Chapter 3

Stained Wings

Who is this, Master Minhyuk? asked the Head Matron as Minhyuk arrived home.

Minhyuk turned towards her and replied, The she-angel is in my care for rehabilitation. Are there any rooms available that I can place her in?

The Head Matron looked shocked, Uh yes Master Minhyuk. Of course. The Daffodil Room should be cleaned up and perhaps comfortable for the she-angel…” she trailed off fearing that she had overstepped her boundaries.

Once again, the Head Matron was reminded that Master Minhyuk was unlike the others by his reply, Thank you for being so thoughtful. A light and airy room will be more like home for the she-angel, I think.

Without another word, Minhyuk carried the she-angel away to the room.

He left the angel on the bed while he gently tended her wounds to the best of his abilities and left her to rest.

An unusual light shone on her face, making her eyes move frantically in confusion without opening. As she opened her eyes, she tried to make the blur become focussed. After a few more blinks, the sight of an unfamiliar room came into attention.

It was a beautiful white room with little designs and ornaments with daffodils in different colours. A gentle smile fell on her lips as she took in her surroundings. However, as she grew aware of herself, she noticed the cuffs on her wrists. Suddenly, a flash of a memory of someone in black coming at her came back to her.

Startled, she hadnt noticed the door to the room opening until a shadow fell onto her. She looked up and saw a blank face staring at her. She tried to move away but found that her legs didnt want to move.

I apologize, I didnt mean to scare you. I just want to take the cuffs off, the unknown male said to her. He lifted his hands to show that he meant no harm. Very slowly, the male stretched on hand out and touched the cuffs, making them release her.

You should rest some more. With that the male turned around and left the room.

She started to feel outwards for any sign of Family or other angels but found a resistance to her probing. Despite her usual safety blanket being removed, she felt safe and warm. Too quickly, she fell asleep again, dreaming of home and wild fields of flowers.

Author's Note: I'm so so sorry that it has taken me so long to update, I will definitely be trying harder to update regularly. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!