her, she doesn’t deserve Yeonwoo. 

 

She’s a bomb who destroyed and broke her. 

 

So she steadies her raging heartbeat, her jumbled thoughts and her shaking body as she stands up properly. She grips on her chest as she readies herself to walk away. 

 

Never to show herself infront of Yeonwoo again.

 

She took one step, but someone had already taken a grip on her arm.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Jane looks at her confusedly.

 

Nancy smiles sadly as tears continue streaming down her face, “I’m just here to check if she’s really okay.”

 

“Don’t you want to talk to her?”

 

“Does she want to talk to me?” Nancy grits her teeth as another wave of tears start falling down her eyes.

 

“I can’t say for sure that she does.” Jane says, “But are you really going to let things end like that? With you not talking to her? With you running away because you’re guilty? Nancy, you aren’t a kid anymore! Go and face what you’ve done.”

 

“You don’t understand!”

 

“You ed up! You broke her, and this is your fault, I get it!” Jane shouts at her. 

 

Nancy clenches her fist and glares at Jane, “If you know then-“

 

“If you ing know then why won’t you do something to correct it? If you know you did wrong, why let it end there? Do you think you’ll be happy just living without even fixing things between you? Stop running away! I thought you said you’ll be the one running after her this time? Woman up!”

 

Nancy stops. She closes her eyes and imagines being with Yeonwoo, them smiling happily and thinking that no one else matters except them. 

 

“Even if you two end up together or not, you should still talk to her. Show her the love that you’ve been bottling up this whole time.”

 

Nancy sits down and buries her face in her arms. 

 

Soon enough, she stands up.

 

Her eyes changed, her shaking stopped, her face looked determined. 

 

She walks to the door, and with a deep breath, she opens it. 

 

Her breath hitched when she saw Yeonwoo. Yeonwoo’s eyes, her smile, her voice, her everything that Nancy has missed and has longed for. 

 

The click of the door was heard, and everyone turned their attention to Nancy who was beside the door. 

 

Everyone including Yeonwoo. 

 

Yeonwoo’s eyes grew bigger as she meets with Nancy’s eyes. Nancy looks at her, making sure that Yeonwoo can see the love and determination in her eyes. She looked at her with so much longing and love that Yeonwoo was forced to pull away from the eye contact. 

 

“We should probably leave you two alone.” Hyebin says, “Will you be okay?”

 

Yeonwoo hesitates, but she takes a deep breath to ready herself. Then she nods towards Hyebin. 

 

“If Nancy does something stupid again, just call me. I’ll make sure to kill her this time.” Hyebin jokes as she and the group leave the room. 

 

Yeonwoo makes eye contact with Seongwoo and the guy just smiles at her which calms Yeonwoo’s raging heart. 

 

She really didn’t want to see Nancy. Talk to her even. 

 

But avoiding the girl has taken its toll on her. She’s literally on this hospital bed, asleep for ten days just because she ran away from this girl infront of her. 

 

Maybe it was time she faced her. 

 

It took courage for Yeonwoo to look at Nancy again. This time, she noticed how bad the girl looked. 

 

She had dark circles under her eyes, and her eyes looked so red she must have just finished crying. Her hair was everywhere, she was a mess. 

 

A stupid mess that Yeonwoo still damn loves. 

 

“What do you want?” Yeonwoo looks away from their eye contact. She looks down on her bed sheet and grips on it. 

 

It hurts to see Nancy. 

 

Sure her whole body hurts. She can still feel the soreness of her wounds, the numbness of some of her parts, the dizziness and nausea from all the medical treatment she has been given. She can feel the stitches on her skin, the harsh feeling of the medicine in her wounds. It all hurts so much. 

 

But seeing Nancy right now hurts more. 

 

The feeling of Nancy still hating her. The fresh memory of how Nancy didn’t believe her. Of the words Nancy told her. 

 

It resonated into her mind to the point that she really didn’t even want to talk to the girl, to see her. 

 

“I...” Nancy says in a soft voice, “Gosh. I don’t know where to start.”

 

Yeonwoo doesn’t say a word as she focuses on the bed sheet. 

 

“I ed up. I’m sorry!” Nancy shouts as she bows down infront of Yeonwoo. 

 

Yeonwoo looks up at her, seemingly surprised at how formal Nancy is being. 

 

“I didn’t listen to you. I said harsh words to you. And I did those things even if I knew that you only loved and cared for me. I even doubted your good intentions, I ed up so bad. I put you through so much. Damn...I don’t even have a right to talk to you right now. But please...hear me out? I just really wanted to say I’m sorry. I’m so freaking sorry. I’ll do everything to make it up to you. I’ll make sure the promises I once gave you will be done. Please. I’m so sorry. I regret everything I’ve done. It’s killing me every time whenever I think of what happened. I’m so so so so so sorry.” Nancy sobs into her hands as she said those words. 

 

Yeonwoo feels a tugging at her heart when she sees Nancy crying. She never really liked seeing the girl she loves cry, but the case here is so much more complicated. 

 

What should she say? 

 

Her mind was a mess. She was angry at the girl, she cried a thousand liters for this girl infront of her, but she still loves her so much that she’s ready to get hurt a million times over again. 

