Chapter 11

Stained Wings

Minhyuk of the Lee family, a voice mockingly said.

Minhyuk stared at the unknown he-angel with blank eyes. He would give away nothing. He would say nothing. He was strong.

Many of us have wanted to meet you actually, pity the Hunters hid you well, the he-angel said rather curious.

Minhyuk frowned internally, why would the Angels want to meet him. Although Minhyuk was one of the best Hunters, there was nothing truly remarkable to him.

I see that you have no idea what I speak of and what interest you may be to us, the he-angel continued. Nothing to say. Perhaps I should enlighten you, Minhyuk, it would be most appropriate for me to tell you I suppose, other than the rest of the Lee family that is.

The he-angel began circling around Minhyuk as if studying a new species.

You have heard of the Pact, I assume, the he-angel began, And the Banishment? I wonder, Angels rarely speak of it especially to the younger generations who werent there when it all happened. Im going to assume that the Hunters are the same as us. Ashamed of what happened. Ashamed that it came from some of our best. Ashamed that they were a part of our families. Here the angel paused and smiled at Minhyuk cruelly.

Lee Minhyk sole heir to the Lee family. Do you know who your parents were? The question was ominous and the answer would prove to be equally as sinister to Minhyuk.

A silence filled the air as Minhyuk thought about all his younger years where he looked for a protector in a father, that was never there, and searched for comfort in a mother, that was never spoken of. Who were his parents? What had his father done that had brought dishonour to their family? Why did no one ever tell him about his mother?

The angel stood proudly with his wings behind him as he stared at the prisoner, who was clearly thinking over his words. If Minhyuk had looked up at that moment, he wouldve seen a look of sadness pass swiftly over the angels face, which would be quickly replaced by a look of anger and disgust.

Your fathers name is Lee Dong Wook of the Lee family. In his prime years, he not only rode on the family name but also made a name for himself as one of the greatest Hunters ever seen. He was good at capturing Angels and he had developed many a technique of entrapment which I am sure that you have been taught. His future was bright and there were whispers that he would be the next High Instructor of the Academy.

The story goes that one day, he went out for a walk towards the perimeters and found an injured angel. An angel that wasnt on the List. Faced with the option of leaving the angel to die or taking the angel home. He chose the latter. It is said that he claimed that there was no better way to capture an angel then by using an angel. Before the Pact, Hunters wanted to rule Angels and vice versa. Therefore, if Lee Dong Wook could successfully create a killing machine against the Angels then the Hunters would have the upper hand.

He managed to brainwash and train the Angel into a Hunter-Angel but he couldnt keep his distance. He fell in love with the angel. Soon a forbidden love blossomed, here the angel stopped his mocking and stalked towards the isolation bubble. The he-angel was so close that Minhyuk could see his wings: large, imposing and a pure white.

  Your mothers name is Pandora of the Silverstein clan.

Minhyuk eyes widened as his eyes met the angels. It couldnt possibly be true. This would mean that he was half-angel, but that couldnt be possible. It was taboo. No Angel and Hunter had ever fallen in love. His eyes widened a second time. Silverstein. One of the most powerful and strongest clans amongst the Angels.

She was beautiful. She was so strong but not in your brute force way. She was one who loved deeply and her clan had decided to not train her to trail behind Hunters. It was a mistake, of course, because she her own kind after a couple of months, the he-angel sounded bitter.

The angels eyes then sharpened before he smirked, You should have respect for me Minhyuk.

Minhyuk was about to retort that he was being held prisoner but the he-angel said, Pandora was my sister, which would make me your uncle, not that I want you as my nephew. With those harsh words, the he-angel left Minhyuk to his own thoughts.

The implications became clear: his father initially wanted to be one of the Hunters who would lead the fight for dominance against the Angels; but he fell in love with the one who was meant to bring him power.  Their love was forbidden but then they had a child, him. Once they were found out there was no way either side would let them be together or keep the child.

He was born a traitor. He was a reminder to both sides of his family of the disgrace they had been put through.

 

Just a quick note: the prologue is the story of Minhyuks parents.