Chapter 3

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alex immediately opened her computer and video called her twin sister.

‘Ella, you are not going to believe my night,’ she started as soon as she answered.

‘What?’ Ella yawned sleepily back.

‘EXO’ she exclaimed.

‘What about them?’ she sleepily asked.

‘They live here.’ Alex answered in an excited whisper.

‘Yeah, I know, you’re in South Korea, they are from South Korea, are you just realising this now?’ her sister giggled.

‘No, no, no, no. You don’t understand, they live here.  In my building’ she whispered.

‘WHAT?’ Ella screamed, jumping up and almost knocking her computer over.

‘I walked into Suho this morning, I am SURE I saw Chanyeol in the coffee shop this morning, and then Suho was in this noodle place just now, and came over and paid for me.’ She punctuated every ‘an’ dramatically.

‘WHAT?!?’ Ella continued to scream. ‘You are not serious?’

‘I am deadly serious.’ She grinned excitedly.

‘Oh my god, who knew you’d actually be living right next to them, so who lives there? All of them?’

‘I don’t know, I only know of Suho, I literally walked right into him this morning, so, so, so embarrassing, and then I almost choked on my noodles when he came over and talked to me, and he walked me back, he’s living on this floor.  5 doors away.’ She added in a whisper.

‘NOOOOOOOOO WAY’ Ella screamed into the computer. ‘If you see Kyungsoo I’m getting on a plane.’ She giggled.

Alex laughed back, ‘It was really embarrassing, remember your story about meeting Patrick? It was like that but worse.’

‘Oh, don’t worry I’m, sure it wasn’t that bad.’ She dismissed. ‘You didn’t tell him your bear also loved him, did you?’

Alex laughed loudly, remembering the story, ‘No, thankfully no bears were involved.’

‘So, it’s definitely not as bad, anyway what was he like? What did he say?’

Alex continued to tell her sister in absolute detail about meeting Junmyeon and what he said.

It was over an hour before she said goodbye to Ella and decided to get comfortable in front of the TV.

She was about half an hour into a rubbish TV show when there was a knock on the door.  She got up clumsily knocking into the coffee table with her shin, cursing herself as she hopped over to the door.

Wearing her most awful Pjs, and sporting ruffled, messy hair she went and opened the door.

There was Junmyeon, stood in all his handsome glory casually leaning against the door frame, wearing an oversized turtle neck jumper, black hair ruffled up ily in a kind of quiff, and he was looking down at her with a half shocked and half amused look on his face.

‘Is this a bad time?’ he said with a hint of a grin, taking in her dishevelled appearance, tattered tartan pyjama pants, and oversized old, greying white shirt.

She looked down at her appearance, over come with shame, and folded her arms over herself, mostly aware she was not wearing a bra.

‘Oh, I . . .  erm, no, I was just watching TV, are you ok?’ she was shocked, why was he here?

As if he knew what she was thinking, he chuckled and said ‘Yeah, I’m lonely in my place, my friends are all out, I was wondering if you weren’t busy, do you want to keep me company?’

How was he so y? His voice drawled in a y easy-going way that made her want to go weak at the knees. 

She stood rooted to the spot, unable to speak, thinking what the hell did he want with her?

‘Hello? Are you ok?’ he waved his hands in front of her face, gaining her attention back.

‘Yes! Sorry! Come in.’ she stepped aside, mentally thanking herself for cleaning up after herself, after a week of living like a tramp this morning. 

He propped himself up off the door frame and made his way inside, flashing her another dazzling smile.

‘Sorry to just intrude.’ He began.

‘No it’s fine, don’t worry, I’m not exactly busy.’ She assured him. She tried in vain to smooth her hair down, hoping she didn’t have anything stuck in it.

He tepidly walked in unsure of where to go, sensing his insecurity she directed him to the living room.

‘So, where are your friends then?’ she asked as she settled down on the sofa next to him.  He seemed quite relaxed as he laid back in the sofa, half turned towards her, with his head resting gently on his hand off t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter