Chapter 19

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The elevator doors popped open, and Alex’s singing voice filled the hallway.  She had been singing non-stop since they left the bar, 25 minutes ago. 

‘What the hell?’ Minseok had opened the door to his apartment to find out what all the noise was when he saw Alex draped or rather, clinging between Junmyeon and Baekhyun, she staggered and sang, her voice totally flat, as they walked her out of the tiny elevator. 

Jongin could not contain his giggles.  The soju had hit him hard but had left him in a fit of laughter most of the time, the laughter being directed at Alex, who was completely wasted and shockingly dire at singing.  He fell to the floor, eyes pressed tightly shut, holding himself around the middle as he giggled hysterics.

Minseok stood there dumbfounded, staring at the commotion in front of him, a mild smirk starting to appear on his face.

‘HEY IT’S MINSEOK!’ Alex shouted, lunging at him.  Baekhyun lost his grip on her, but Junmyeon caught her around the middle, so her full force didn’t knock Minseok over.  Heaving herself with her hands on Minseok’s shoulders, she was sure she could see two of him, but she couldn’t work out why. 

‘I haven’t met you yet,’ she slurred attempting to poke his cute face, missing completely.  He couldn’t contain himself, snorting down at her.  Jongin continued rolling around in silent laughter. 

‘Well now you have.’ His lips pulled back into a smile, making his top lip disappear.  Squinting up at him she grabbed at his cheeks ‘You have pretttttty eyes.’

‘Ok Beyoncé, you need to go home,’ Junmyeon hauled her off Minseok with a look of deep apology, causing Minseok to join Jongin on the floor in soundless amusement.  

‘Do you need help?’ Baekhyun asked, catching Alex as she wobbled on to on Junmyeon.

‘No, I got her.  You get Jongin, I’m not sure he can stand by himself.’ Junmyeon told him taking simple steps with Alex down the hall.

‘BYE BAEKHYUN,’ she yelled over her shoulder, clinging onto Junmyeon to help her.

‘Bye butterfly,’ he shouted back, grinning from ear to ear. 

‘What’s all the noise?’  Chanyeol had opened the door to his and Baekhyun’s place, staring down the hall at the ridiculousness of the scene in front of him. 

Alex didn’t hear him, she was beginning to feel, sloshy, the plain white walls were starting to spin in front of her. 

‘She can’t handle the soju,’ Baekhyun told him, ‘And she thinks she’s Adele,’ he chuckled, Jongin banged his fists down as a fresh wave of giggles exploded inside of him.  ‘Help me get Jongin up, he can’t handle the soju either,’ Baekhyun looked pitifully down at him. 

Junmyeon got her to her apartment door, steadying her as she punched the keycode in very sloppily.  Pushing the door opened, she tripped slightly as she made her way inside.

‘Oh god,’ Junmyeon managed to grab hold of her from behind before she managed to face plant the floor.  ‘Ok, let’s get you into bed,’ he said closing the door behind him as she kicked off her shoes.

She didn’t quite manage to get to the bed, she fell into the sofa face first, mumbling incoherently. 

‘Ok Sleeping Beauty, you need to sleep this off,’ Junmyeon whispered bending down on the sofa next to her.

‘You’re too nice to me.’ She mumbled back, her voice muffled by the soft fabric of the sofa. 

‘I’m nice to everyone,’ he chuckled back at her her hair.

‘You shouldn’t be nice to me.’ She moaned, and before she could even hear his reply, she was asleep, dead to the world.

 

Alex woke up in a daze, with the worst headache of her life.  Peeling herself up off the sofa, she fumbled around for a bottle of water, and two paracetamols.  She settled back onto the sofa, trying to relieve her dry throat with the water, and mentally cringed at herself as small flashbacks of the evening started to come back to her.    

After attempting to go back to sleep for over an hour, her headache had subsided somewhat as the doorbell rang.  Wishing she didn’t have to physically get up to answer the door, she crawled her way across the room to answer. 

Standing looking too tall for the doorframe was Chanyeol. ‘Hi,’ he mumbled awkwardly.

‘Hi,’ she breathed back, the oxygen being squeezed out of her.

‘Can we – can I come in?’ he asked bobbing his foot with anticipation.

‘Ok.’ She stood aside automatically to let him in. 

He took a solemn step inside, casting a shadow down on her.  ‘Can we sit?’ his voice was hollow.

‘Yeah,’ she pointed towards the sofa. 

He chose the far seat of the L-shaped sofa, avoiding the pit she had managed to create for herself while she was asleep.  She took a seat opposite, hesitantly looking over at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter