Baekhyun

short stories about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm a bad girl, that's what everyone calls me. Well, I can't deny that though, there's always trouble everywhere I go. Troublemaker, they said. 

 

But what they don't know is there's always a freaking reason of why I'm acting like this. Just like that girl who keeps on picking on me. Bae Suzy.

 

Everyone calls her an angel, a beauty without any dirt, never cause trouble and so perfect that no one ever sees her making any mistakes. Good grades, pretty face and most importantly, the headmaster's daughter. That's why, although there must be plenty of people who don't like her nor get envious of her, they can't do anything.

 

But, I can. I don't give a damn about anything, I know she's fake, I saw it myself. 

 

She's a bully, she played with the weak ones who are too afraid to say a thing about the truth. Those friends of her, are always there to cover her, sometimes they would even take the blame if the situation is out of control, so no one would know it's Suzy who's at fault. 

 

Lately, I think she's getting bored because she starts to switch her target. I know a couple friends of mine who are so pissed off of her but still try to suppress their anger, all because of fear. Then one day, she follows me around, tries to annoy me. She did that for a whole week. But to her dismay, I don't even care. She's like a nobody to me anyway.

 

Until that day, Bae Suzy mentions that name. "Byun Baekhyun." I stop and remain immobile as she steps closer to me, her eyes scanning my poker face with that satisfied smirk on her face. "You like him, don't you?"

 

I bite my lip so hard to prevent any expression to come across my face. Although I'm surprised, I still try to remain as calm as possible. I know she will mock me, she will piss me off until I explode.

 

"What can we do here, though? The ultimate perfect and talented boy who's so kind and nice with everyone. The prince of our school, how would he like a freaking ?" Suzy laughs as she seems to enjoy this so much. "The prince should be together with the princess, don't you think? Which of course, is me. Not you, a female bastard."

 

There are so many unpleasant things running around in my mind, but seeing the people nearby, I don't really want to start a commotion right now. Lucky her, I'm not in the mood. So, I turn my back on her and walk away. Only to be stopped again, this time with something that makes me clench my fists that I can feel blood oozing out.

 

"How does it feel like to be abandoned? Poor you, to never see your father since the day you born."

 

Breathing in and out, I gather my strength to take another step forward, away from this situation. But that stupid freak can't even stop .

 

"Your mother always tries so hard to replace him, huh? You must be having a blast life to have thousands of stepfathers in the eighteen years of living."

 

"Shut up." I give her the warning, but of course, she won't listen.

 

"Oh look at that glare! Honey, I'm concern about you. I hear that your mom wants to get married again, huh?"

 

"I said shut the up!" 

 

"What if this time, you're abandoned by her too? What a poor little thing. If that happens, no one would even care about you. No one."

 

That's it. I'm losing it. I launch forward with fire in my eyes, I can feel my blood boil as my body feels so hot. Before I can even touch her, two of her friends already hold both sides of my arms, protecting her from me. the monster.

 

I swear I see that smirk on her face before she turns to be afraid of me upon seeing students start to gather around us. Bae Suzy, she's shaking as she holds onto her friend while me, is screaming out loud as the anger is so strong.

 

"Why is she targeting our angel?"

 

"Oh, how I hope my bae is alright."

 

"Is she crazy? She wouldn't have the gut to touch her!"

 

I grit my teeth as I use all of my power to release myself from the firm hold on my arms. Once I'm free, I immediately raise my hand up in order to slap her. When my hand land on that face, aside from the loud sound, some gasps also could be heard, including my own.

 

All because of realizing that I didn't slap Bae Suzy. In fact, it's not her who is standing tall in front of me right now with a red mark on the face. It's him. Baekhyun. 

 

He is staring straight at me, right into my eyes. It is so intense and strong that he successfully makes me tremble inside. That’s the first time he looks at me in the eye, usually he would avoid my gaze nor my presence, so this is new to me. I should be happy, but in this situation, it’s heartbreaking instead. Especially what happened afterward, it’s killing me.

 

“Oppa, are you alright?” The soft tone in her voice makes me want to puke as I notice her fingers grazing his cheek. He’s still looking at me, as if blaming me or whatever, I can’t recognize the meaning of his gaze. But the fact that he doesn’t even bother to brush her off multiple the pain that I’m feeling right now. So I do what I’m best at, walking away.

 

There’s someone else who would take care of him anyway, not the one who just hit him, who hurted him.

 

I sigh in relief when I finally feel the sunlight on my skin. Raising my head to look at the sky is what I do to prevent the tears to fall. I choose to be this way anyway, and this is one of the consequences I have to accept. I’m the bad one that he should avoid.

 

I need to know that I don’t deserve him. Never would.

 

.

 

It’s finally Sunday. Sundays are the day for me to go to my favorite place on earth. The beach. The calming waves would always accompany me. No matter how many people around me in the crowded space, that doesn’t matter to me as the sound of nature is the only thing that I notice.

 

Wait一 I think I need to take back my words. That’s not the only thing I notice today, as I see the volunteers picking up the trash near me, and there’s him, doing his work while occasionally chatting with his friends.

 

I don’t know what came into me but I find myself leaning down to grab a plastic bottle to throw it in their bag. As much as I want to reach him, I keep my distance away from him and eventually, there are some volunteers who come and talk to me that keep me busy. I find it heartwarming that Baekhyun takes his time to do this and I don’t regret that I’m helping them as well.

 

He makes me do things that I never did. Somehow, he makes me nicer.

 

I then chuckle at my own thought. The bad girl suddenly becomes nice? What a joke.

 

.

 

As the work comes to an end, I can’t seem to see him anywhere. So, I go home to take my shower but I eventually can’t take the silence inside my house at the moment, which make me go out. To the beach. Again.

 

I’m glad that it’s still in the late afternoon when the sun seems to hide between the clouds so it’s not too hot and most importantly, it’s not dark. I know it’s embarrassing for a girl like me to say it but I’m afraid of the dark. I’m afraid of thunder, of cockroaches, of bees, just like everybody else. But I think no one would believe me if I said it out loud, I’ve always tried to hide it anyway if there are other people around me. So I can look tough, strong.

 

Feeling the soft sand underneath my feet is so good for me. I like it. But then, when I turn my head to see the shirtless figure lying down on my left side, I like it more. Especially, after I recognize who he actually is.

 

Blinking my eyes for several times, I actually find it surprising to spot him here. I thought he went home already. Then as if my feet have their own mind, I find myself being three steps away from him. Seeing the way his chest rise and fall in a calm rhythm, I can assume he's asleep by now. 

 

Taking my seat at the corner of the sheet that he set over the sand, I let my eyes wander on him, taking all of the little things about him. It's the first time I can gaze at him this close. The soft wind that touches his blonde hair makes me won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter