Chapter 23

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘The rules are simple, you say something you have never done, by stating ‘I never’ or ‘Never have I ever’ if anyone around the table has, they drink.’ Baekhyun proclaimed with delight.

As they began playing, Minseok going first, then clockwise around the table, a lot of the guys seemed to be directing their ‘I never’s’ at Baekhyun, in a bid to punish him for suggesting the game, so he had to drink, almost every round. 

‘I never had a twin,’ said Jongdae, grinning between Ella and Alex.

‘That’s really not fair.  It’s not something you do or don’t do, you’re born that way,’ Ella complained, as Kyungsoo seemed to scowl at Jongdae.

‘It passes, drink!’ commanded Baekhyun, banging a fist on the table.

‘I’ve never had , -‘Sehun began, ‘on a plane.’ He finished grinning at Jongin. 

‘I’m telling you nothing ever again.’ Jongin moaned downing the drink.

‘You don’t have to tell me, we can all hear you,’ Sehun hooted producing a laugh from Minseok, Jongdae and Baekhyun. 

‘When did you have on a plane?’ Ella asked him, mildly amused.

‘When did he not?’ Laughed Minseok, as Jongin buried his head in his arms.

‘Leave me alone.’ His muffled voice came from his folded arms.

‘Jongin, I thought you were so innocent.’ Alex told him with a giggle, slightly shocked at this revelation into Jongin’s personality. 

Minseok, Sehun, and Kyungsoo all laughed at her comment, ‘Jongin is a, very, naughty, naughty, boy’ Baekhyun punctuated each word with absolute glee.  Jongin raised his head, slightly pink in the cheeks, and with a grin shrugged his shoulders.

‘I never dated someone I work with,’ Minseok continued the game, as Baekhyun, Jongin, and Junmyeon all drank.

‘You?’ Alex asked giving Junmyeon a playful shove.

‘A long time ago.’ He smiled shyly.

‘Yeah, she dumped his when we were trainees,’ Jongdae laughed, slapping Junmyeon on the back as Sehun and Minseok chuckled.

‘Ok, I never broke into a bathroom when someone else was using it.’ Jongin said.

‘I wanted to be close to everyone,’ Baekhyun grinned, gulping back another. 

‘You’re a sick man.’ Kyungsoo told him, with a look of amused disgust on his face.

‘You loved it the most.’ Baekhyun winked back at him, Kyungsoo still looked disgusted at him, though his heart-shaped lips were smiling.

‘I never made a music video,’ Ella piped up, she was playing strategically, making sure she could get as many people to drink as possible.  Everyone groaned, filling their glasses, except Alex, who thought she was exempt.

‘Oy! Butterfly, you were in one too, drink.’ Yelled Baekhyun pointing at her judgementally.

‘It doesn’t count,’ she told him, shaking her head.

‘Yeah, it does, drink.’ Jongin slurred over the table, rolling an almost empty bottle in her direction for her to fill her glass.

Chanyeol, she could see, remained silent, but kept shooting nervous looks over to Junmyeon as the conversation wore on.

‘I’ve never stolen my friend’s car,’ Kyungsoo said, eyeing Baekhyun. 

‘No way, I borrowed it.’ He protested.

‘Without telling me,’ retorted Jongdae with a drunken smirk.

‘Fine, you’re all bullying me.’ He took another drink. ‘I’ve never written a published book.’ Baekhyun said, directed at Alex.

‘Oh boo, totally not fair,’ complained Alex, knocking back the awful soju.  Baekhyun had been directing his ‘I nevers’ between Alex and Chanyeol for the majority of the rounds.

‘Sure it is, anything music related we drink, anything book related you drink.’ Kyungsoo told her with a grin.

Chanyeol was next, ‘I’ve never,’ Chanyeol mumbled, pausing to think about what he wanted to say.

‘Kissed a girl my friend was interested in?’ Junmyeon mumbled under his breath, loud enough for Alex and Chanyeol to hear, but not so the rest of the table could.

Chanyeol gaped at Junmyeon, Alex couldn’t tell what was going through his mind.  Mild shock, confusion, guilt?  Maybe a mixture of all three.  His eyes met Alex’s and she could see he was confused, asking her why, why had she told Junmyeon? Alex looked down at her own glass, unable to look into Chanyeol’s gaze any longer.  She side glanced at Junmyeon, who was also looking down avoiding the gaze of everyone around him.  She didn’t expect something so passive aggressive to come from Junmyeons lips, but maybe the comment about making the music video had made him remember. 

‘Come on Chanyeol,’ Minseok shouted over the noise of the table.

‘I’m out.’ Chanyeol grimaced, pushing his glass into the middle of the table and getting up, pulling on his jacket.

‘No, come on Chan,’ whined Baekhyun, trying to grab onto the cuff of his coat, and missing by several inches. 

‘I’m tired.  See you later,’ he half waved to everyone as he left, Kyungsoo was frowning, watching him leave, Minseok was watching him too, unclear about why he had just got up.

‘Ok then Butterfly, you go.’ Baekhyun turned his attention to Alex.

‘I never intercepted a delivery man, so I could invite myself for food.’ She glared in Baekhyun’s direction.  She’d been waiting to say it, so it was easy to get it out in front of everyone, but her mind was now filled with worry about Chanyeol.

Baekhyun scoffed as he took his drink, to cries from Jongdae and Kyungsoo asking him to explain when this happened.  Ella began the account of what Baekhyun had done the first night she was here.  

‘I’m going to the bathroom,’ Alex got up and told Junmyeon quietly, she saw him nod once, but didn’t wait for him to say anything else, or wait to be pulled back by Baekhyun. 

She walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter