A Gift From Rain

My Inmate Tried to Me
"For me?" Sungjong stared at the booklet that Rain handed him.

"Yup." Rain laid on his bed with his arms supporting his head as he stared at the ceiling.

"Well, what am I supposed to do with it?"

"You write in it of course!" Rain smiled at him. "Use it like a journal."

"Why?"

"You ask so many questions." Rain chuckled. "It helps ease your mind when you're in here. Just write about how you feel, what you do, and anything that comes to mind. You'll feel better about life."

"So... It's like a diary?" Sungjong raised an eyebrow.

"Not exactly." Rain sat up and faced the wall that his bed was pushed up against. He removed one of the bricks to reveal a notebook of his own placed inside the confined space. "I'll show you one page from my own book. Just don't take it out of its hiding place without my permission. There's some things I'd rather you not see."

"Okay." Sungjong nodded and sat down next to Rain when he told him to.

"Here's an example entry that you can use as a guide, sort of." Rain scanned the pages of the booklet and stopped at a specific page. He handed the booklet to Sungjong to read. Sungjong took the booklet and scanned over Rain's messy boyish writing.


September 18, 20**

Today was a pretty interesting day. It was hilarious, in fact. Some newbie managed to piss off the devil's gang. I hope he doesn't die on his first day here. He should at least live to be in jail for 24 hours to know what the experience is like.

The devil himself tried to get Brian into his room but Brian refused to, saying that 'no one tells him what to do.' He ed at how he'll beat the out of him if he laid hands on him again. Did I use too many pronouns in that sentence?

Anyways, the meatloaf they served at dinner earlier was ing disgusting. I ended up eating only a third of it before I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I ended up feeding it to one of the security dogs. I had to throw it away though because even the dog wouldn't eat it.

Oh, it's that time again. Brian's knocking on my door.



Sungjong looked up from the book after he was done reading. He thought he saw Rain staring at him like he was a piece of steak but decided it was merely his imagination. Yeah, just his imagination.

"Who's 'the devil?'" Sungjong asked confused.

"The thugs I showed you yesterday." Rain jumped up from the bed onto his feet and went over to a bar that was hung on the ceiling in the middle of the room. He hopped up and began to do pull-ups. How else would he keep his y and delicious muscles so y and delicious?

"Oh, and when does Brian come in here? Does he come in here at a specific time or something?" Sungjong showed Rain the last sentence in the entry.

"Oh, don't worry about that." Rain smirked. "But yeah, he does come in here pretty often."

"Okay..." Sungjong nodded, not caring for the details since he thought they had their 'manly' talks or something along the lines of that.

After Rain had completed about 200 pull-ups, the security guard came by. "Lunch time."

Rain plopped down on the ground after the security guard unlocked the door. "About time. I'm starving. Let's go Sungjong."

Sungjong placed the booklet onto Rain's bed and followed after. The security guard led them to the cafeteria, which Sungjong had only visited once before for dinner the day he was imprisoned (which is a Pokemon move by the way).

Rain went over to the line of people waiting to get their food and Sungjong followed after. "They're serving chicken today." Rain informed after glancing over the heads of those in line.

Sungjong nodded, "It better be tastier than the stuff they fed us last night." His face scrunched up at the terrible memory. It was the worst food, if you could even call it that, that he had ever eaten. He didn't even know what he ate. It was very undistinguishable.

"The chicken they serve is pretty decent. Kind of on the dry side though." Rain shrugged as the two slowly inched up in line.

After getting their food, Rain led Sungjong to the table that Brian sat at.

"What are you, a puppy?" Brian raised an eyebrow. "You're following Rain around an awful lot. Unless he's making you."

"I'm not forcing him or anything." Rain rolled his eyes. "Cut him some slack. He's new and doesn't know his way around. Besides, I don't mind."

"I don't either. I was just wondering." Brian shrugged before wiping some grease from the chicken off of his lips.

"I like how you guys are talking about me like I'm not here..." Sungjong rolled his eyes.

"You could just join in on the conversation." Brian shrugged.

"I wouldn't know what to say." Sungjong plopped a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"Just relax and say whatever you want to say." Rain patted the boy on the back. "Act like you've known us forever. Feel comfortable."

"Yeah," Brian nodded. "We're not going to judge you or anything. It's not like we can or anything. We're all convicts."

"Okay..." Sungjong nodded.

"Hey look over there." Brian nodded towards the group of people several tables down.

"Arm wrestling again?" Rain raised an eyebrow. "I don't get why they do it all the time. Are they trying to show off their strength or something?"

