A parting or A new start ?

What Heart Says
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party was supposed to continue till 3am morning but Mina’s excessive drink put a halt on it at midnight. Chaeyoung had to carry wasted Mina to her apartment. Not the way everyone thought their reunion will end. Everyone was concerned about Mina but Chaeyoung said she will take care and she did all she could do for her. Mina was having some nightmares and Chaeyoung was staying all night. Little does Mina knew Momo was already in critical condition in the hospital.  

  

Chaeyoung fell asleep in the morning for a while but woke up hearing Mina’s loud ringtone. Mina was also getting sober to pick up the call. She receives the call and listens to the other side for 10 seconds and rushes towards bathroom. Chaeyoung was kind of dizzy due to lack of sleep but that movement surprised her.   

“What happened? Is everything ok?” she says in shock but there was no response.  

Mina comes backs soon after washing her face. “We need to hurry. Momo is in hospital." she says panicking.  

“O.. Ok.” Chaeyoung was also shocked and started rushing.  

  

They start their car as soon as they could and rushed to the hospital. There was quite a bit of traffic in the morning since everyone was going to the office. Every second of waiting making them more and more anxious.  

After tackling all the traffic on the road, they reach at the hospital. They ask out the receptionist about Momo and was directed the way. They find out Momo’s mom is waiting outside sobbing alone. She looks in terrible condition. She probably cried all night they guessed.  

“What happened? WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MOMO!” Mina speaks out loud. Ms. Hirai is still sobbing.  

“I don’t know. I found her unconscious last night.” she starts to cry out more.  

“Doctor said she is in critical condition and they are trying to make her condition stable since last night.” Mina is stunned in disbelief.  Her body was shaking. She tried to sit but she couldn’t and falls on the floor.  

“MINA!” Chaeyoung shouts but Mina is already unconscious and she rushes to get the doctor.  

 

Mina woke up not too long after. Still in shock. Chaeyoung tries to calm her. 
“What’s her condition?”, Mina asks. 
“They are still doing the operation.” Chaeyoung says. 
Mina tries to get up but fails. Chae helps her to get up. 
“I think you should rest more.” Chaeyoung says. 
“You think I can?”, Mina says with a bit frustration. 

She goes out near the operation theater but only to hear that the doctor said they are not sure if Momo will survive. She doesn’t faint this time but sits on the chair silently with shock. She is still trying to think it’s a nightmare. Maybe it will pass soon.  

 

Clock is ticking and it’s been another 30 minutes. No one said a word. They are praying to God. And then a doctor came out of the operation theater. Ms. Hirai approaches to him. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter