chapter five

fighting / meanie

05: a bus ride makes mingyu sick

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

mingyu was full, he felt like his stomach was going to burst as he hopped on the bus that would take him back to the dorm. the trip to the cafe had been good for him, it was sort of like going home and he had left with a clear mind and a full stomach.

 

the bus shuffled to a stop and the doors opened and mingyu closed his eyes, planning to fall asleep, when he heard his name. he opened his eyes to see hansol and seungkwan walking past him, taking two seats a row behind him. 

 

not wanting to draw attention to himself [or let hansol and seungkwan know he was there], mingyu pushed himself down his seat ㅡ his head know being the only thing that was seen. 

 

"we have to tell mingyu." seungkwan said, and mingyu noticed his head was on hansol's shoulder. "nobody is going to blame you ㅡ i mean if i was dating someone and they were cheating on me, i would like to know." 

 

cheating? mingyu was now about to fall off his seat, he had to know what they were talking about. also, why did they have to tell him? what was going on? 

 

"but it'll break his heart!" hansol furiously argued back, "and we'll have to explain how we knew him and minghao were dating in the first place." 

 

what the absolute ? mingyu felt as if he was going to throw the contents of his stomach out onto the old woman in front of him. 

 

"yeah, how did you know that?" seungkwan asked, oblivious to mingyu. 

 

"ok so, seungcheol sent me to go and get mingyu because we had an appearance. i knew he was going to be at that sweet shop across the road from the cinema, he always goes there, so i went. i saw him but then i realised he was holding someone's hand, so i took a step back. and then the person moved forward so i could see them and i saw it was minghao." 

 

"that is bull," seungkwan quipped. "loads of people hold hands, that doesn't mean they're dating!" 

 

"then," hansol was pulling out the ultimate card. "explain why when i went to go and give junhui the card to sign for the coordi, why he kissed minghao but minghao pushed him off ㅡ saying he had a boyfriend?" 

 

minghao and junhui kissed? mingyu was speechless, he felt as if the air around him was fading and he was going to collapse. the ringing sound in his head made him feel faint, and he very much regretted the decision of stuffing his face. 

 

"okay, that was a good one." seungkwan nodded. "hey, what's up with him?" 

 

mingyu was now bent over and making violent choking noises, alerting the other people on the bus that something was wrong with him. his throat felt clogged up with food and sick, and the shouting around him was not helping his headache. 

 

"would the man bent over in the seventh row please exit the bus?" the driver annouced through the intercom. 

 

"why?" mingyu heard seungkwan swear behind him. "he's ill, shouldn't you be helping him instead of kicking him off?" 

 

"if you disagree, please exit." the doors opened and mingyu felt two hands help him up and guide him off the bus. 

 

the hands led him to a bench near the road, and sat him down. he buried his hands in his arms, knowing that it was hansol and seungkwan helping him and him speaking or showing his face would lead to one conclusion ㅡ being busted. 

 

"hello?" seungkwan asked, prodding his cheek. "are you feeling any better? can we call anyone for you?" 

 

he shook his head, gesturing for them to go but completely forgetting the seventeen ring on his pinky. he quickly remembered and pulled his hand back but it was too late, they had already noticed. 

 

"wait! you're one of us?" hansol bent down, trying to get a peek of his face. 

 

mingyu had no reponse, instead he just lifted his hands from his face and sat upright. 

 

"mingyu?" the two boys screamed. 

 

he then puked.