Chapter 2

Stained Wings

Minhyuk breathed in deeply, the Secretary had told him that the High Instructor was not busy and that he could go in. After calming himself down, he raised his arm and proceeded to knock once firmly against the ornately decorated wooden door.

"Come in," a deep voice said.

Minhyuk walked in, back straight and a blank face. He bowed as soon as he was opposite the man behind a large desk.

"What is it?" the man demanded.

"High Instructor, I formally request that the prisoner be under my care for rehabilitation."

Cold eyes pierced him, "Like father like son, weak for hurt things," the High Instructor said mockingly. Ever since Minhyuk had managed to arrive at the Academy, the High Instructor had set him up for failure. Historically, the Lee family had always been respected hunters up till Minhyuk's father, who had done something that had brought a black mark against the entire family name.

"Do what it is you will, just remember that whatever happens is on your head and not mine."

Minhyuk nodded once firmly to indicate that he had heard the High Instructor and left the room.

He hadn't gone in expecting the High Instructor to give any form of approval let alone offer to help, all in all Minhyuk was feeling good about the meeting. He reaffirmed his resolve and walked towards the staircase leading to the cells.

He gave the customary bow when he saw the prison guard, " I am here for the new prisoner." The prison guard gave him a once over and seemingly from nowhere took out a piece of parchment, and looked at Minhyuk again. "They are releasing the prisoner into your care?" the man said doubtfully. "Strange but I ask no questions. The she-angel is in the last cell, you can retrieve her from there."

When he arrived at the cell, the angel was lying on the ground. Her hands cuffed in chains and her wounds still clearly uncared for. Minhyuk lifted a hand to the gate and placed it on the handle. The gate glowed before opening, he walked in carefully, making sure to not disturb the angel. He held the chains and they detached from the wall to simply be cuffs on the angels hands. He knelt down and gently placed his arms underneath the unconscious being. Softly, he walked out the enclosed space towards his own sanctuary.