Chapter 3

Caught in the Middle Because of You

Jessica's POV

I decided I'll call Umma and Fany tomorrow... I'm to tired right now. -Yawns-

Like I told Taengoo, I was going to bed. I brushed and changed into pyjamas but I can't sleep, I'm just tossing and turning on the bed... And I can't help but think about the past, I owe Taengoo a lot...

 

Flashback

 

Me and Taeyeon were inside our room we shared, right beside the closed door, eavesdropping on Appa and Umma's arguement. They argue everyday but some how this one seems more intense and more likely to end our family of four...

"YAH STOP BEING SO OBSESSED WITH MONEY." Umma snapped at Appa not knowing we were still not asleep.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I'M WORKING SO THAT WE CAN LIVE BETTER." Appa fought back.

Taeyeon hugged me.

"Live better huh?" Umma scoffed "Does it seem like we are living in a great big mansion? Does it seem like Taeyeon and Sooyeon can attend better schools?" 

"That's what i'm working towards. You just won't stop nagging everyday about how I never spend time with our family and all I care about is money!" Appa shouted.

"We argue about this every single day. I'm sick of it, if you aren't going to take responsibility for this family and go on being 'busy' everyday with your business that will never earn a good profit, then I might as well leave." Umma said. 

"Oh, so you're wanting a divorce huh?" Appa asked.

Taeyeon and I were in tears now trying so hard not to make a sound.

"Yes, and I'm taking both Taeyeon and Sooyeon with me." Umma told Appa.

"Whatever you do, I don't care anymore. You just cannot take my two princesses." Appa said in a strong voice.

"They're my daughters too and my princesses. You know that they will be able to live better with me, don't be selfish and let them live a better life with me." Umma pleaded.

"No. I will sign the divorce papers and everything, let them two be with me." Appa responded.

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS STUBBORN?!" Umma yelled.

"THAT'S MY QUESTION TO YOU." Appa yelled back.

"You know what, that's it. It's to hard to talk to you now. You've changed." Umma left the living room.

"Fine, we'll let the kids choose..." Appa mumbled to himself.

"Sooyeon-ah, if we ever go to court, you have to say you want to live with Umma." Taeyeon whispered to me. (Sooyeon didn't get the name 'Jessica' until she moved to America)

"Waeyo..." I whispered.

"Just do as I say." Taeyeon commanded, trying to wipe her tears.

"Arasso..." I selfishly agreed, I didn't think the judge at court would listen to our prefrences on who we want to live with...

 

End of flashback

 

The judge did let me live with Umma, and we moved to America. Back then I was still ten back then and Taeyeon was eleven... I honestly didn't get the reason why Taeyeon insisted for me to live with Umma until just a few years ago. I'm so clueless...

Taengoo knew that I would live a better life with Umma because Appa was and still is a huge workaholic. She probably thought there was better education in America too. I can't believe I was that selfish...

Taengoo really didn't get much care from Appa, Appa was always busy being the workaholic he is and he got worse after Umma and I left. Although he didn't have time to care for Taengoo, I know he loves her a lot. This made Taengoo more independent and strong... As for me, I guess you can say I'm more weak and need someone to rely on...

There are many more times when Taengoo let me get what I want. An example would be on Taengoo's sixth birthday, Umma bought a doll for Taeyeon as her birthday present and Appa got her a huge teddy. Taengoo knew I wanted it so she gave both of her presents to me and I selfishly took it... This was a big deal for a six year old, hello? It was a doll and a huge teddy we're talking about! Who wouldn't want it? Taengoo did of course, but sacrificed it to me. She's the best Unnie anyone could possibly wish for. And I? Pft. I was the most worst dongsaeng and spoiled brat ever.

Enough of the past. Even now she's sharing and I'm still taking, she's sharing her apartment with me... I swear I will never take another thing from Taeyeon. Ever.

Without knowing, I fell asleep.

 

Taeyeon's POV

I finished my homework, brushed, changed, and went to bed. I bet Sica can't sleep because I can't either!

I can't stop thinking about how glad I'm that Sica is living with me! I can't even express how excited I am for school tomorrow!

