Chapter 2

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was such a beautiful day, cold, but beautiful.  Clear blue skies, a low winter sun and freezing temperatures. 

Alex settled herself on one of the chairs outside the café she had chosen and was kind of regretting her choice of sitting outside.  She clutched the coffee tightly as if it gave her life, warming her soul.  She adjusted her oversized fluffy hat around her ears and the sunglasses perched on her nose. 

What a strange combination she thought to herself pointlessly sipping the hot coffee, a massive hat in this freezing weather and yet the need for sunglasses wasn’t just for vanity.  The sun, though low in the sky was bright. 

It was early, checking her phone it was 6.30am.   Jet lag was a nuisance, even after a week here she was still waking up at 5am every morning. 

Lighting a cigarette, she looked around.  Although she hated waking up early, she did love this time of the morning.  There weren’t too many people around, and she was the only person in the café.  She watched as groups of people emerged from the subway dressed in suits and thick coats, hats and scarfs.  Finishing the cigarette, she noticed a guy who had walked past a couple of times.  He stood out being so tall.  He wore sunglasses a hat and a scarf wrapped tightly around his face, so she couldn’t tell exactly what he looked like, but he was wearing a thick coat, and ripped jeans.  The give away was the jeans, instead of tailored pants like the majority of everyone else.  She wondered if he was lost having walked past the same stretch of road several times. 

Eventually the tall man walked into the coffee shop she was sat in and came outside with his coffee, sitting almost directly opposite her, with his back to the subway station.  She was curious about him, but didn’t want to seem like she was staring, so she busied herself with her phone taking shy glances towards him whenever she could. 

He seemed to be drinking his coffee weirdly in her opinion.  He kept pulling his scarf down every time he wanted to take a sip and then quickly pulled it back up.  She assumed immediately he was some kind of celebrity, after all Jungmin had told her this neighbourhood was full of them, and so that kind of behaviour was not as weird as she first thought. 

She did wonder who he was though.  If she might know of him or not.  Trying not to stare she took several sly glances his way. 

On the second look, she caught his eye, or so she thought, not really being able to see his eyes through his dark sunglasses.  He did smile at her though, so shyly she smiled back, but something bugged her.  She recognised his smile from somewhere, and surely, she had seen those sunglasses before. 

Looking back down at her phone she realised, it was Chanyeol.  She snapped her head back up looking at him again, his face was still in her direction, although now he had his scarf back around his nose, so she couldn’t tell.  He was so well covered.

Now she felt really nervous, she knew Chanyeol, or of him, she liked him, and she was sure it had to be him.  She didn’t know what to do, did she talk to him? No.  She thought that would be weird.  He lives in this neighbourhood for a reason, to get away from all of that so talking to him was certainly out of the question.  And besides what would she even say to him? Hi, I love your music? No too lame. 

He was cocking his head at her now, she realised, she had been looking over in his direction for several minutes, and inwardly she thanked the lord that she also had the foresight to wear sunglasses too. 

She looked down taking the last sip of her coffee and stood up.  It was now 7.30am, and she had to start writing.  Gathering her things, she made her way past who she thought was Chanyeol, careful not too look at him but taking a chance glance from the corner of her eye, he was looking down playing with a phone. 

She didn’t think any more of it as she made the short way back to the apartment block.  Her mind was filled with new stories and plots that she would try and get down into written form for the rest of the day. 

Walking through the front door of the lobby of the apartment block she wasn’t paying attention and ran straight into someone, dropping her bag with the contents spilling out everywhere.

‘Oh, I’m sorry’ she gasped clutching her scarf and scrambling to pick up her fallen bag.

‘It’s fine don’t worry,’ said the stranger bending down to help her pick up her belongings. 

She barely had a chance to notice the stranger as she stood up straightening herself out, she looked up at the person she had almost mowed down and realised she recognised him.  It was Junmyeon from Exo.  How was she seeing everyone from Exo today?  He smiled down at her as he handed her the fallen purse and phone.  He was taller than she had expected him to be, and a lot more buff.  Even through the big coat he had on she could tell he was trim.  Her voice failed her as she stared at him almost unable to comprehend running head first into him she stood there opening and closing like a dumb fish.

‘Are you ok?’ he asked as the dazzling smile faltered from his face as he became concerned for her. 

‘Ye-yeah-yes, sorry, thank you.’ She stammered out still gobsmacked by who he was.

‘No problem.’ He winked, she took the purse and phone from him as he smiled at her again and turned to walk out the door behind her. 

She stood there stupidly for a second, before realising she was just stood in the middle of the lobby like an idiot.  She shook her head getting back to her senses and quickly made her way to the elevator. 

‘Stupid, stupid, stupid,’ she grumbled to herself as she entered the apartment and threw her bag down and herself into the large sofa. 

One thought did strike her though, Exo was around where she was living.  Junmyeon in the same building even.  The thought distracted her all day, that and the way Junmyeons eyes twinkled as he looked at her.  Unable to write much all day she threw her coat back on deciding she was hungry and left the apartment again to find food. 

It was dark out now, and surprisingly not many people were around.  It was starting to get really cold, so Alex made her way into the first place she found, a small, almost empty noodle bar. 

She settled herself in a dark corner of the room, ordered some noodles and took off her scarf and hat.  As she was settling she looked across the room to see the only other people were a group of 4 men in the opposite corner, some looking in her direction and chatting quietly to each other.  She tried to ignore them as best she could, she was used to this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter