Tell Me

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV

"That's all gentlemen." I said dismissing the meeting. 

"Impressive I should say. Your father is really proud of you." Mr. Kang complimented and we had a hand shake. 

"Thank you but I have more to learn." I said to him. And we both laugh. 

This is my 4th meeting for the day. Honestly, this is really tiring.

I sit down to my father's chair in his office here in Seoul. My is still not on the chair for a full minute when my father's secretary open the door and here he is. In front of the table. 

"One more meeting and your good Ms. Manoban. " he said reminding me. This is the second day I'm doing the actual work of my father and I'm grateful that he's fine now and ready to work tomorrow. The secretary continue to talk about stuffs and I listen to him. 

One more Lisa and you can sleep. As if I could sleep. Arghhh... Whatever. I should focus on this and not other things. 

"Thank you for your time Ms. Manoban. I'm impressed that in that age you can actually work the works that your father is working." another compliment.

"Thank you for the compliment but as I always say to everybody, I have more to learn. " I said. 

Thank you that I can go home now. It's still 8 pm but gosh... I'm so exhausted. 

"Ms. Manoban if you don't mind, will you join us to dinner. It looks like you didn't eat an early dinner a while ago. " Mr. Lee invited me. 

"We? " I asked quizzical for he is just one. 

"My daughter and I will have a dinner at the restaurant nearby. She's the same age with you, and same school. "

Honestly I don't have any interest on something or someone but I'm hungry. My stomach make a little sound that, I can only hear. Thank you because it's embarrassing that someone will hear it. 

"Sure. Let's go then. " I said, accepting the dinner invitation. 


As soon as we arrive at the restaurant and sit on the chair, the waiter immediately approach to get our order. And after a few more minutes the food arrived. 

"Sorry for being late dad." a girl said and kiss the man in front of me to his cheek. 

"It's okay. I already ordered for you and here... Ms. Manoban. " he introduced me to his daughter. The girl look at me and smile. I gave her a small smile. 

"Lisa Manoban. We met the other night right? Ms...? " I stand and offer a hand shake. She's the girl who lend me her umbrella, that day. 

"Sunmi. You can call me Sunmi. " she took my hand and because the three of us are hungry, we dig in after the introduction. After the wonderful silence of eating we just talk. "Lisa. You are a Business major right? " Sunmi asked when her father excused himself to take a call. 

"Yes. And you? " I asked her. 

"I'm taking psychology. Honestly, I often saw you at school. " she said to me. 

"Oh.. Psych? Why not business? " asking her. Her father is a businessman. 

"Just like my mother. If you are wondering why, it's because this is what I want. And for business? Who will take over after my father, my sister. I have a younger sister. Two years younger than me. She volunteered herself to take over the company after years. " she answered and explain. 

We both talked about school and stuffs, good thing that she didn't bring the topic about the other day. I really don't want to talk about it now. 

The dinner went well. I gain another friend and that's a good thing right? So after I went back to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter