Chapter 10

Stained Wings

As soon as Calissa opened her eyes, she knew that she had made a decision. She was going to bring Minhyuk back.

With that resolve, Calissa began packing the weapons that Minhyuk had especially made for her and she put on clothes that were easier to move in.

She walked softly hoping to not alert anyone to her actions, however, the elderly woman who spoke to her the night before was by the front door.

Where do you think you are going? the woman asked sternly.

Im bringing him back, Calissa said with a newfound certainty.

What makes you think that you can bring him home?

Calissa lifted her chin ever so slightly, Minhyuk trained me and I know how the Angels work. I can bring him home.

The elderly woman looked as if she was about to say something but she stared at Calissa and seemed to see the determination she had to do as she said. So, the elderly woman nodded and let Calissa pass by her and leave the sanctuary.

It was the first time in about 2 years that Calissa had left the sanctuary since her kidnapping. Her senses immediately went into overload and she could feel the probing of all the Angels that she knew. They were desperately trying to find her, she was surprised that they hadnt given up. Calissa quickly cloaked her senses and her presence to ensure that nobody could find her. She raised her wings and found that she had missed the stretch of them, the freedom of flying.

Calissa swiftly made her way to the place where she felt that they would keep Minhyuk. Luckily, her guess was right and she almost immediately could sense his presence in one of the bubble isolation cells.  She hurried over to get him out and just as she reached the bubble, two pairs of hands grabbed her.

As she looked back to see who was keeping her captive, she stopped struggling. Castor Archer…” she said softly. Her brothers were here, her brothers who had always looked after her were here.

Calissa was then taken away to the Hall. She pulled free from her brothers grasp and ran towards her mother as soon as she saw her. As the two reunited, streams of tears fell from both their eyes and mumbled apologies and words of love feel from their lips.

She was home. She had forgotten all about her life. She was back where she belonged.