1) The Cafe

Shared Feelings

Nancy grunts as she felt a stinging pain in her pinky toe. She dropped the water bottle and sat down the floor with a thud. 

 

“How can you be so clumsy?” She asked to no one in particular. 

 

A few minutes later, the pain has subsided. 

 

She stands up again, testing her balance, then picks up her water bottle to proceed training. 

 

She had a volleyball game by tomorrow and her body isn’t even in tune with the other players. 

 

Nancy couldn’t focus however, since her mind was in a far away land. She’s busy thinking of her soulmate. Thinking of how her soulmate manages to trip or kick something about five times a day. 

 

“I swear if I meet you I’m going to keep you from falling.” Nancy smiles to herself, feeling excited about meeting her soulmate. 

 

A ball suddenly flew to her position, a few screams here and there, but it was only noticed by Nancy when the ball hit her square in the face. 

 

“Ouch!” 

 

The other team members moved closer to her and helped her stand up. 

 

“Stop day dreaming McDonie!” The team captain Hyebin tells her as she helps her stand up. 

 

Nancy her nose and huffs. That hurt, a lot. She’s sure her soulmate felt it as well, and that thought makes her feel guilty. 

 

“Sorry for that.” Nancy whispers to herself. 

 

“Get your head back in the game!” Daisy playfully knocks her on the head. 

 

So the maknae of the team stands up, ignoring how painful her face feels, and proceeds to serve the ball to the opposing team. 

 

“Ow!” 

 

Jooe, Taeha and Nayun stares at their friend who suddenly screamed. 

 

“Her again?” Taeha asks. 

 

Yeonwoo nods and rubs her face.

 

“You know, if your soulmate always gets hit on the face, then she probably plays volleyball.” Jooe says as she takes a slice of her cake.

 

“Wow, didn’t know you’re a detective!” Nayun laughs and teases Jooe. 

 

Jooe grins at her and playfully slaps her on the arm. Earning a “Hey!” from Taeha who was holding her arm. 

 

Nayun laughs and reaches across the table to peck a kiss on Taeha’s lips. “Sorry. That idiot forgot that we’re soulmates.” 

 

“I’m not an idiot!” Jooe complains. 

 

Yeonwoo smiles while watching her bickering friends. She then directs her attention to her book, reading something about Fibonacci but really, not a damn thing is going into her mind. She’s been at this for an hour now.

 

Which is really bad, since exams are coming and she’s a scholar and hell to everyone if she fails. 

 

She eventually gives up and looks at the window of the cafe they where at. She thinks of her soulmate, when she would meet her or what does she look like.

 

The only thing Yeonwoo knows about her soulmate is that she’s a ‘she’. What else could explain the monthly cramps in her abdomen even if she herself isn’t undergoing her period?

 

Her thoughts stopped when Jooe repeatedly tapped on her shoulder.

 

“What?”

 

“She’s cute.” Jooe whispers to her while pointing to a girl who just entered the cafe. 

 

The girl was shorter than Yeonwoo, her eyes sharp and her features, wow her features. She looks foreign and Korean at the same time. The girl walks to the counter and flashes a smile to the cashier.

 

And damn, Yeonwoo’s never been star struck. Well, until now that is. The girl looked so cute as she smiled, and Yeonwoo was busy staring.

 

“She’s gonna melt.” Taeha playfull elbows her. 

 

Yeonwoo looks down and tries to calm her beating heart. 

 

 

That wasn’t the last time Yeonwoo saw the girl. Because just her luck, she sees herself sitting across the girl on the same cafe. The cafe was packed and Yeonwoo happened to be alone with an extra chair in front of her, so when the cute girl entered the cafe, she had no choice but to sit in the same table as Yeonwoo’s. 

 

“I’m Nancy.” The girl beamed at her.

 

“Yeonwoo...” Yeonwoo mutters, trying not to stutter. She felt herself blush and damn, she’s absolutely smitten by this Nancy girl. 

 

“I’m a freshman here.” Nancy says. 

 

But Yeonwoo just nods. Not knowing what to say. 

 

“Are you the quiet type?” Nancy moves closer to inspect her face, and Yeonwoo’s heart is doing somersaults.

 

“You’re really pretty. And your cheeks are red. Is that natural?” Nancy asks her, she’s literally less than a foot away from her. 

 

“Y-yeah.” Yeonwoo tries. She really tries, but she still stutters. 

 

“You’re cute.” Nancy grins at her and settles down in her seat, opening her Algebra book. 

 

Yeonwoo takes a minute to calm herself, and when she’s calm, her attention goes back to her laptop. 

 

She was trying her best to ignore the gorgeous girl in front of her, and she’s doing pretty well so far. 

 

Nancy suddenly taps her hand and Yeonwoo tries not to flinch at that subtle skin contact. 

 

“Can you help me with this?” Nancy grins again. 

 

Yeonwoo looks at the page in the book that she’s pointing at. Factoring polynomials. That’s fine, an honor student like Yeonwoo knows that. 

 

So she scoots closer to Nancy and points on the book.

 

“It usually depends on what type of polynomial it is. If it’s quadratic then you can solve it through the formula. Others though require, a trial and error kind of method. As for this one...” 

 

And she starts explaining. It’s amazing how she doesn’t stutter this time. Probably because she’s confident in what she’s saying, and confidence is what you need when talking to your new found crush.

 

After explaining to the girl she looks at her to ask if she understood. She meets eyes with Nancy and the girl looks at her in adoration.

 

“You’re pretty and smart. You’re prefect.” 

 

Yeonwoo’s shyness comes back and she goes back to fix her chair, “So did you understand that?” 

 

“I actually know about it. Just wanted to hear your voice and be closer to you.” And Nancy grins again.

 

Yeonwoo’s eyebrows twitch, she annoyed for a moment but then she bursts out a laugh and Nancy follows too. 

 

“You brainy kid.” Yeonwoo bites her lip as she smiles. 

 

First chapter up!!! This would probably just take a few chapters and sorry if it’s a bit short or rushed. I actually am rushing it. Plan to finish it within my winter break. 

 

So I hoped you liked it! Stan Momoland! Comments are appreciated :D