Sehun (part i)

short stories about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really don't understand, and I'm not sure if I ever would understand.

 

One day you act like you want me, but then the next day comes and our relationship returns back to square one. It's like those things that happened the day before didn't affect you. It's like we're stuck in this thing calls friendship. Although I admit it, half of those things might be my fault.

 

If someone asks me to describe you, the first word that would come into my mind is mysterious. Your emotionless expression always drives me crazy because I never would succeed in knowing what's going on inside your head. No matter how hard I try, I'd never figure it out, especially when it's just the two of us. I don't know why, but I just feel like you're like a whole different person. Is it because you're nervous? Or am I making you uncomfortable?

 

You always laugh and smile at everybody else, you could even joke around in front of everyone and I observe that you always talk in ease around our circle of friends. So what could be the reason for you to act like a stoic person only with me?

 

Sighing in desperation, I stare at your last message with lots of questions dancing around in my mind. You just replied to my question with a three-letter word, 'Yes'. Short and cold for me. I don't care what others would think about that but in my point of view, your message means that you don't want to talk to me right now. So with a heavy heart, I just drown myself with mellow songs with you never leaving my mind, and last night event slipping through my thoughts.

 

"Why are you walking behind me?" I frowned while turning my head around to look at him. We're strolling around the campus after finishing our late night meal, accompanied by the chilly night air. 

 

"Why? Does it bother you?" 

 

"Of course! I'm usually the one who'd walk behind someone, not the other way around." I let out an honest answer as I slowed down my pace for him to keep up with me. But he seemed to ignore my intention as he's still following me.

 

"I just want to look at you from behind. Can't I do that?"

 

I didn't even know that I can turn my head this fast as I turned back to the front and uttered without thinking, "You can't! That would make me nervous." The next few seconds after realizing what I just said, I could only continue walking like nothing happened. Although I believe my face was blushing as hell. He didn't even speak up anything, which deep down I was really thankful for that.

 

How could I say something so embarrassing? I couldn't even look at him for a short while.

 

“Have you ever thought of cutting your hair short?" 

 

"Huh?" I felt him tracing his fingers on my hair and not knowing what to do, I just hovered my hands over my hair that's aligned with my shoulders. "Cut it till here?"

 

I really didn't know what happened to him, who usually would keep his distance from me and would never touch girls for no reason to casually placed his finger over mine. And even though it just lasted for a few seconds, because the dumb me was so shocked that I moved away from him, I could still feel the abnormal beating of my heart.

 

What the hell is happening to me? We're just friends, that's what I always told myself about, to prevent me from getting hurt if tomorrow he changed into a stranger to me, again. And I've to admit, I usually would just felt warmth nor happy, but not this certain sparks that touched my heart.

 

"Tell me a story about you." We're finally walking side by side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter