Moving On

If It's Meant To Be

While Jaebum was busy with his album release and upcoming comeback and Eve being too busy to even sleep because of her drama, Hana was busy moving on. She was slowly getting back to her feet.

With Got7’s and Eve’s help, she was getting there. Sure, sleep still doesn’t come and she has resolve to getting sleeping pills again, but at least she’s eating and even going out to town on her own. Eve freaked out the first time she went out without telling her, but after a while, Eve saw the effort and stopped asking about her whereabouts.

After Eve’s drama started airing on TV, Eve was never home anymore. But Hana didn’t mind, her friends had help her enough. Moving on is on her, she can’t expect others to help her move from Sungjin.

Sungjin… Hana sighs. Will she ever get over him? Heck, she can’t even sleep without his voice. She’s trying, she eats and walks around like she doesn’t care anymore. But when night comes, it really hits her then. Their old late night conversations, their long drive in Hana’s old junky car (they even got stranded once) and how he always sings her to sleep.

Guess she should’ve said yes when he said he would record his voice for her, huh?

When August came, Hana was set to forget the man named Sungjin completely. She planned everything and did her fair share of research before breaking the news to Eve.

“Unnie, why are you packing your stuff?” Eve gaped at her friend. There were boxes all around the small apartment. The only place that wasn’t wrapped in plastic was the bedroom. When Eve was going to visit Hana, this was not what she expected to find.

Hana smiles sheepishly, okay, this wasn’t how she wanted to tell Eve. “Eve, calm down. I’m only moving.” Hana says calmly. Eve raises her eyebrow at her, “Moving? Where to? With me?” Hana chuckles at Eve’s reaction and sat down on the bed next to her.

“Moving to this new place I bought.” Eve turns to face her slowly, “Unnie…what are you doing?” Hana smiles, “I’m… moving on.”

“I’ve packed your stuff. You can go back to your apartment now. I’ve sold this place for a pretty good price.” Hana points to Eve’s dark purple suitcase. “And I’m leaving tomorrow. I was going to tell you tonight. You see, I’m opening my own café.” Hana watches as Eve tries to process everything in. Hana pats Eve’s back reassuringly, “Don’t worry. I’m only starting. I’ll text you the address. I’m fine, really I am. Thanks to you.” Eve’s lip finally break into a small sincere smile, “Oh unnie, I knew you could do it. I’m so proud of you.” Eve hugs Hana tightly. Tears were b in Hana’s eyes but she held in it, “You told me that I could do it. You believed in me, thank you for that.”

Eve left with her suitcase in hand. And so Hana continued packing. A new beginning; for the first time in a long time, she was actually excited for something and was even looking forward to it.

***

Sungjin is always seen in the company, fighting hard to keep the relevancy of his band. His other members are always busy practicing and making their performance better. He managed to make up with Jaebum, somehow, his friend isn’t so angry at him anymore. Sungjin couldn’t really blame him, Hana was their princess when they were little. She’s the girl everyone wanted to protect. He’s thankful that Hana isn’t really lonely with Jaebum by her side.

“Sungjin-ssi!” Sungjin halted his steps and glance behind him, Soyee, a staff in JYPE was walking towards him with a smile. “We’ve secured a date. Your group will get a comeback soon.” Her smile got wider, Sungjin smiled back. “That’s great news! Thank you, Soyee-ssi.” Sungjin’s phone rang at that moment, “I have to get this. Thanks again.” Sungjin walks out to the van waiting outside as he answers the phone.

“How did the meeting go?” Jae asks from the other line. “Good news, we’ve secured a date for our comeback. Get the boys ready, we’re going to meet with the staff tonight.”

Sungjin succeeded in fighting for his band. The company is finally listening to what they want to do. They’re a project coming up and that will last for a whole year. If it all works out, it might give them more exposure to the public eye. And so, he and the other members stepped up their game.

It wasn’t until he was helping Brian writing some lyrics when he finally thought about Hana. She hasn’t pop up in his head for a while. Unlike before this, he always has to think about what she needs. Especially about their every night call. Because he knew she couldn’t sleep without his singing.

….So how is Hana? He was suddenly curious. Is she sleeping well even without his singing? Has she moved past her need for him in her life? What is she doing now that she’s not always helping him anymore?

Sungjin froze in the middle of his writing. Right, what does Hana do all day? She’s done with college, she doesn’t come visit him anymore, she doesn’t cook nor clean their dorm. Why had he never realized this before? He never really knows how Hana spends her time. She was always the one who listens to his rambling about his hectic day…

“…Hyung?” Sungjin’s head snap upwards to meet Brian’s eyes. “Huh?” He lets out. Brian stared at him curiously. “I asked you, are you done with the lyrics yet? Is it not suitable for the song?” Sungjin look back down to Brian’s lyric book. “Ah…” He clears his throat, “I can’t think right now. How about we go back to this tomorrow? I’m sort of tired suddenly.” Brian only nods. Sungjin stood up and walk into his room. It’s been months. He was okay before. He will keep being okay. Jaebum didn’t say anything about Hana, so it means everything is okay, right? Surely Jaebum would still tell him if something happened to Hana? They are after all, still friends.

Sungjin sighs and closed his eyes as he lay down in bed. He’s overworked. That’s why his head keeps wandering to other places. He just needs some rest and everything will go on as planned. Have their comeback and retrieve their image back. They already have some very good music in store. He just has to focus on his group for now. That is all he has to do.

 

Or so he thought.

 

 

A/n: Sorry I haven't been updating lately. But I'm back! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading! =)