Let Him Go!

My Inmate Tried to Me
"Yah, follow me." A policeman opened the doors as he looked at Sungjong, clearly annoyed that he had to babysit convicts for the day.

Sungjong looked up from the pitiful position he was in. He had been sitting on the ground hugging his knees for several hours trying not to cry anymore. He stood up and walked towards the policeman.

"Where are we going?" Sungjong asked as he followed after the policeman.

"You get one phone call." The policeman yawned. "So make it quick."

Sungjong was led to a room and approached the telephone. 'Who should I call?'

Sungjong thought for a bit, debating on whether he should call his manager or one of the members of Infinite.

"It's safer to call the managers..." Sungjong decided before dialing Jungryul's number. He waited as he listened to the ringing noises. "Pick up..."

"Hello?" a voice answered after the fourth ring.

"Hyung?" Sungjong called out.

"Who is this?"

"Hyung! You need to come get me! I'm in the poli—"

"What? I can't hear you. Ah ... My phone's on low batt—" The line went dead before Jungryul could say anything else.

Sungjong removed the phone from his ear and stared at it in disbelief. Maybe it would have been safer to call one of s just this once.

"Are you done? Time to go back." The policeman pulled Sungjong out of the room and led him back.

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

Infinite along with their managers drove down to the police station after having a talk with the CEO.

"What did he say?" Sunggyu asked Hyoan.

"The CEO said he would take care of it but told us to go check on Sungjong first." Hyoan said as he glanced back at the boys in the back of the van. Myungsoo was staring out of the window while Sungyeol was slightly dancing in place to the girl group songs that were playing in his head. Hoya was singing Be Mine, Dongwoo was asleep, and Woohyun was playing with his phone. It seemed like the only one caring about the situation right now was Sunggyu, like the good leader he is.

"Okay." Sunggyu nodded before sitting back. He was about to put in his earphones and listen to music while waiting to arrive at their destination when he heard a song play. "Jungryul-hyung, I think your phone is ringing."

"It is?" Jungryul didn't seem to notice since he was worrying too much over the whereabouts of Sungjong. He took his phone out and answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello? ...Who is this?"

Sunggyu glanced out the window and saw some man peeing in a bush. He scrunched up his face. "What the... doesn't he know what a bathroom is?"

"What? I can't hear you. Ah ... My phone's on low battery..." Jungryul removed the phone from his ear as his phone turned off. "Damn. Oh well, hopefully that call wasn't too important."

"Who was it?" Geonam asked. Jungryul only shrugged in response.

Once the group arrived they all rushed out of the car and ran into the police station, shoving each other aside so that they could enter the station.

"Move! I want to see Sungjong first!" Sungyeol shouted as he shoved Dongwoo aside.

"No I do! I want to see him in a black and white striped outfit!" Dongwoo shouted back as they tumbled into the building.

The person sitting at the front desk gave them a weird look before looking back at her computer screen.

"Calm down guys, we don't want to cause a scene at a police station." Geonam rolled his eyes at the boys' childish behavior.

"Now get in a single file line and follow me without shouting or touching anything." Jungryul ordered the boys as he started to lead them towards a room a little deeper inside the building.

"Okay!" They all shouted in unison, which earned them a glare from the manager. "Sorry!"

"Stop talking..." Jungryul sighed before approaching a desk. "Hello."

"Hi." The policeman sitting at the desk greeted. "Do you need help with something?"

"Yes, I think there has been a misunderstanding. Let me expl—" Jungryul was shoved aside by the boys as they started shouting in the policeman's face.

"WHY DID YOU GUYS TAKE JONGIE AWAY?!"

"He didn't do anything!"

"GIVE HIM BACK!"

"SHUT UP." The policeman gave them all a hard look before turning to their manager. "As you were saying?"

"Well, several policemen came by earlier and took away a boy named Lee Sungjong. We think there has been some mistake. He hasn't done anything wrong." Jungryul explained.

"There has been no mistake." The policeman said.

"What? How?" Hyoan looked confused.

"Can you at least tell us what he did?" Geonam asked.

"Mr. Lee has been arrested for stealing $20,000 in cash from the bank." the policeman said.

"Listen Mr..." Sunggyu looked to the policeman's name plate. "Listen Mr. Choi, Sungjong wouldn't do such a thing. Why would he steal that mich money from a bank? I think you have the wrong person."

"There has been no mistake." Mr. Choi said once again. "We have proof of it too if you would like to see."

The group looked at each other in confusion before agreeing to see the video.

"Hold on as I go get the video then." Mr. Choi then headed to the back to get the video.

"What the hell? Why would he steal $20,000?" Woohyun asked.

"He didn't." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

"I don't even think he'd be capable of doing that." Sunggyu added.

After discussing the subject for a bit, Mr. Choi came back with a tape in hand. He inserted it into a VCR and then pressed play. An image of the inside of the local bank came up.

"Here is the video of the crime scene." Mr. Choi said.

The boys and the managers watched the video intently as a person suddenly entered with nothing but a metal baseball bat. The person ordered the employees to hand over the money. After getting the money successfully and doing unnecessary gestures to the camera, he took off.

"As you can see, the victim is indeed who we took in." Mr. Choi said. "There is no doubt about it."

Infinite and their managers gaped at the blank TV screen.

"That does look like Sungjong." Sungyeol pointed out.

"Exactly like him." Howon nodded.

"Sorry Sungjong, you're screwed. Have fun sitting in jail." Woohyun shook his head in disappointment and was elbowed in the stomach by Sunggyu.

"There must be some mistake." Sunggyu turned to Mr. Choi. "It must be someone else that just looks like him. He couldn't have stolen all that money."

"There is no mistake. Unless you can prove us wrong, which is highly unlikely since we have a video of him stealing the money. He even went to the security camera and stuck his tongue out at it." Mr. Choi said.

"You'll let him go if we can prove that he's innocent though right?" Howon asked.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Dongwoo asked the younger rapper.

"I don't know. We'll figure out a way." Howon answered before turning back to the police officer. "As long as we show you that the person in the video wasn't him, he's free to go right?"

"That's correct." Mr. Choi nodded.

"Let's focus on doing that then." Howon suggested to the group. "We can't do anything else right now."

"I guess that's fine." Hyoan nodded in agreement. "What do you suggest we do though? It's not like we can go out and find a person that looks exactly like Sungjong that did this."

"We could try." Sungyeol said before they all (excluding Dongwoo) filed out of the building, contemplating their next move.

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

"PLEASE!!"

"No!"

"PLEASE!! JUST LET HIM GO!!"

"I said no! Now get off of my leg!" Mr. Choi tried shaking Dongwoo off of his leg. After much struggle, Dongwoo was finally detached from the man's leg. Dongwoo then huffed and left the police station to go outside.

"Begging didn't work." He complained to his managers and bandmates.

"How are we supposed to get him out then?" Myungsoo asked.

"I'm not sure. Let's go talk to the CEO again and tell him what happened." Geonam said. "Maybe he'll know what to do."

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

The policeman ushered Sungjong into his cell before closing the door and locking it.

Sungjong sighed before walking over to the closest bed. He gave it a disgusted look and hesitantly sat on it. The mattress wasn't that soft or fluffy like the bed he had at home. It was better than sleeping on the floor though. Sungjong laid on the bed trying to sleep. However, he didn't notice the figure lurking in the opposite side of the dark cell.

~인피니트~

What do you guys think of the new poster? :D do you like that one or the previous one more (the old one is in the foreword)