chapter eleven

fighting / meanie

mingyu was nervous, he was biting his fingernails and surveying the rest of s ㅡ tonight, seventeen would be performing at the SBS gayo daejun and frankly he was beyond the word nervous. this festival was watched by millions of families across korea, including his family. yes, they had seen him at the mama awards but this was the one time his extended family had come together to watch him perform and he wanted to impress. 

 

he watched the other members lauging with one each other, playing small games or in soonyoung's case asleep on the floor. mingyu was about to join him to do the same when his hand was grabbed by a figure and he was yanked out of the room ㅡ he swore but the figure continued to pull him down the halls of the building, eventually stopping at a room and opening the door before pushing him inside. 

 

mingyu whipped around to face the figure, getting ready to punch him, before frowning as he realized it was hansol. he heard a small ahem behind him, and turned around to face seungkwan rolling around in a chair. he narrowed his eyes and seungkwan promptly stopped spinning. 

 

"why have you dragged me here?" he asked, folding his arms and sitting himself onto the chair at the far end of the room so he could survey them both. "what's going on?" 

 

hansol shrugged his shoulders and pointed at seungkwan, implying that this was all fault; seungkwan did not take the accusation lightly and proceeded to stick his middle finger up at hansol before turning to mingyu. mingyu's breath hitched in his throat as he noticed the look seungkwan was giving him, a look of pure anger. 

 

"i found this," seungkwan began, digging into his back pocket and pulling out a small chip. "on your bed ㅡ it's a chip, meaning someone has been watching us. and nobody has been in our room other than us three, we've been all there together 24/7, right? except for that time me and hansol had to go for a radio show ㅡ and you promised you wouldn't let anyone in right? but what's this i hear from chan, wonwoo was there?" 

 

mingyu froze and darted a quick look at hansol but the younger boy's eyes were firmly fixated on the floor ㅡ mingyu sighed, and mumbled a small apology but seungkwan had already got up. he headed towards the door but noticing the thick fog of tension he paused, turning around and pulling mingyu into a hug which the older gladly returned. 

 

"i'm sorry, yeah." he sighed, sticking a hand through his hair and knowing that the stylists were going to scream later on. "its just ㅡ those three are up to something big and i'm determined to find out what so until then now contact with them, ok?" 

 

mingyu nodded, hiding how he truly felt ㅡ obviously he wanted to know what the they were up to but completely ignoring them? they lived together! mingyu was dating one of them and in love with another, how the was he just going to ignore them? but, he pushed those thoughts aside and exited the room; having no idea that wonwoo, minghao and junhui were watching them leave. 

 

he took a shortcut down the halls, and expected to walk into seventeen's room but foolishly, he walked to the complete other side of the hall. rolling his eyes he began the treck backwards, humming a small song to himself, when suddenly everything went black ㅡ quickly registering that he had been blindfolded he kicked back but froze in his movements the second he felt something cold and metallic pressed to his skull. 

 

a gun.