chapter twelve

fighting / meanie

012: you will never be forgotten kim mingyu

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

mingyu let out a shrill scream, wincing in pain as he was shoved up agaisnt a wall.  his captors were silent, and if it hadn't been for the gun stuck agaisnt his head, he would've thought that he was alone. 

 

his heart was racing, one wrong movement and he would be dead ㅡ and for once, kim mingyu was lost for words.  instead he let out small, shallow breaths and willed himself to think of things that would keep him calm and try to forget that there was a gun aimed at him. 

 

but it didn't work, tears began to leak down his heavily made up face, and he rubbed furiously at the blindfold he had on. this was not how we wanted to end his life, not when he hadn't even been given the opportunity to say goodbye to those he loved. 

 

he thought to s, probably wondering where he had got to. he imagined them walking around the building, calling his name and asking people if they had seen him. tears, again, began raining down his face and he couldn't help but begin to bawl. 

 

he wished he hadn't taken this shortcut, he wished he hadn't come to this award cermony, he wished he hadn't auditioned at pledis ㅡ he wished he was at home with his family, watching dramas with his parents and annoying his sister. 

 

he wished he was anywhere but here. 

 

"shut up!" whoever had bought him into this room spoke. there voice was distinct but mingyu couldn't put his finger on it; they had an accent and there pronunciation wasn't perfect, it was a voice he knew, but he just couldn't put his finger on it. 

 

"your stupid boyfriend hasn't show up," the voice hissed, fury laced inbetween the words. "and if he doesn't come in the next minute, its over for you." 

 

mingyu let out a whimper, it was all to much. his head hurt, his legs felt weak and wobbly, he couldn't die like this ㅡ in a moment of pure madness he moved forward and kicked his captor, wincing as he felt his foot come into contact with a sharp chin. he threw a wild punch and screamed as his hand was caught and yanked downwards. 

 

"you ing idiot!" the voice was now furious, and mingyu froze up as he heard the sound of a gun being cocked. 

 

"no, please!" he let out desperately, immeaditly regretting his decision from before. "please, i won't tell anyone, just let me go!" 

 

those were kim mingyu's last words before he was shot and left to bleed to death, he died due to gunshot wounds in a backroom in the kbs hall. hours after he had bled out he was body was found by a janitor who called the police the second he saw the body. seventeen went on hiatus, and hansol couldn't shake off the feeling that wonwoo looked guility but having no proof he couldn't say anything but began to grow distant from everyone, eventually deciding to go on hiatus before leaving seventeen. seungkwan soon followed, and the last member to leave was seungcheol ㅡ the leader blamed himself for the demise of seventeen [and mingyu] and moved back to his homewtown, wishing for what could've been. a police investigation was launched into mingyu's death but all they could find on the CCTV was two men entering the room where mingyu was last in, both wearing balaclavas. the police searched far and wide but never received any information about these two men and the case was closed, left unsolved. mingyu's family were given a sizeable amount of money from pledis but nothing, no amount of money, would bring back their son ㅡ they launched appeals into his case, but they were all rejected, as if a mysterious force was blocking everything. mingyu's name couldn't be searched up on sites such as pann or naver, his name was never uttered on tv ㅡ someone was doing something and his family were determined to find out. 

 

who would do this?