"You're much stronger than them anyways." Brian smirked. "Why don't you go show them what you've got?"

"Uhm Rain?" Sungjong poked Rain's bicep. "Aren't those the guys you told me not to talk to?"

"Yup." Rain smirked as he wiped the chicken grease off of his fingers with a napkin and got up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Sungjong asked while Brian smirked and followed after.

"Come with us and you'll see." Rain grinned. Sungjong shrugged and followed after, realizing that Rain was heading for the group that was arm wrestling.

'Is he really going to take them on?' Sungjong's mouth hung open as he watched Rain exchange words with the group of men before taking the place of the person that lost the previous arm wrestling match. 'Can he win? They look pretty stong... But then again Rain's muscles are huge as well.'

"Ready to lose?" Rain's opponent smirked.

"Please." Rain scoffed. "We've had this match many times before and every single time you'd lose."

His opponent scowled before signaling for someone to count down for the match to start.

"Three, two, one, start!" The person holding their fists let go and Rain yawned, not putting much effort in as he examined his nails while his opponent was struggling and sweating, trying to force Rain's hand down.

"Stop toying around and just win already." Brian rolled his eyes.

"Why? Let me have some fun." Rain threw his head back in laughter.

"Hey guys, help me." The opponent groaned to his friends. Two guys tried pulling Rain's arm towards the tabletop but Rain just continued to chat with Brian like nothing was happening.

'Does he even notice there are people pushing his arm down?' Sungjong stared incredulously at the scene.

By the time there were about five guys on Rain's arm trying to make him lose, Rain happened to glance in their direction. "Oh, hey guys. I should get on with our game instead of being distracted huh? Sorry about that." And with that Rain moved his hand downward. The opponent's hand hit the tabletop causing him to lose.

Sungjong gaped at what just happened. "What the hell..."

"Let's go guys, I need to use the little boys' room. My stomach is killing me." Rain pulled Brian's and Sungjong's hand, making them follow him.

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

"Ah, I feel much better." Rain grinned after he left the bathroom.

"You were in there for like half an hour." Sungjong sighed.

"Must have been the chicken." Rain pondered about his meal. "Or maybe last night's dinner. I don't even know what they fed us."

"Or the chicken grease." Brian shrugged. "There was alot of it."

"I agree." Sungjong shuddered. "It was disgusting."

"Hm, we have about twenty minutes left," Brian estimated. "What do you guys want to do?"

"I think I'm going into a food coma." Rain yawned. "So I'm just going to head back to my cell. Night guys." Rain waved before leaving.

"But we just had lunch." Sungjong looked confused.

"He likes to say good night even when it's seven in the morning. So I guess it's just the two of us now." Brian smiled at Sungjong.

"Yeah..." Sungjong nodded before realizing he had a question for Brian. "Hey, Brian? Can I ask you something?"

"You just did, but sure, go ahead." Brian grinned.

"Can you tell me about your drug dealing?" Sungjong questioned.

"First off, it was not drug dealing. I was caught for smuggling drugs into the country..." Brian clarified as he led them over to bench to sit. "But other than that, sure. I'll tell you about it."

"I think drug dealing would have been better..." Sungjong laughed.

"Yeah, me too. I probably wouldn't have gotten caught doing that instead." Brian nodded. "Anyways, back to me. Se7en and Hwanhee were with me in Malaysia. We were doing business with this guy. You don't really need to know who he is but we'll call him 'TOP.' Anyways, all was going well, the transaction was completed with no problems, and we were on our way back to Korea to deliver the drugs to our boss. At the airport in Korea, some little girl came up to us and we didn't notice. She thought the drugs were candy so she asked us for some."

"So you gave her some?" Sungjong asked in disbelief.

"Of course not! Do you think we're stupid? The drugs were expensive so we wouldn't have handed them over so easily." Brian scoffed. "Anyways, the little girl kicked Hwanhee and grabbed the drugs from him. Things didn't go so well when we tried getting them back because the little girl kept screaming 'HELP! THE UGLY MEN ARE TRYING TO TAKE MY CANDY AWAY AND ME!' Could you believe her?! She called us ugly!"

"I don't think that was important at that moment..." Sungjong commented.

"Whatever." Brian rolled his eyes. "Anyways—"

"You say 'anyways' alot." Sungjong pointed out.

"Shush boy, unless you don't want me to continue my story." Brian glared, causing Sungjong to cross his arms and pout. "Anyways, because that little girl screamed, security came up to us and found that we had illegal drugs. We got arrested and they tried making us tell them who our boss was but we refused. We will stay loyal to our boss since he's kept a roof over our heads for the longest time. We tried ratting 'TOP' out but they never found him. He fled their warehouse by the time anyone got there. And yeah, that's basically it."

"Did that little girl ever intake the drugs?" Sungjong asked worriedly. "She could have been an Inspirit that you killed!"

"No she didn't take the drugs." Brian rolled his eyes. "Did you ever find out why you got arrested?"

"No." Sungjong sighed. "I guess I could go find out now. I'll see you later then Brian."

"Call me hyung." Brian smiled.

"I thought you didn't care for formalities." Sungjong raised an eyebrow.

"I don't." Brian smirked. "But I've decided that I like you kid, so I'll allow you to."

"Okay." Sungjong smiled before running off. "Bye hyung!"

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

Sungjong skipped along the corridors of the prison searching for a security guard.

"Oh! Excuse me sir!" Sungjong called out to one of the guards that was strolling along. He turned around and looked at Sungjong suspiciously, causing Sungjong to feel very offended.

"What?" The guard bellowed out.

"I want to know something." Sungjong smiled. "Why was I arrested? No one told me when I was brought here yesterday."

The guard raised an eyebrow before taking out some electronic device. "Name?"

"Huh?" Sungjong looked confused for a moment before realizing what the guard had asked. "Lee Sungjong."

The guard typed in Sungjong's name and the device made some beeping sound. "Okay Lee Sungjong. It says here that you have been arrested for harboring a fugitive."

"W-what?!" Sungjong's jaw dropped. "I never did such a thing!"

"Oh, you're right. You haven't, my bad. I read the wrong description." The guard laughed. "Okay let's see. 'Lee Sungjong. Stealing $20,000 from a bank.' Wow, that sounds serious. Have a good night." The guard continued down the corridor whistling the beat to the beginning of Troublemaker.

Sungjong's mouth still hung open as he slowly took in the information he was given.

"S-stealing $20,000 from a bank...?"

~☆•☆•☆•☆•☆~

Sungjong plopped down on his bed after moping his way back to the cell.

"What's up with you?" Rain raised an eyebrow.

"I found out why I got arrested." Sungjong sighed.

"Really? What's the reason?" Rain sat up on his bed, very curious as to why Sungjong is here.

"Apparently I stole $20,000 from a bank." Sungjong grumbled and turned to face the wall.

"Haha, nice." Rain chuckled. "I would never have the guts to do that."

Sungjong rolled his eyes and sat up on his bed. He looked at the booklet near his foot that Rain had given him. 'Hm, I guess I could write to take my mind off of this...'

Sungjong grabbed the book and opened it up to the first page. He looked around for a pencil or pen of some sort but didn't find any. "Hey Rain?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have something to write with?"

"You can borrow this pen of mine." Rain threw the pen over to Sungjong, who was barely able to catch it since he didn't expect it to get thrown.

"Thanks." Sungjong smiled before getting ready to write. 'What should I write about?'


Dear diary Okay, saying 'dear diary' sounds weird. I'll start out with something else. Hey there! I should give you a name so it'll be easier to write. How about... Poki? Yeah, that sounds good! ^^

So hey Poki! This is my first entry to you. I'm not sure what I'm really supposed to write so... I guess I'll write some things about myself~

My name is Lee Sungjong and I'm a member of INFINITE, one of the awesome bands out there because we have an awesome fanclub. I love lemon candy and I share a room with Howon at home. Oh, but I'm not at home right now so I am sad ): I got arrested, apparently because I stole $20,000. I don't want to talk about that though. So now I share a room with a really nice person named Rain. He's the first person I met when I got here yesterday. He showed me around and even became friends with me!

I don't like my bed. It's really hard and cold. Not soft and warm like the one I have at home. I wonder if the others are even trying to get me out right now. (By others I mean the rest of INFINITE: Gyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung, Yeollie-hyung, Hoyaya-hyung, Dino-hyung, and Myungsoo-hyung.)

They BETTER be trying to get me out right now! I swear, they're probably getting distracted right as I write because Yeollie-hyung wants coffee -__-

Hm, I don't know what else to write so I'll stop here for today! ^^ I'll try and write tomorrow Poki! Bye for now!



Sungjong smiled as he finished his last sentence and placed the notebook under his mattress.

'Rain is right, writing does make me feel better.' Sungjong laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about his idiotic hyungs that he somehow managed to love so much. 'They seriously better be trying to get me out.'

~인피니트~

Remember to comment!~ (: leave some feedback! ^^