18

Three-In-One

“Kevin-ah, it’s already 12.45pm, Lauren should be here 12.30. When is she?” Yuri asked. She was concerned about Lauren since her school ends at 12.30 and it was already 12.45 but there was no sign about her.

“Maybe she didn’t something wrong so her teacher gave her detention?” Kevin said.

“Impossible! I think we should ask the principle.” Yuri said and pulled Kevin’s hand. Kevin felt so delighted when Yuri held his hand. He could feel the warmth of her hands.

“Noona! The principle office is over here.” Kevin said while pointing to the principle office since Yuri passed by it.

“I was too busy and worried about Lauren.”

“Noona, I know. Just go inside and ask, okay?” Kevin asked while patted her shoulder.

Yuri nodded and they went inside the office.

“Good morning, Principle Lee. May I know where Lauren Lunde is? I waited outside for like 15 minutes but still no sign of her.” Yuri said while frowning.

“Lauren Lunde? Oh! Her parents came and brought her back this morning. Since they are her parents, so we thought that they would contact you about bringing Lauren back home. That’s why we didn’t contact you about that.” Principle Lee said.

“Did they tell principle why they need to bring Lauren home in this hurry?” Kevin asked.

“We’re not supposed to tell you, Mister.” Principle Lee said.

“He is my friend. If principle thinks that it is not suitable telling him, then let me know.” Yuri said.

“Okay. Her parents said that Lauren will be going back to Canada tonight. So they need to bring her back and pack her things.” Principle Lee answered.

“Thank you, Principle Lee.” Yuri said and pulled Kevin out of the office.

“Noona, where’re we going?”  Kevin asked Yuri, and waiting for her to respond. But after 10 seconds, Yuri still remained silence.

“Noona.” Kevin called out and he only saw Yuri’s tears were escaping from her eyes.

“What happened?” Kevin asked.

“Lauren is leaving me. That’s what happened!” Yuri shouted, still couldn’t control her tears.

“Noona, please stay strong. Lauren’s leaving might be an advantage for you.”

“Examples?”

“First, she can live with her parents happily forever. This is a benefit for those children who are growing. They need their parents to stay beside them and teach them everything. I saw every time Lauren asked you about her school works, you couldn’t answer her. Why? Because you are focusing on your dancing and singing instead of her works. Do you know that she goes to my room whenever you didn’t teach her how to do? Sometimes when we’re busying training until late night, she would go to Super Junior and Infinite’s dorm and ask them.” Kevin said.

“Kevin… I…” Yuri said, regretting on how she treated Lauren when she was with her.

“Second, Laure-”

“Kevin. Enough!” Yuri cut Kevin off.

She was now running back to her dorm since Lauren’s stuffs were all at her dorm. After 20 minutes, Yuri was still standing by the main entrance of the building and waiting for her beloved Lauren to come and pack her stuffs. “Noona, you should call her father instead of standing here and wait for her like a fool. It’s so hot here.” Kevin said and pulled Yuri into the building but she rejected.

“This is the best and only location that I can see her clearly no matter how far she is.” Yuri said and still standing with the same pose, same location.

“Why don’t you call her parents? They are your uncle aunty right? Just call them. You should’ve their contact numbers in your phone.”

“No, I don't!”

“You plan to stay here until they come? We’ve practice today. We should go now or else we’re late. You know Kai has no patience and he is very bad temper one.” Kevin said.

“Just tell him that I’m not feeling well and I’m now resting in my dorm. He wouldn’t check our dorm. Just lie to him.”

“Noona! Listen! You shouldn’t be like this. Lauren is going back to Canada and she wouldn’t come back to you unless her parents dump her. Is that clear?” Kevin shouted at Yuri and the people at the lobby floor looked at them.

“Unnie!” Someone yelled and Yuri immediately search and see where the voice came from.

“Noona, she’s not calling you. See? She went to the girl who was standing there 3 minutes ago.” Kevin said while pointing to the girl who was standing by the wall.

‘Maybe I should really let her go.’ Yuri thought. “Kevin, you’re right. She will be better if she lives with her parents instead of me.” Yuri said and holding Kevin’s arm. She rested her head on Kevin’s shoulder. They seemed like a real couple from the back. Kevin was so delighted, he couldn’t say anything.

“Noona, is that comfortable to rest your head on my shoulder? My shoulder is hard like rocks since it is only bone.” Kevin teased.

“Yes, it’s not comfortable at all. But I like it. Kevin-ah, you should gain some weight. You’re too thin!” Yuri said and pinched his arm playfully.

“Noona, you should also gain some weight. For female, you’re underweight. If you’re my girlfriend, I will force you to eat. If you refuse to do so, I will just put everything into your mouth and force you to swallow it.”

“What if I overweight? Sure nobody wants to marry me.”

“I will!”

‘I’m just waiting for you to say it!’Yuri thought.

They continue to walk to the dancing practice room.

‘Yuri-ah, you’ve forgotten me? You didn’t even talk to me after the park incident. All in your mind was only Kevin and hyung. What is my ranking in your heart?’ HE thought.