Chapter 4

Stained Wings

Minhyuk walking towards the dining room, it was almost time for dinner and as always he was expected to be on time.

Why did you bring a she-angel into our sanctuary? an old but strong voice demanded sternly.

Minhyuk bowed his head at the voice before answering, Shes under my care for rehabilitation.

Why were you chosen?

I offered. If I can change her ways and make her a Hunter then she would be a –“ Minhyuk was cut off.

No! Tomorrow you will take her back to the Academy and have someone else rehabilitate her!

Minhyuk frowned in confusion, he didnt understand why his grandfather was so angry. This was his chance to bring glory back to the Lee Family name.

This wont happen under my roof while I still have breath in me! Minhyuks grandfather continued angrily.

Before the conversation could continue, the door opened to reveal a well-dressed older woman.

Grandmother, Minhyuk said with a miniscule adoring smile.

My grandson! she replied simply delighted. Whats all this fuss about?

He has brought a she-angel back to our sanctuary for rehabilitation. I was simply explaining that he has to take her back and take back his offer.

Take back his offer? As in go back on his word as a member of the Lee Family? Minhyuks grandmother asked to clarify the situation.

Minhyks grandfather frowned slight, That is not what I meant.

That is the message that I and everyone else is receiving. As well as this being an inappropriate setting to be speaking of such, its dinner time. With that she had the final word and she sat down in her customary seat.

Hastily Minhyuks grandfather followed with Minhyuk copying his actions and waiting for the food to be served.

It was a quiet affair as per usual, some small talk about the Hunters activities and some gossip about the prestigious families.

Minhyuk, my grandson, wont you excuse us for a moment and then I will have one of the servants call you. I just need to have a quick work with your grandfather.

Minhyuk nodded and left the dining room to go to the garden. He strolled through a path that had flowers planted on either side. It was a beautiful walk and it always seemed to calm him down.

A little while later, a servant came to collect him and take him to the sitting room. Minhyuks grandfather gave Minhyuk a look before leaving the room in a huff.

There was a silence in the room as Minhyuk waited for his grandmother to say something.

His grandmother took a breath and began, As you offered, we cannot now retract your proposal. You will receive no more disagreement from your grandfather. However, you must remember to always uphold our traditions and our values. Dont be swayed the road that you have painstakingly paved.

Minhyuk nodded and replied, I will not bring shame on our family.

Do well to keep your word.

With that Minhyuk was left alone with his thoughts.