 

‘Love yourself more.’ She remembers Hyebin once said. 

 

And getting involved with Nancy again when she’s this broken isn’t going to make her love herself. 

 

“Nancy.” Yeonwoo calls out, “I’m sorry.” 

 

Nancy looks up from sobbing and looks straight at Yeonwoo who was now gripping on ger blanket.

 

“I’m sorry. But...I just really can’t talk to you now. My mind is in a mess. I don’t know if what I feel for you is enough, I don’t know what I should do. But one thing you should know is that...I’ve forgiven you. Even if you haven’t apologized yet, I already forgave you. It’s just that...I don’t know if I can bear seeing you right now. With your girlfriend who hates me and all. I really want to move on from you...and I don’t think seeing you would help me with that.” Yeonwoo gave a small laugh.

 

“Chaeryung isn’t my girlfriend.” Nancy says, “She never was anyway. And you were right, she wasn’t even my soulmate. I found out about it the same day you got into that accident. She was just playing with me, she isn’t my soulmate. Nor did she ever love me. I should have believed you. I can’t believe I chose that over you.” 

 

Yeonwoo could feel the overflowing anger from Nancy, but she knows that amidst all, Nancy is angrier at herself than at Chaeryung or at any other person. She hates herself right now. 

 

“You just loved, Nancy. It’s not your fault.” Yeonwoo says.

 

“Was it really love? Because I don’t feel strong emotions for her, she never put my heart into a nearing cardiac arrest for beating so hard, she never gave me butterflies in my stomach, no immense happiness and comfort, I never did feel her caring, she was cold all the time without giving me the warmth that I longed for. I never felt those things from her. All those things that I felt from you.”

 

Nancy looks straight into Yeonwoo’s eyes, her eyes full of passion and care and love and it was burning hot. So hot but Yeonwoo couldn’t look away. She was trapped into Nancy’s eyes again. 

 

“I know that I hurt you. That you probably don’t want to see me and that you want to move on from me. But I stay true to my words. I love you Yeonwoo unnie.” She deepens her look at Yeonwoo’s eyes, “I love you so much. So so so much. I can’t explain how my heart yearns for you.”

 

“Nancy I-“

 

“It’s fine if you hate me. If you don’t want to love me anymore, if you don’t reciprocate my feelings anymore. Just please.” Nancy focuses on Yeonwoo’s eyes, seeing the coldness in it begin to melt, “Let me love you.”

 

Yeonwoo finally looks away. The longer she stays trapped in Nancy’s eyes, the more she’d be willing to let the girl take everything she has again. 

 

And damn her words. 

 

Why does she have to make Yeonwoo so damn confused again.

 

She was so sure about moving on but Nancy really isn’t going to make that any easier on her. 

 

“Let me love you please. I don’t expect anything in return, just let me do so.” Nancy repeats. 

 

Gosh.

 

Yeonwoo wipes the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She looks away and heaves a deep sigh. 

 

“You’re so damn confusing.” Yeonwoo says, “First I wanted to move away from you because my feelings for you started to grow. But you wanted to see me and you were sulking because I avoided you. The next thing, you were the one avoiding me. After I confessed, you continued to avoid me and when I told you the truth about Chaeryung you ignored me. So when I finally want to let go and move on, you’re here again, wanting to love me, wanting to give me something that I wanted to have for the longest time.  You really at timings Nancy.” 

 

Nancy looks away and sniffles a small laugh, “I as person unnie. I’ve done nothing right in my life. Which is why I’m trying again this time, to hope that maybe I will do something right. It may seem selfish of me to still ask for you even after all I have done. But I don’t see anything right in my life except for you. You’re the only right in my life full of wrongs. So please, just let me love you. Please.”

 

Yeonwoo looks deep into Nancy’s eyes and she can really see the burning determination in her eyes. It was hard for Yeonwoo to look away, nor to say no to her words. 

 

Heck she really couldn’t even say no. 

 

She loves this girl too much to reject her. 

 

“Fine. But I can’t promise you anything in return.” Yeonwoo says. 

 

Nancy smiles and nods happily, “I love you Yeonwoo.” 

 

Yeonwoo blushes but playfully glares at her, “Call me unnie!”

 

“But you like it when I call you like that. Right Yeonwoo?” Nancy smirks as another wave of red flushes through Yeonwoo’s cheeks. 

 

“Shut up and call the others if you have nothing else to say.” Yeonwoo laughs. 

 

Nancy nods but before she does, she walks closer to Yeonwoo and holds her hand in hers. 

 

“Are we good?” She asks. 

 

“We are.” Yeonwoo smiles. 

 

Nancy sure has missed that smile. 

 

Seeing Yeonwoo smile like this is enough for Nancy. And the thought that they’re friends again shoots Nancy over to the moon and back. 

 

She doesn’t expect for the girl to reciprocate her feelings, nor to be in a relationship with Yeonwoo. She just wants them to be as they used to be. 

 

Soulmate or not, she’s deeply in love with this girl. 

 

—-

 

“You didn’t tell her you’re soulmates?” Hyebin asks as she saw Nancy outside the room. 

