Mutual Pinings

Shared Feelings

Nancy has just finished another volleyball game, and their team got an easy win as the opponent lacked good players. Their final game was a week from now and Nancy sure is hyped. 

 

But that was for the long run. Let’s focus on the current events, where she’s running through the campus just to get to her class.

 

“I can’t be late again.” She hissed as she zoomed in the hallway. 

 

She was so focused on not getting late that she didn’t realize that Yeonwoo was walking to the right of her. 

 

Nancy only realized this when she hit Yeonwoo and they both fell down to the ground. 

 

They both grunt and Nancy swears she felt pain in her back even if it’s only her elbow that hit the ground. 

 

“Sorry.” Nancy looks at the girl below her who is holding her back while murmuring how painful it is.

 

“It’s fine.” Yeonwoo smiles up at her. 

 

They stay in that position for a while, with Nancy on top of Yeonwoo, their eyes on each other and it seemed like the world had stopped. 

 

To Nancy, there was only Yeonwoo. Yeonwoo who looks like a goddess, Yeonwoo who looks so cute when she smiles or blushes or when she’s shy, Yeonwoo who looks so hot when she’s literally not even doing anything. And this Yeonwoo who’s hair is sprawled all over the floor, her cheeks red as she looks at Nancy. 

 

To Yeonwoo, there’s only Nancy. Nancy who looks so cute and bubbly when she smiles, Nancy who looks so cuddly and dorky, Nancy whose eyes are sparkling every time Yeonwoo sees her. And this Nancy who’s busy staring at her soul with her cheeks tinted red. 

 

The world was theirs to keep, and it seemed like time had stopped. 

 

Good things, however, don’t last. As their mini staring contest had been disturbed by the howls and cheers of their schoolmates. 

 

Nancy hurriedly stands up, stuttering and not knowing what to say. Eventually she gave up on stuttering and murmuring and just helped the older girl up, who evaded any eye contact. 

 

“Sorry about that. I was in a hurry.” Nancy grinned. She silently celebrates as she was able to manage on making a proper sentence structure. 

 

“It’s fine.” 

 

A moment went on, and Nancy realized she really was late. So she excused herself from the taller girl, and ran to her class. 

 

She was fine with being late if that will be the reason for her tardiness. Heck, she would skip a class just for that to happen again. 

 

It had been a week since the two met in the cafe. They hadn’t contacted each other after that, but Nancy is weirded out by how she craves to see the girl. 

 

That she would go out her way just to look for her in the campus whenever she’s free. She basically knows Yeonwoo’s schedule but she claims she’s not a stalker nor does she have feelings for the other girl. 

 

Which isn’t believed by her friends who are too busy teasing her and telling her to go get the girl’s number. 

 

But Nancy believes she isn’t really in love with the girl. What about her soulmate? She can’t just be in a relationship with someone when she hasn’t even met her soulmate yet. 

 

Nancy knows, from experience, that relationships with people who aren’t soulmates usually end up in heartbreaks. Someone is meant to be with a special someone. And if it’s not that special someone, then those feelings aren’t true. They’re mere infatuation or attraction. 

 

So Nancy swears she isn’t in love with the gorgeous girl, Yeonwoo. 

 

 

Yeonwoo had just finished her report on quantum physics and she’s physically and mentally beat. 

 

She walks to her dorm, and the quietness of her surroundings forces her to think of the event that happened earlier. 

 

“Nancy huh?” Yeonwoo whispers to herself. She smiles to while remembering the event that happened earlier. 

 

Eventually, she reaches her dorm. Before she could open it, she heard loud music coming from inside. 

 

She remembers Hyebin, her roommate, telling her that she’ll be having a victory party in their dorm when they win the semi-finals. 

 

“Guess they won.”

 

She opens the door and was greeted by colored light flashing and banging music. Only a few girls were there and Yeonwoo assumes that only the core players are present. 

 

The players turned to look at her and they each greeted her. 

 

“Hi!” A girl with big ears smiled at her. 

 

Yeonwoo returned a modest smile at her. 

 

“Dabin!!” Hyebin shrieks and runs to her. She reeks of alcohol. 

 

“Hey.” 

 

“These are my teammates! Daisy, Ahin, and Jane!” She screams in full volume. 

 

“Wow. You’re really pretty.” Jane walks to her and goes at a dangerously close distance.

 

Yeonwoo manages a smile, “You’re pretty too.” 

 

“Damn, we should date.” Jane winks at her and Hyebin pinches her on the ear. 

 

“My roommate is off limits to playgirls.” 

 

“Aww. She’s really pretty though. And she looks like a good model student.” 

 

“Because she is.” Hyebin says. 

 

Before she gets involved in another conversation (which she doesn’t really hate, but right now she would really love to just lie in her bed) she excuses herself to get to her room. 

 

When she opened it though, she was greeted by a familiar face. 

 

Her jaw dropped to the floor and so is the other girl’s. 

 

“Nancy...”

 

“Yeonwoo...”

 

They really need to stop getting smitten over each other.

 

“Uhm...why are you in my room?” Yeonwoo manages to ask.

 

Nancy grew even more surprised, “I was looking for the toilet and Hyebin Unnie told me to use her roommate’s since her toilet was clogged.” 

 

Yeonwoo, who was over the fact of being surprised, just nodded. 

 

“Can I like...come in?” 

 

“Oh! Of course!” Nancy grins and goes outside for Yeonwoo to enter her room. 

 

“So, I’ll leave you here. Sorry for barging into your room like that.” Nancy scratches her head and Yeonwoo smiles at her adoringly. 

 

“It’s no problem.” 

 

And the both smile at each other.

 

 

“Unnie! Why didn’t you tell me your roommate was the goddess that I was looking for?!” Nancy screams at Hyebin when she reached the living room. 

 

“What?” 

 

“THE goddess! THE girl that I was searching for! It’s Yeonwoo unnie! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Nancy exclaims, putting emphasis on ‘the’ every time she says it.

 

“The girl you like is Yeonwoo unnie?” Ahin asks while munching in her pizza. 

 

“I don’t like her!” Nancy hurriedly denies. 

 

“You’re blushing so hard right now, but sure you don’t like her.” Ahin nonchalantly says. 

 

“I really don’t. She’s not my soulmate. I can’t fall in love with her.” 

 

“Well if you won’t date her then I will.” Jane smirks. 

 

“Guys, shut up.” Hyebin, in her drunken state, says. “Look, I didn’t know that it was Yeonwoo that you were talking about. Ahin, stop teasing the kid. She’s growing redder every second. And Jane, seriously, get yourself a girl who you would focus on.” 

 

After their captain ball made her statement, the girls stopped talking. 

 

“I really don’t like her.” 

 

“Then freaking stop blushing!”

 

Second chapter is up!!!! I feel like it’s a bit rushed but well ahahahha

 

And damn the mutual pining and tension between the two. Next chapter would be about them building their relationship (for better or for worse who knows?) 

 

But a fluff chapter to start the story! Here you go!