Cutting Ties

Shared Feelings

“Hey.” 

 

Yeonwoo turns around to look at Seongwoo who suddenly managed to appear beside her locker.

 

“How did you find me?” Yeonwoo laughs at him as she pulls out a couple of books.

 

“Not my fault I was asked by a professor to do some errands for him in the engineering building. And it turns out, you’re an engineering student.” Seongwoo smiles.

 

“And is that errand done?” Yeonwoo asks as she starts walking with her books in her hand. 

 

“Fortunately it is.” Seongwoo tags along, “Where are you going?”

 

“The question here is why are you following me?” 

 

“Because I have nothing better else to do. And besides, you still owe me.” 

 

“I know I’m in debt.” Yeonwoo says, “But sorry for you I have a class in five minutes. I need to catch up on my lessons.” 

 

“It’s fine. Text me when you’re free?” He  smiles. 

 

“Sure.” 

 

Seongwoo grins, “Anyways, I also remembered I have basketball practice soon. Gotta run.”

 

After Seongwoo literally stormed down the hallways, Yeonwoo continued walking but stopped when she saw Jane and Daisy looking at her amused. 

 

“You sure attract athletes unnie.” Jane grins.

 

Yeonwoo playfully glares at her, “I do not.”

 

“I’m serious. Look, another athlete is right behind you.”

 

Yeonwoo’s eyes widened. She looked at her back and saw Nancy. 

 

Even the sight of her brings sadness to Yeonwoo. The sight of someone so beautiful, so cute and gorgeous, the sight of the girl she loves but can never have.

 

It hurt to see her. She’s reminded of how being on a one sided love hurts.

 

She calmed her raging heart. 

 

This girl has a soulmate. You can’t think of her in that way anymore.

 

“Unnie!” 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“Wanna come over to my dorm and study? I really need help on this one assignment.”

 

But Yeonwoo remembers what she told Chaeryung. She couldn’t keep hanging out with Nancy. If she does, her feelings would only grow stronger and stronger.

 

She’s already cried a lot for straight two nights because of this girl. And if she keeps on being beside her, she’d cry for a few weeks more. She’s fallen pretty damn hard. 

 

She needs to stop her feelings. 

 

“Sorry. I have to review tonight also. A big exam is coming up. I can’t fail it, my scholarship is on the line.” 

 

Nancy pouts, “Oh okay. Maybe I’ll just ask someone else to help.” 

 

“Sorry.” Yeonwoo smiles apologetically.

 

“It’s fine. See you unnie.”

 

—-

 

But Nancy doesn’t see Yeonwoo after that.

 

That day, Yeonwoo didn’t sit on their usual table to eat their lunch.

 

“Where’s Yeonwoo unnie?” Nancy worriedly asks Hyebin who was munching on her burger. 

 

“She’s busy studying. You know how hardworking she is.” 

 

That was a lie. Yeonwoo was laying in her bed, staring straight into nothing with dried tears straining her cheeks.

 

“I can do this.” She whispers to herself. Convincing herself that falling out of love is as easy as falling in love.

 

—-

 

The day after that, Nancy is on her practice. Chaeryung is also there (for the first time) to cheer on her. 

 

The maknae of the team smiles and waved at Chaeryung who waved back. 

 

“You’re in high spirits.” Ahin told her as she recieved a ball.

 

“My soulmate is watching.” Nancy grins and spiked the ball even stronger. 

 

“Idiot.” Jane whispers. 

 

“What?” Nancy hears her and glares.

 

“I’m joking idiot. Block this.” She says as she positions herself to do a spike, with Nancy in front of her on the other side of the court. 

 

When Jane was about to hit the ball, Nancy jumped. But her jump wasn’t high enough so only her middle finger came in contact with the ball. 

 

She grunts as she holds her finger to herself, “Ouch.”

 

She hurriedly looks at Chaeryung but the girl was busy using her phone. She didn’t look hurt. 

 

Nancy sighed in relief. Atleast she’s fine. Being hit in the finger with a ball so hard hurts so bad. She felt her finger going numb from the pain.

 

However, Hyebin notices this and whispers to Daisy, “That’s weird. Chaeryung didn’t look hurt even when Nancy got hurt.”

 

Daisy looks at her and nods, “Must have been a malfunction?”

 

“You talk as if the concept of soulmates is some technology.” Hyebin whispers back. 

 

But she continues to look at Chaeryung suspiciously until she pretty much got hit on the face with a ball.

 

“Focus Captain!”

 

After the training ended, Nancy ran to Chaeryung. 

 

“How did I do?” She grins, feeling extra tired that she gave it her all. But seeing her love made her happy and energized once again.

 

“You’re amazing.” Chaeryung says.

 

Nancy was about to reach for a hug when Chaeryung stopped her, “You’re sweaty!”

 

“Sorry.” Nancy shrugs as she wipes herself with a towel.

 

They then started walking to get outside of the court.

 

“So I finally see the infamous ace of DK University’s volleyball team.”

 

“Am I that famous that people from other schools know about me?” Nancy laughs.

 

“You guys beat our school everytime you compete. Of course we know you.” Chaeryung says as she hands a bottle of water to Nancy.

 

“Quick question!” Nancy says, “If our schools compete again which one would you cheer for?”

 

“Of course I’d cheer for you!” She pecks on Nancy’s cheek.

 

“Promise me?”

 

“Promise.”

 

Nancy grins, “Then get your voice ready to cheer for me next week.”