 

“Why would I? I don’t want to give her a different reason to love me. If she’ll accept my feelings for her and reciprocate it, I want it to be because she genuinely loves me back, not because we’re soulmates.”

 

“Hmmm. Anyways just so you know, Seongwoo’s inside the room.” Hyebin smirks. 

 

Nancy panics, “He’s inside?”

 

“Stop acting jealous. They’re friends.”

 

“He literally likes her! And he’s been there for her when I broke her.”

 

“Yeah. He was the only support Yeonwoo got back then. She didn’t want to talk to me about you much because she knows I’ll come punching you again.”

 

Nancy pouts as she glares at the floor.

 

“I remember Yeonwoo once mentioning she has a crush on Seongwoo. It was a joke though, but for her to joke like that tsk tsk.” Hyebin smirks as she sees Nancy turning redder from anger. 

 

But it was an innocent anger this time. Contrary to the past few days where she’s ready to go and punch a guy from another school due to her anger. 

 

“Seongwoo is handsome and tall and part of the basketball team and he’s funny and kind and cool and damn-why is he so perfect?!” Nancy huffs as she pouts and kicks the air. 

 

“Your insecurities are showing idiot!” Hyebin laughs and knocks on Nancy’s head. 

 

“You can’t blame me. Although I really don’t have a right to be jealous. She’s not mine anyway.” Nancy pouts again. 

 

“You know what? Whatever!” Hyebin raises her hands as she laughs, “This issue of you three will settle out soon. Just make sure Yeonwoo doesn’t get hurt anymore and I won’t bother intervening.” 

 

“I wonder what they’re doing though?” Nancy says as she grips on the door knob. 

 

But Hyebin drags her by the collar and away from the room, “Give them time to talk idiot.”

 

—-

 

“Hey.” Seongwoo says as he settles himself on the chair beside Yeonwoo’s bed.

 

“Hey.” Yeonwoo smiles at him. 

 

“I guess you’re on good terms with Nancy?” He says as she opens a pack of Yeonwoo’s favorite chocolate.

 

“I didn’t want to keep us broken for so long. I guess it was time I talked to her to fix everything.” She says as Seongwoo gives her the chocolate bar. “Thanks.”

 

“Sooooo.” Seongwoo scratches the back of his head as he looks away, “I guess I’m out of the picture?”

 

Yeonwoo looks up from her chocolate bar and at Seongwoo, “What do you mean?”

 

“You like her. She likes you. What am I doing in between?” Seongwoo smiles but Yeonwoo can see through his smile. He was hurt. 

 

“Seongwoo...” Yeonwoo reaches for his hand, to provide any type of comfort. 

 

Once again, she doesn’t know what to say. 

 

Seongwoo is her light. The only reason why she hasn’t broken down so much. He kept her safe and in place. Seongwoo means so much to her that it hurts her to see Seongwoo hurt. 

 

Especially if he’s hurt because of her. 

 

The guy didn’t do anything wrong. He’s all but kind and caring, and yet he still gets the sharper end of the sword. 

 

It was unfair and Yeonwoo can see this. 

 

She wants to give Seongwoo comfort, but she really didn’t know how. 

 

“You’re my friend.” Yeonwoo starts, “I love you and I don’t want to lose you. You’re never out of the picture, nor out of my life. Please don’t be sad. I’m sorry if I hurt you.” 

 

Seongwoo looks at her and Yeonwoo can see his longing and sadness in it. Seongwoo looked for a whole minute before sighing and looking away, “I can’t do it.”

 

“Can’t do what?”

 

“I was about to give you up. To just...let Nancy have you. But after looking at you and seeing you...I just can’t. I’m never selfish but for once in my life...I want to be one. I want to fight for you. I know I’m just being a mess into your love story. But...my feelings are so intense now, I just can’t give up that easily.”

 

Yeonwoo looks at him and she sees what she saw in Nancy earlier. The burning hot passion, love and determination. 

 

She recognizes eyes like those. 

 

She knows she can’t stop people who have their eyes set like that. So her words would remain futile to the two. 

 

“Seongwoo...” Yeonwoo’s grip on his hand grows tighter.

 

“Let me love you. Please.” He says. 

 

And damn that line is familiar.

 

These two are going to be the death of Yeonwoo. 

 

And she thought she was done with dying.

 

—————————————

 

EYYYY

 

SO THIS CHAPTER IS LIKEEE JUST THEM TALKING BUT IT’S ALSO TO LIKE LESSEN THE ATMOSPHERE. I CAN’T WRITE FLUFF WITHOUT A PROPER TRANSITION FROM THE WHOLE TRAGIC ANGST THE PAST CHAPTERS HAS GIVEN. 

 

Also to those who wanted Yeonwoo to not forgive Nancy, i considered it too. But Yeonwoo really isn’t the type to be angry with other people. That kid is too kind. 

 

THE NEXT CHAPTER WE’LL HAVE SOME FLUFF GOING ON. 

 

THANKS EVERYONE FOR READING THIS AND SUPPORTING THIS. Around five more chapters to go and we’re doneeee.