chapter two

fighting / meanie

02: mingyu takes minghao around seoul and hides a secret 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"mingyu?" minghao asks, looking distinctly guilty. "can you let go of my hand?"

 

the two teens had been walking around seoul for the past hour, minghao's legs ached and his was starting to wonder when they would reach their destination. he was now beginning to regret the decision of leaving the warm comfort of the dorm, but when mingyu had stormed into his room and began pleading he knew that there was no chance of him denying the boy.

 

"sorry!" mingyu's cheek now tinged a slight pink and he kept his gaze on the floor, as minghao sprinted up behind him as they ran around the streets of seoul.

 

minghao noted the pink cheeks, and how mingyu began to walk faster ㅡ he was a boy who saw everything. but he didn't say anything, instead he began to chase after him; unable to keep up with his quick pace. this continued until mingyu abruptly stopped outside a shop ㅡ minghao nearly knocked into his back, but played it off, take a step to the side.

 

the owner recognized mingyu straight away, and they began having a small conversation ㅡ minghao tried to listen it but when mingyu noticed he ended the conversation and continued to walk through the shop. they reached a table, and mingyu pointed at the chair opposite him, motioning for minghao to sit down next to him. 

 

comfortable in his seat minghao now asks, "will you tell me why you've dragged me around the city?" he frowns,  as he notes mingyu's nervous appearance. 

 

mingyu sighs, obviously frustrated and annoyed ㅡ "we're alone and you can't even act like you're my boyfriend?" he quips, sighing as he sees minghao look away, clearly ashamed. "it doesn't even matter, just forget it." 

 

minghao grabs his hand, and pulls his chair closer to mingyu, giving him his full attention. "it matters to you, meaning it matters to me. what's worrying you?" 

 

mingyu can feel swear trickling down his face, he's tapping his shoe against the wooden stool minghao's sitting on ㅡ he's nervous. "its wonwoo." he manages to let out. "he, he likes me."

 

he quickly looks up to see minghao's reaction and is surprised to see the boy looking confused ㅡ does he not understand? mingyu tilts his head to the side, wasn't it obvious as to what he meant or had he explained it weirdly? 

 

"like, as in friend?" minghao asks, blatantly lying. he knows exactly what mingyu is talking about but prefers to pretend he doesn't, it makes the pain easier for him to stomach.  

 

over the past few months, minghao has noticed a change in wonwoo's attitude towards mingyu; he noticed the way he's changed how he acts around him, the way he blushes around mingyu, the way he likes to hold hands with him but he ignored every sign ㅡ trying to pretend it was a figment of his imagination, even though it was so ing obvious to everyone ㅡ everyome except mingyu.

 

"i know you know what i mean!" mingyu is annoyed, but takes minghao's hand and holds it tightly, not letting go. "please." 

 

minghao drops the lie, "i know he had some feelings towards you." he banged to stutter out, staring at the floor. "but i just pretended i didn't. you're not going to leave me right?" his eyes are alight with worry. 

 

if only mingyu knew this was all an act.

 

instead he shakes his head, the image of him leaving minghao hurts his heart ㅡ but he knows there is a part of him that holds some feelings towards minghao, but he brushes those thoughts away and leans in to kiss minghao. 

 

"i would never." he whispers in a low voice, still holding minghao's hand tightly and the younger boy nods. 

 

"so, are you going to tell him to about us?" minghao asks he question that has been plaguing them both. "are we going to tell the others?" his head to the side, he is evidently nervous. 

 

mingyu shakes his head, "i don't think now is a great time, but soon ok? in the mean time i'll try and let down wonwoo gently." this is another lie, mingyu has a different plan in his head but minghao looks so vunerable he can't bring himself to telling him.

 

minghao nods and mingyu feels a sharp stab of guilt, he knows he isn't going to do anything of the sort, instead he is planning to have a real think about his feelings and perhaps, maybe, leave minghao. the idea makes him sick, and leaves fear bubbling in his stomach, but he doesn't want to make the wrong decision just because he feels bad, he wants to do what he feels is right and if dating wonwoo feels right ㅡ he will.

 

"now, want to go to the dog cafe down the road? you'll like it?" mingyu smiles as minghao enthusiastically nods and they exit the cafe ㅡ both struggling under the weight of their lies.