Tiffany

short stories about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit down at the back of her car anxiously, as I look out the window occasionally, hoping to seek her presence soon enough. All of a sudden, there’s a soft knock on the car window which I open it immediately after spotting the person standing beside the car.

 

“Where’s Tiffany?”

 

The caring and loving boyfriend of hers is looking at me with concern in his eyes. I should be happy that my best friend finally finds someone who would do anything for her, but seeing him make me feel gloomy than ever.  

 

"She's still meeting the professor, asking for her score." When I see him about to leave, probably to find Tiffany, I quickly hold my hand out to stop him by grabbing his arm.

 

"She said she wants to go alone." Just that short statement from me get him to step back, I know everything Tiffany said, he would always oblige and understand her. A really nice guy, right? But I still can't escape from this bad feeling.

 

"Tiffany!" He runs to her side immediately, I can see him talking to her but the look on my best friend's face is all I'm focusing on. Releasing my breath that I kept in, I can't help but feel the need to comfort her. Sadly, I can't, because he's taking my role by showing up here. So, I just stay inside her car, not moving an inch.

 

After such a long time, or so I thought, she finally opens the door of the driver side as she immediately places her bag on the passenger side. I raise my eyebrow because of her action, it means she doesn't want anyone to sit there, including her boyfriend.

 

Although I need to share the space with him, but I don't care. At least I don't need to see them being in a close proximity. Before he gets in, before he steals her attention away from me, she glances at me for a split-second and that's all I need to know that she's not okay. It's a really bad news.

 

When I'm about to open my mouth to say something, as always he'd interrupt. "Tiff, let me drive, you're not in a good condition to一"

 

She cuts him off by steps on the gas pedal, going out from our university. I know she's going to drive to anywhere she wants, run away from the hectic final terms that are stressing us out.

 

I also know when she's not in her good mood, it's best to give her some space, but this guy beside me seems to don't really understand this whole situation. I know, he's trying to comfort her, to show that he cares about her a lot, but I honestly don't think she needs it right now. When I'm about to make him stop, he suddenly goes silent which makes me frown. Did he finally learn his lesson?

 

But then I realize what makes him stop by himself. I see her shoulders shaking, as muffled breath and quiet sobs are entering my senses. Tiffany is crying, silently. A pair of hands rubs her shoulder gently right when I'm about to hold out mine, only to retreat it back. All I can only do is just trying to search for her eyes from the rear-view mirror, only to find nothing. I bite my lip as I feel so suffocating to see her crying and let the other person comfort her. But that's the right thing to do, he's her boyfriend after all.

 

Suddenly, she parks her car near the bus stop and buries her head on the steering wheel. Then, a weak voice roams around the closed space. "Please leave. I'm sorry."

 

"But it's dark already, Tiff一"

 

"Please. I'm begging you."

 

The man beside me sighs as he opens the door. When I'm about to do the same, her eyes finally bore into mine that I immediately understand the meaning she wants to convey. 

 

Stay.

 

.

 

After riding past the familiar route, Tiffany finally pulls up the brake. Her luxury car is facing the beach, hence we can hear the calm waves now and then. But ironically, she's not enjoying the ocean as usual.

 

Tiffany turns her body to look at me with tears glistening her eyes. Seeing her like this worries me so much as I open up my arms that would always welcome her. "Come here." I say softly, as soft as the pink marshmallow that she adores.

 

When she gets into the back seat, her arms immediately wrap around my waist as I embrace her in my arms. This time, she cries as loud as she can with my hand caresses her head gently. "Let it all out, Fany-ah. I'm here." In the midst of the pain that I feel when I see her like this, I kiss her head softly in hoping that action would calm her down a little. 

 

I don't know how long we've been in this position but she eventually releases her hold on me only to move us to the right, with my arms leaning on her car door as she climbs up on my lap, burying her face against my chest in order to hide it from me. But of course I wouldn't let her beautiful face out from my sight. So I rest my hand on her cheeks as I voice out my thought delicately,

 

"You do know that you st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter