Bonus Chapter/ deleted scene

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This just came out of me . . . .  kind of like a bonus chapter, or a deleted scene I guess.  I hope you enjoy! 

 

‘Do you remember the class we had talking about music?’ Chanyeol asked her, nuzzling her neck with his lips.  They had both been wrapped up together in the blankets under the tent for quite some time.

‘Vaguely,’ She said, trying her hardest to remember, which admittedly was somewhat difficult as his soft lips continued to distract her.  She did remember Samuel being very excited that day, but she didn’t remember the finer points of the class. 

‘You told me you loved rock and blues, but you seemed wary of telling me exact names.  Though you did tell me you loved Queen.’ He relayed back to her, he remembered everything.

‘I do, it’s hard sometimes with students to tell them individual bands, or names, most of the time they won’t know them.’ She told him back, his thumb was in the soft palm of her hand, as his lips and nose still played on her neck.

‘Do you remember you asked me if I liked Korean music?’ she could feel the way his lips changed into a smile, the chuckle that was straining to get out of him.

She asked a lot of her students that.  They all came from China, she found it was usually the closest she could find to a common ground with them, but his smirk behind his words worried her.

‘Hmmm?’ she told him back, caught up in the smell of his soft hair.  ‘What did I say then?’ she whispered.

‘You asked me if I had heard any of it if I liked it, and I said yes, then I asked you who you liked.  You told me you had a favourite.’ He was speaking slowly, and she was glad his head was still in her neck, otherwise, he’d see how red she had become.  She remembered this conversation now. 

‘Oh god.’ She breathed.

‘You asked me if I knew SHINee, so, I answered honestly, yes I do know them.’ He giggled, his lips and tongue were drawing circles on her skin. ‘So I asked you who your favourite was, and you told me about your little crush on Taemin.’ She could feel his body just lightly on hers heaving with his silent giggles.

‘Oh .’ She remembered vividly, she remembered being just as embarrassed admitting it to him in the virtual classroom. 

He withdrew his lips leaning his head up so his eyes could meet hers, leaning himself half on his front, his head resting in his large hands.

‘It broke my heart.’ He pouted for effect. ‘I don’t think I’ll be taking you to meet Taemin anytime soon.’ He smiled coyly, ‘But then I thought to myself … I wonder if she knows me.’ And just like that, his eyes lit up and a big grin spread across his face. 

She searched his eyes and then searched her memories.

‘I asked you if you knew Exo, and you practically screamed yes.’ He smiled, his free hand was now drawing circles lazily above her hip bone.

She giggled, remembering what happened next. 

‘And then I thought, I wonder who she likes, so I asked you, who your favourite was…’

‘I told you it was you.’ She finished for him, his eyes were glimmering with his smile.

‘I couldn’t believe it.  So I thought I would mess with you and I then I said ‘he’s a bit funny looking isn’t he?’ and you told me –‘ he grinned wider.

‘I told you, he might be funny looking to some, but he’s got the most charm and the best smile.’ She smiled at the memory. 

‘I can’t believe you agreed I was funny looking.’ He teased.

‘Funny looking in a cute way, but I said your smile was cute.’ She defended herself, looking deeply at him.  It was definitely strange to think she was here, talking to Chanyeol about the time she talked to him, about himself.  He penetrated her eyes seriously with his look back at her, changing slightly from the playful look he had just a few moments ago.

‘What?’ she asked him, becoming concerned.

‘You’re so much more beautiful than I imagined you to be.’ He told her, holding her gaze, his tone so serious, it warranted tears. ‘I knew you’d be beautiful, I saw your picture, even before when you were not as slim, but it didn’t matter, you were beautiful to me.’ He took her hand in his, bringing it to his lips. ‘But, seeing you in person, the reality of you, takes my breath away sometimes.  That’s why I found it so hard to work my way up to talking to you.’ He admitted with a hint of bashfulness.

‘Chanyeol –‘ she began, no one had ever really told her she was beautiful, no one ever made her believe it, but the words from his lips couldn’t be mistaken how much he truly believed it.

He encased his lips with hers, cupping her jaw he kissed her deeply, before pulling away to continue.

‘When I saw you at the airport, I wasn’t sure it was really you, it was surreal.’ he told her.  She moved, so she was laying facing him, both their heads on pillows, both leaning onto one hand, though his free hand would not leave her skin.  He had wanted to touch her, hold her, for so long, it was not possible to be this close to her now he was free to touch her and not reach out to her. 

‘I saw you when you were getting into the car.’ She told him, the memory of the day she arrived bright and clear in her mind.  ‘I didn’t think you were looking at me.’

‘I spotted you waiting for your luggage.’ He told her.  ‘We landed just after you, we don’t wait for luggage, someone else gets it, but I saw you then, lifting some heavy looking bags by your tiny self.  So, I got everyone to stop, told them I needed to use the bathroom, so we would leave around the same time.  I watched you walk out in front of us.’ He didn’t look a bit guilty, or shamed by his admission, which in her opinion made his act somehow sweeter.

‘You’re so shady.’ She told him gently shoving his shoulder.  ‘You made sure I arrived at the same time, you arranged so I was staying on the same floor as you, you couldn’t just wait?’

‘No.’ he said lightly, ‘I’d already waited for you too long.  I wanted to see you as soon as I could.  I was … impossible on that flight, I couldn’t sit still.’ He giggled.

‘I can’t believe you did all this, arranged it all and paid for it.’ She told him with a sigh, the reality of what Baekhyun had said finally hitting her.

He frowned, his eyebrows contracting in thought before he answered.  ‘You worked hard.  All the time and you said you never really got to do anything.  You seemed to just be working to live, not living to work, I always remembered how you never seemed to be treated, spoilt, even by yourself.  I would always ask you what fun things you’d been doing, you never said anything, but you always told me what you wanted, where you wanted to go, things you wanted to do.  I wanted to do something, nice for you.’

‘I think you need to relearn the word nice,’ she told him at his confused expression.  ‘You’ve done more for me than anyone else has.  You’ve probably got my book made into a movie.’

He smiled again in understanding.  ‘That benefits me too, in a lot of ways.’ His grin was playful again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter