chapter seven

fighting / meanie

07: hansol forgets to leave his phone on silent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"do you want us to say something?" hansol whispered into mingyu's ear, his hot breath tickling mingyu. 

 

mingyu shook his head, and the three boys turned their attention back onto minghao and junhui who know both looked furious. although they didn't understand most of the conversation they caught a few snippet of words and it sounded a lot like junhui was planning something that minghao did not agree with. 

 

the three froze as they saw a figure come out from behind the two boys ㅡ none of them could make out who it was, until they heard the figure's voice. 

 

"look, how long more?" wonwoo asked, his voice hard. "i can't be bothered to wait any longer." 

 

seungkwan's eyes were narrowed and he was using his arms to stop mingyu and hansol jumping out from their hiding place. he shook his head and gestured for them to listen. 

 

"it's coming." junhui sounded cool and relaxed, completely different to his angry mannerisms a minute ago. "just wait." 

 

minghao was silent but mingyu could see he was nervous, his was shivering for starters even though he was wearing a big coat and he was tapping his foot quickly ㅡ something he usually did before music show performances. 

 

mingyu wanted to go over and give him a hug, and tell him all his problems would disappear ㅡ but he didn't even know what the "problem" was. 

 

the scene was getting more intresting as junhui pulled out a wad of cash from his jacket pocket, and handed it to wonwoo. wonwoo then proceeded to count it, before pulling out a lighter and setting the edge of one of the notes on fire. he dropped it on the floor, crushing it beneath his feet, before freezing. 

 

hansol's ringtone was blaring, somebody was calling him and he was doing all he could do decline the call but mingyu, minghao and junhui had already walked over. 

 

seungkwan moved in front of hansol and mingyu, his arms folded as he stared at the older boys in front of him. he didn't break eye contact with junhui, who seemed to be frozen in place. 

 

it was minghao who broke the silence. 

 

"what are you doing here?" he asked, his usual calm tone lost. 

 

"we were coming back from shopping and we saw you three, and we thought you might be discussing what christmas presents you were going to get us so we decided to listen." hansol blurted out, not only being a big gossip he was also a good liar, the words easily leaving his mouth. 

 

"so what did you hear then?" wonwoo asked, staring directly at mingyu. 

 

mingyu shuffled under his gaze, "nothing much. you were all talking too fast and the traffic made it too loud for us to hear much." 

 

"what traffic?" junhui finally broke eye contact with seungkwan. "there's not even bus stop here." 

 

mingyu bit his lower lip, he had really ed it up now ㅡ he looked at hansol but he was staring determinedly at the concrete floor. seungkwan, on the other hand, was pulling his phone out and tapping a number. 

 

"this is seungcheol's number," he hissed. "one tap and i'll tell him everything we heard and saw. let us go to the dorm and don't bring this up again or it's over for you three." 

 

mingyu had never felt more grateful for the younger boy.