chapter one

fighting / meanie

 

01: mingyu is confused as to why he is being ignored by wonwoo, and is determined to find out away ㅡ no matter what 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

mingyu loves eating, if anyone asked him what his favourite thing was he'dsee eating ㅡ hands down. nothing could top it, at least that's what he told himself as his eyes lit up as doogi pd passed around plates of food. he took a deep breath in, inhaling the scent of the dish before beginning to stuff his face. 

 

he heard the other members groan about how mingyu always got the good first, and grinned to himself ㅡ it was true, he always did, but that's because he was always hungry. ten plates later on and he would still be asking for more while others were on the floor, groaning in pain. 

 

"maybe if you asked quicker, you'd get it first! until then, i shall always win!" he let out, spraying jihoon with saliva and causing minghao to throw a towel at him. 

 

 

he laughs again, his snort making hansol giggle too and then doogi pd has to help him from choking causing mingyu to laugh again ㅡ restarting the whole cycle. mingyu looks around the group and catches wonwoo's eyes, he shoots the boy a smile but instead receives a cold glance. wonwoo then proceeds to roll his eyes at him; mingyu is now confused, wondering what he had done and pouts, his mood changed in a minute. for the rest of the meal he is quiet, focusing on his plate and bites his lip everytime wonwoo speaks. 

 

minghao notices his sudden quietness and asks, "what's wrong?" taking a spoonful of rice and looking him up and down in confusion. "you're quiet for once, what's happening?" 

 

"i'm being ignored!" he pouts, and minghao rolls his eyes, taking a swig of his drink and his lips. 

 

"look," he begins, a small glimmer of humour in his eyes. "just because i haven't talked to you all day doesn't mean i'm ignoring you." he rubs the older boy's back and triesto force out a smile which just results in rice falling out of his mouth. 

 

"it's not you!" mingyu playfully barges into him, nearly causing minghao to spill his entire drink. "it's wonwoo, he hasn't spoken to me all day and now he's rolling his eyes at me ㅡ have i done anything?" 

 

minghao nods, pretending to care when he really could care less. "maybe he's in a bad mood," he suggests helpfully, helping himself to food from mingyu's plate. "it'll pass away soon, trust me."

 

mingyu huffs, "bad mood?" mingyu's voice rises a few octaves as he says this and hansol and hoshi, sitting on the other side of the room, look over. "well i don't think he's in a bad mood, i mean look at him!" 

 

the two boys turn to look at wonwoo, the latter who is laughing at something seokmin has just told him. wonwoo looks up, as if he's feels their stares, and flashes a quick smile at minghao and pretends he hasn't made eye contact with mingyu. this small action caused mingyu to snap and push the plate of food away from him, and curl up into a ball on the floor. 

 

"you're ed, dude." mingyu comments, pulling mingyu's place next to his and adding the food to his own. he gives the tall boy a pat on the head and begins stuffing his face with the two platefuls.

 

"i know." mingyu sighs, standing up and stalking over to his room in the dorm.

 

he hears wonwoo come in some time later and the only thing that can be heard in the room is silence. neither of them talk, both pretending to be asleep while both knowing the other is awake. mingyu wants to break the silence, but a big part of him wants to prove to wonwoo that two can play this ignoring game so he clamps his mouth shut, pulling the covers of his head. 

 

he hears wonwoo sigh and shuffle around for a couple of minutes and had to restrain himself from jumping to go and hug the older boy, enveloping him in his love. he eventually cannot find the will to be quiet and loses, he starts talking, hoping for some sort of reaction from wonwoo. 

 

"can i at least know why i'm being ignored?" he asks, now sitting up on his bed, frowning. "you don't even have to say it, you can text me if that makes it any easier, ok?"

 

he watches wonwoo pull out his phone and type something in, and soon enough he feels his phone buzz and quickly enters his password, eager to find out the reason as to why he is getting the silent treatment. his eyes widen as he reads the text, and he looks over at wonwoo's face peeling out of the covers. 

 

"you l-love me?" he whispers, his hand clamped around his phone, scratching the hard surface. "is this some kind of joke?" 

 

he isn't laughing and the usually happy expression is vacant from his face, and his heart breaks as wonwoo shakes his head and mingyu wonders how on earth he is going to break it to the older boy that he is in love with someone else.