 

—-

 

“Where’s Yeonwoo unnie?” Nancy asks once again as she brought a piece of sushi into . 

 

“Studying.” 

 

“Really? I haven’t seen her for two days now! When is she going to take that exam anyway?”

 

Hyebin racks her brain to think of a date. A date too early would end up in Yeonwoo losing an alibi to avoid Nancy. A date too far would cause Nancy to bug Yeonwoo since the exams are still far away. 

 

“Five days from now.”

 

“It’s still too far! She needs a breather. I’m going to go visit your dorm later.”

 

“Don’t!”

 

“Why not?” Nancy pouts, “You make it seem like she doesn’t want to see me.”

 

Well yeah she doesn’t.

 

“She really begged me not to bring distractions. She really wants to ace this exam.” 

 

Nancy pouts again, “But I miss her. She’s my favorite unnie.” 

 

“Yah! We’re all your unnies and you chose Yeonwoo?” Hyebin ruffles the girl’s hair. 

 

“She’s kind unlike you!” Nancy sticks out her tongue, “You’re scary especially during training!”

 

“Why you-“

 

But Nancy starts running so Hyebin won’t be able to hit her. 

 

Nancy laughs as she runs and she eventually reaches the university garden. She sits down on the bench, grunts as she realizes she hasn’t finished eating yet. 

 

She was about to stand up when she notices that the air was really refreshing. So she just decides to sit down and close her eyes casually.

 

“I really miss Yeonwoo unnie.”

 

—-

 

“Babe!” 

 

Nancy smiles from ear to ear and runs to hug Chaeryung.

 

They’re on their fifth date now and every day Nancy just feels herself falling even more for the girl. 

 

She was charismatic and funny at the same time. She feels really lucky to have her as her soulmate. 

 

“Did you eat already?” Nancy asks as she sits down across Chaeryung’s chair.

 

Chaeryung shakes her head, “I waited for you.” 

 

Nancy grins. She calls the waiter and orders a set of food for the two of them. 

 

“So what’s up today? Anything interesting happened?” Nancy asks as soon as she placed her order. 

 

“Aside from a group of guys annoying me to date them, everything is fine.” Chaeryung says.

 

Nancy raised an eyebrow, “Are you serious? Didn’t you tell them you have a girlfriend already?”

 

Chaeryung smiled at her in amusement, “I have a girlfriend?”

 

Nancy looked away to blush, “Not really. Soon to be girlfriend though.” 

 

Nancy feels herself getting redder each second. She can feel Chaeryung still looking at her and the redness spreads to her neck and ears. 

 

“How about you? What happened today?” Chaeryung says after a few moments. 

 

Nancy looks at her and almost immediately answers, “I didn’t get to see Yeonwoo unnie again.” 

 

Chaeryung’s fist unconsciously tightened, she looked at Nancy who looked genuinely sad, “Why do you like that Yeonwoo so much anyway?”

 

“She’s really kind and warm. I feel comfortable everytime I’m with her. She helps me with my homework sometimes. She’s my favorite unnie.” Nancy says. 

 

And Chaeryung notices the smile that Nancy showed when she said that. She looked so happy and sincere. 

 

Chaeryung grows annoyed more. Yeonwoo is in love with Nancy. That’s why she asked the girl to move away from them. 

 

But why does Nancy look like she can’t live without her? Like...she talks as if she’s possibly inlove with her?

 

This is outrageous!

 

“Yeonwoo unnie is also really pretty and beautiful and-“

 

“Babe!”

 

Nancy stops her words in shock. It was the first time Chaeryung screamed at her. 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Answer me honestly. Please.” Chaeryung looks straight into her eyes. 

 

“Okay?” Nancy unsurely answers. 

 

“Do you like Yeonwoo?”

 

Nancy wanted to immediately say no. Her soulmate and future love of her life just asked her if she likes someone else. She should of course say no.

 

But why is it that her words got stuck and she can’t say a simple two letter word.

 

“I...”

 

“You do don’t you?”

 

“No!” 

 

Nancy forces herself to say it. 

 

“No. I...I don’t like her. Maybe I did...in the past. But that’s all gone now. You’re here now. You’re my soulmate and...you’re the one I have to love. My feelings for her back then were just...merely attraction. You’re the one I want to be with.”

 

Nancy looks at her straight in the eyes. 

 

“If I’m the one you really want to be with,” Chaeryung looks back at her, “You’d avoid Yeonwoo. You wont talk to her. You wont miss her. Can you do that for me?”

 

The thought of ignoring and avoiding Yeonwoo seems so hard that Nancy almost says no. But she realizes that maybe it is right to avoid Yeonwoo. Her soulmate is right infront of her now. And even if she just treats Yeonwoo as her favorite unnie now, the fact remains that she was still kind of attracted to her. 

 

It would be unfair to her soulmate if Nancy was feeling confused for someone. 

 

“I’d do that for you.” 

 

Nancy says.

 

And so, she didn’t see Yeonwoo anymore after that.

 

Except when she almost died.

 

—-

 

HEYYYY KIND OF DRAGGING THE STORY BUT IT HELPS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL INDIVIDUAL CHAPTERS HAD LIKE THREE CHAPTER CONTENTS INSIDE OF THEM. (Does that make sense?)

 

But anywayyy, I’m going into Nancy’s POV this time since I’ve paid a lot of attention to Yeonwoo recently. Andd as you can see here, Nancy is still a bit confused, but her mind tells her that she can’t betray her soulmate so there she goes.

 

Comments are really appreciated though thanks everyone for reading this.