High school is going to be sooooo fun now! I know everyone will love her! She's so pretty too, she can probably be most of the guys crush haha! As long as it's not Hae oppa I'm fine. Just kidding!

I love my dongsaeng more than anything in this world! And seeing her live so happily with Umma and not putting my sacrifice to waste makes me happy! No, I shouldn't think of it as a sacrifice, more like a favor or... I don't know, just as long as she's happy, I'm happy!

 

Donghae's POV

"Hae-ah, put down that book and go to sleep!" The so called 'Angel' demanded.

"Uh huh... In a sec." I said, still absorbed into the book.

"Stop being a nerd will you?!" Hyung yelled.

"Who said I was a nerd?" I asked and put down my book.

"Me. I don't get how you can manage be a nerd but look and dress nothing like one, and still get like half of the girls at school to like you." He compalined.

"I know, huh?" I joked.

"You excited to see Taengoo's dongsaeng tomorrow?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ani. Just a dongsaeng, what's so special?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"If Taeyeon is that pretty then how do you think her sister will look?" He asked.

"You disgust me. I wonder how you ever got the nickname 'Angel' you're more like a devil to me." I left Hyung's room started walking to mine.

"YAH DONGHAE!" I heard him run after me and yell "I'LL WATCH YOU FALL FOR HER SISTER!" 

"Oh geez, I'm so scared." I said sarcastically before closing the door.

"You should be." He teased.

"Good night." I closed my door 

I think Taeyeon's little sister will be pretty like Taeyeon. Not that I like Taeyeon because I can tell Hyung does, and I only treat her as a little sister. Besides, high school isn't the time for dating. I want to focus on my studies, go to a good college, and repay Appa, Umma, and Hyung back for adopting me.

 

Flashback

 

I was still crying because I heard the news of my parents dying in an accident.

I saw a man come and approach me.

"Annyeong Uncle Kim." 10 year old me said and tried to hide my tears. I know him and Auntie Kim really well, they're my parents business partners. They were so close that my parents made me call him uncle.

"Donghae-ah how would you like to be our second son?" Uncle Kim asked "I know it is shocking that your parents died and now you're all left alone, but you always have me, Auntie Kim, and Leeteuk Hyung. Please don't be affraid to take our offer. I know you would rather live with us then an orphanage..."

"Kamsahamnida, Uncle Kim..." I selfishly took the offer. I really didn't like the idea of living in an orphanage...

"Call me Appa from now on okay?" Uncle Kim hugged me.

"N-neh, A-appa..." I stuttered.

 

I really do not like owing anyone. It's like there's a part of me that's still worrying about how to repay... I am really greatful of Appa, Umma, and Hyung. I can't do anything but study and do well in school so that they will be proud...

I don't want to think about the past anymore, my head feels like it's going to expload when I think about my parents... All I can say is tomorrow is a new start, I can do well in schoo, and I guess I'll look forward to meeting Taeyeon's sister tomorrow.

 

Leeteuk's POV

YAH! That Donghae show's no interest in girls even though half of the girls in school is obsessed with him... Yeah there are crowds of girls following me, but you should see Donghae's crowd... I don't even want girls following me, that would ruin the angel image Taeyeon might think of me!

Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon why can't you get out of my mind?! 

Well... Besides Taeyeon I also have Donghae in my mind... I can't help but think that Donghae is keeping a distance from our family and feeling that he doesn't belong here. I can't tell you how much he belongs here. He's the one that makes my parents feel proud and the graceful son! I'm not jealous at all. I know that because he's here, I don't get nagged by my parents.

Donghae does so good in school and is one of the top three students, so he will most likely get a scholarship. I don't get why he works so hard when he knows that our parents are leaving the inheritance and company for us. Does he think he doesn't deserve it? He deserves it more than I do!!!

 

I don't know how I can tell him this... He probably won't listen to me anyway. Ugh... I better sleep...

 


I don't know how the divorce thing works in Korea because my parents were never divorced (THANK GOD) so I guessed... Sorry if the info or whatever is incorrect....Anyway, how do you like this chapter?

I'll do a double update today, because I feel like it! Yay! 

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe!!!