Taeyeon

short stories about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m the heartbreaker, playing with people’s heart is what I do. But this time, the table turns around.

 

I finally feel how bad it is to have my heart-break. Without her, I’m nothing. I can’t believe I just realize that right now, when everything is already too late.

 

Every little things in my humble apartment remind me of her. Whenever I wake up in the morning, my hand would automatically search for hers. It is what I usually did, waking up in her arms, or having her hand intertwined with mine, making me feel safe and protected.

 

Eating alone on my dining table is what I do every day, so I should get used to it. When we’re still together, we only ate for a few times anyway, because of her busy schedules, so I thought that I can have my meal peacefully, but I was wrong. The time when we had our dinner and breakfast together is so precious that I’m accompanied by our memories whenever I need to have my meal. That’s why, I choose to eat outside nowadays.

 

The photos of us, are the things that I treasure the most. They still hanging around in our room, I mean my room now. I don’t have the courage to throw them away, although it is the right way to do after break-ups so I can move on. But, I don’t want to. You are too precious to me that I want to always remember you.

 

I can see you every day. You are in every corner of the street, you show up every time when I take the subway, your face is in all of the covers of magazines, your voice is heard in every radio station and you are so famous that everyone is talking about you.

 

You are everywhere, but I can't reach you. That's what really sad. How can I recognize this feeling by now? Why do I keep denying it when I'm still with you?

 

Everytime that you smiled at me, I felt this warm sensation that I thought that was just a pleasant feeling of having a beautiful woman smiling at you. Whenever she held my hand, I always intertwined it immediately so that she wouldn't let go easily. I was confused on why my body reacted that way, but quickly brushed it off as the reason for wanting to felt warmth in the cold weather.

 

She loved me, really in love with me. I can feel it, but I still broke her heart. I still left her.

 

“Let's break up.”

 

“W-what? I heard it wrong, right?”

 

I looked up and saw the pain in her eyes. I hurt her and it felt so bad that tears were falling but I didn't realize it that time.

 

“Take care, Taeyeon. I...I need to go.”

 

I walked away so fast that I could call it running, running away from her. But she was unexpectedly faster than me that she took me into her arms and held me tightly.

 

“Is it because of my busy schedule? That we don't spend enough time together lately? I'm so sorry about that, love. I promise to make it up to you.”

 

I tried to break free but she was stronger, she kept talking, not giving up.

 

“Or is it because of keeping our relationship in secret? I will tell the members now, my family, my friends. I will tell the world that you're mine, my love one—”

 

I stop her by crashing my lips on hers. Our last kiss that is accompanied by our tears. What an irony. I couldn't believe she just said that, I didn't deserve it. If our relationship was known to public, it would affect her career and I didn't want that.

 

I was just a nobody, I didn't deserve her love. I couldn't let her waste her time on me. Unlike her, I didn't have anything. I had no dreams, no future, no heart, no..feelings. My life was so empty that I even played with people's heart. I was a sinner, I couldn't have her to get involved with me any further.

 

“I'm sorry, Taeyeon. Goodbye.”

 

===

 

“Wow, I can't believe it, you're definitely a pro.”

 

I don't hear anything as my hands are spread around the cup of coffee, trying to feel the warmth.

 

“If you told anyone that you broke The Kim Taeyeon’s heart, they wouldn't believe it. But those mellow songs from her proof it all.”

 

Taeyeon? I look up when I hear her name only to send a deadly glare to the woman in front of me. Why do I need to meet her by accident this evening? What a disaster.

 

I put some bills on top of the table as I speak harshly, “Don't ever contact me again. I don't want to see your face anymore.”

 

I walk away only to halt my steps when she says, “Didn't you say that breaking people's heart is fun? Oh, you finally get your karma now, huh?”

 

She looks at me as if I'm a trash. “I guess there are no more exciting stories from you. I can't believe how many people's heart that poorly get broken because of you. What a heartless human you are, if you even consider yourself as one.”

 

I hold her wrist tightly and lean closer to whisper on her face, “You are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter