Chapter 15

Stained Wings

Minhyuk hurriedly sent Calissa on her way with words of how to make a shelter that was unplottable to most and his parents were making their way back to a place that they had secured. Everything would be fine. As he walked along the Academy grounds, an angel appeared to be waiting for him.

You have to leave before the other Hunters see you! he urged the angel.

The angel did not respond but rather stared at him as if not understanding him.

Before Minhyuk could repeat himself, the angel spoke.

Your birth was a disturbance to the balance and so your life was a deal that was struck. You may continue to suffer for long or a short while. Choose wisely for you have a debt to pay.

Minhyuk had a moment of sudden realisation. How had the Angel managed to get onto the grounds? Where were the usual Hunters? Without another word Minhyuk left the angel who had given him the message and raced towards the Library.

The secretary called after him as he made a dash into the office, You cant just barge into there!

Did you send the Hunters out? Minhyuk asked a little breathlessly from his mad run.

So, what if I did? I am the High Instructor, it is well within my power to do these things, the High Instructor replied.

Minhyuk was uncertain how to respond. Should he demand that the High Instructor take back his instruction? Should he bargain with the High Instructor? But what did he have to offer?

Weve already sent the Hunters out for your little she-angel and the Angels are looking for your parents. Sooner or later someone will die, the High Instructor continued as Minhyuk had yet to say anything.

Please High Instructor, you can stop this. Dont do this please! She didnt do anything wrong. Shes not on the List! Minhyuk pleaded. He couldnt think of what to do other than to hope that the High Instructor would have enough mercy to help him. He had never said so much and loaded with so much emotion. He couldnt lose her but he didnt want to lose his parents either.

You better choose soon. You never know maybe you can save all of them, the High Instructor said taunting him.

In his head, he began calculating which side would need him more. Calissa had received training from him and he was considered one of the best. She should be able to handle herself and she was well-hidden. On the other hand, his parents had been Hunters and had been banished for so long, hiding under the radar that they could evade the Angels. Which side would benefit from his presence more? Which side would be found first? He said a silent prayer that he had chosen correctly.