Chapter 10

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Baekhyun left her temporarily horrified last night, the only thing she could do with herself was take a painkiller to send her off to sleep.

As she woke up, it felt like waking up from a two-day long dream.  A dream that kept her in bed while Chanyeol nursed her, Junmyeon fussed her, and Baekhyun made life hell for her. 

She had actually slept in much later than she had since arriving in Korea.  It was 9.15, and her phone was beeping her awake. 

Grabbing it from the side of her head, she blearily opened her eyes taking in the number of messages she had. 

Junmyeon had sent several, he asked if she was fine, how she was doing, and then he apologised that it turned out he was busy this morning, but he said he was sending someone over to help her. 

Deep frown lines appeared on her forehead and she began to panic over who exactly he would be ‘sending round’. 

She sat up, still sore, but thankfully much better than she had been, carefully she swung her legs around, placing them firmly on the floor, she found she could get herself upright and walk, even if it meant doing it a lot more gently than she was used to.

Alex had just finished in the bathroom when she heard the doorbell ring.  Mentally rolling her eyes she shouted, ‘Hang on,’ as she half limped towards the front door.  At least it wasn’t Baekhyun, he would just walk in, she hadn’t changed the passcode yet. 

She was halfway there when the door did in fact open by itself.  She leaned against the counter of the kitchen as the door swung open, revealing Kyungsoo, holding a bag of groceries. 

‘Hi,’ he said, having the grace to look slightly bashful. 

‘Hi,’ she said in the same sort of tone, she hadn’t expected Kyungsoo.

‘I’m sorry, Junmyeon sent me round to check on you, he gave me your passcode in case you couldn’t get up.’ He hung in the doorway looking apologetic.  Alex was more than used to random EXO members walking into her house by now though.

‘It’s ok, come in.’ she smiled trying to reassure him.  He half smiled back and held up the shopping bag.

‘Breakfast?’ he stared at her, but a grin was playing on his full lips. ‘I’m a good cook.’

‘Sure,’ she smiled back. He closed the door and strode into the kitchen.  She fumbled on the counter as she leaned up to move into one of the chairs. 

‘I know this is weird,’ he began apologising pulling out different items from the bag she didn’t seem to recognise.

‘I’m used to weird living on this floor now.’ Sighing she settled herself into the chair.  There wasn’t any strange tension with Kyungsoo despite their weird encounter a few days ago. 

He gave her sideways glance raising his eyebrows a fraction at her comment.  Then snorted through his nose, scaring the living daylights out of her.

‘What is so funny?’ she demanded, bewildered at his laughter.

‘I’m sorry, it’s not really funny,’ shaking his head he put the coffee maker on.

‘What isn’t?’ she pressed him for an answer.

‘We are a weird group of guys, and you’ve got the full force of it by the looks of it.’ A bemused smile on his lips.  He was a lot friendlier than her first interaction with him had suggested. 

‘Tell me about it.  I don’t know why they sent me to stay here of all places.’ She grumbled gratefully accepting the hot coffee he had just made her.

‘Who sent you here?’ he questioned returning to the counter, beginning to chop up something.

‘Oh, err- ‘crap she thought, not meaning to let that one slip out.  Her agent and the production company she was meeting with had arranged her whole stay here.  From the flight to the apartment on the floor filled with crazy EXO members. 

His head was turned giving her a stern stare waiting for clarification of what she meant.  She saw no way out of telling him the truth, but she had the distinct feeling Kyungsoo of all people would not blab.

‘Ok so I wrote a book, the reason I’m in Korea is because a production company wants to discuss making it into something, a movie or something.  They set me up in this apartment.’ She explained trying to be as vague as possible.

He stopped chopping what looked like onions for a split second as her words made their way in.  He didn’t turn to her, but she could tell something was off.

‘Oh, I see.’ He finally replied after several seconds of a peculiar silence.  Eyeing him suspiciously she decided to take a different tact with Kyungsoo and not push it.  But she would find out what that pause was all about sooner or later.  ‘It’s cool about your book though, and the movie.’ He added trying to lighten his last comment.

‘Yeah,’ she breathed sipping at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter