"They what??"

If It's Meant To Be

“They what??!” Heejin says when Haera picked her up at the airport. “Broke up. For good this time. Jaebum oppa told me.” Haera told her again. “I’m gonna rip out his eyes, make soups out of it and feed it to him!” Heejin screams, obviously angry at Sungjin’s behavior. Haera puts her hand over the older girl’s mouth, “Unnie, hush! You’re drawing attention!” Haera hissed.

Heejin didn’t care. With another curse for Sungjin, she storms out of the airport and into Haera’s car. Their trip back to Sungjin’s house were full of Heejin’s complaints. She keeps on calling her younger brother but he wouldn’t pick up. “Does he know you’re coming back today?” Heejin shakes her head. “He wouldn’t even pick up my calls. That jerk, no wonder he’s avoiding me!” Haera shakes her head with a small smile. Hana really is everyone’s princess.

“Who broke it up?” Heejin asks after a while. “I think it was Hana unnie.” Heejin’s eyes widened, “Hana? Hana broke it off?” Haera nods. “I know, shocker. But I heard that she wanted to end it because Sungjin was getting beaten by their manager. I heard he’s going to be change soon though. Sungjin filed a report-”

“MY BROTHER IS GETTING BEATEN BY A STUPID MANAGER??!” Haera jumps when Heejin raised her voice, angry at the fact. Didn’t she threaten to feed her brother his own eye soup a while ago? “Unnie, stop making me jump like that.” Haera sighs and turn into a corner, Heejin’s home is getting closer. “Like I said, Sungjin filed a report. They’ll be fine.” Heejin frowns, “I guess that’s why he broke it off with Hana? To save his group’s image and all that?” Haera nods, “Apparently so, unnie.” Heejin shakes her head disapprovingly, “That’s just wrong. Hana was there before he even thought of becoming a singer.” Haera agrees, “She also moved from the apartment Sungjin got for her.”

“SHE WHAT??!” Haera jumps again in surprise for the second time, “Unnie!” She warns. Heejin quickly apologizes, “Sorry. But Hana…moving out… Wow, they really broke up for good, huh?” Haera nods again. “What is he going to tell mum and dad? They will kick his stupid for letting a girl like Hana go. Did he think girls like her grow on trees??” Haera understands this one too. After being friends with Jaebum, and then getting closer to Sungjin and Hana, she knew all the ‘Hana is too good for Sungjin’ thing. After years of spending time together, she agreed too. Sungjin really is taking Hana for granted without even realizing it. Also, just acting like a boyfriend because of the title ‘boyfriend’ doesn’t make him a good boyfriend. …Does that make sense?

Haera parked her car in front of Heejin’s house. She realized then, Sungjin was merely doing his ‘job’ as a boyfriend. Over the years, he just got used to it. He’s barely sincere about it or meant it from his heart. It’s like a habit now. Maybe he’ll get a slap from reality soon… Sungjin was everything to Hana. It’s time he realized Hana was his everything all along.

“Drop by for some tea or mum will kill me.” At this Haera chuckled. “Why? Did your mum say something when I left last time?” Heejin let out a laugh too, “Don’t even mention it. She won’t shut up about it. Says its bad manners not to at least make you drink before you leave.” Haera exits her car when Heejin did. “I kinda have a feeling I’ll even eat lunch here.” They both laugh at this and then entered the house.

***

Heejin was tapping her foot in front of Got7’s practice room, waiting for the manager to bring Jaebum out. Instead, they invited her in. Heejin had a way of making everyone do what she says. The JYPE staff has long stopped her from inviting herself to see her brother or even Jaebum.

“Oh, you guys are having lunch. Sorry for bothering you.” She smiles, sitting down next to Jaebum, not looking sorry at all. “You’re not sorry noona, but we can pretend.” Bambam jokes. Heejin laughs and wink at him. Jackson grins at her, “Hi noona!” He beams, the others following his greetings. Heejin greets them all with the same enthusiasm. Jaebum hands her a drink and asks, “So, what do you want to know?” Heejin put her hair to one side and smiles at him, “Everything.”

All the Got7 members stopped what they were doing and stared at each other. But Jaebum, apparently used to it only cleared his throat before telling her, well, everything. He knew what she was talking about without even her saying. Sungjin and Hana. Haera warned him how angry Heejin is at what Sungjin has done. But Haera has been away when it all happened, so that leaves only Jaebum to spill everything out.

“That’s it?” Heejin scoffs, not satisfied with Jaebum’s information. “I thought you were there with her? Didn’t she tell you what happened? How they broke up? Who said that and who said this? Details Jaebum, I need details!” Jaebum shrugs. “Isn’t Eve-ssi the one who stayed with Hana noona 24/7 even before the break up happened?” Yugyeom asks outloud, not noticing how Jaebum’s face changed and looking at the youngest like he wants to strangle him. Jinyoung meanwhile, chuckles. He knew Jaebum was avoiding bringing Eve into the topic.

Heejin raises her eyebrow at Jaebum, “We have a new addition to the family, why didn’t you tell me?” Jaebum shrugs and then look at her as if the answer was obvious. He avoided answering the question and said, “Eve is Hana’s new found friend. And like Yugyeom said, she’s the one that has been with Eve since everything started to…fall apart? I don’t know what to call it but yes, if you want the full story, Eve should be the one who knows best.” Heejin claps her hands excitedly, “Yay! A new friend! Where can I find her?” She smiles innocently at Jaebum again. But Jaebum isn’t falling for it, “She’s busy noona. Don’t go butting into her business.” But Heejin waved it away like it was nothing. “Tsk. Tsk. Wrong answer Jaebeommie. I’m starting to think there’s something you’re hiding from me.” At this, Jinyoung had to stop himself from snorting. Yep, Jaebum is so, so dead.

“If you won’t tell me, I’m sure Hae will crack. You know, you have to stop making her fetch me when you or Sungjin can’t. We talked about this.” She smiles that smile at him again. Jaebum groans, “Don’t you have other things to do? We have practice you know.” Heejin shrugs and then stands up. “You’re no fun.” She pouts, making everyone laugh. “I’m gonna go visit Hana.” Jaebum’s eyes widened and before he can say anything, Heejin spoke up first, “And no, you can’t stop me. Maybe the mystery girl will be there. Who knows?” She waves everyone goodbye and skips through the door. “Ahhh, noona!” Jaebum calls after her but she only smirks.

“Heejin noona never change, does she?” Youngjae laughs. Jackson pats his back, “Dude, I hope she never changes. Look at how fun she is!” Mark shakes his head next to the two boys. He saw Jinyoung’s face expressions; Jinyoung knew something the other members don’t. Mark made a mental note to ask the younger as they all cleaned up after their lunch.

***

That was how Hana found herself another waitress. Heejin came, smiled at her as a greeting, took an apron which she found at the back and started to take orders.

“Unnie, you don’t have to do this…” Hana tried even though she knew it wouldn’t stop the older girl. Of course, Heejin only smiled, “I want to talk. I don’t want the ‘busy’ excuse so I’m helping out.” Heejin explains as if Hana didn’t know what she was doing. When Heejin was onto the third table, Hana gave up.

She knew Heejin didn’t bring Sungjin because she heard that Day6 is making their first comeback after Junhyuk left. But…If Heejin know where she lives now, does that mean Sungjin does too? Hana bites her lip, maybe she’ll get a glimpse of her ex-boyfriend? She then closes her eyes and sighs. No, Eve said, “Out of sight, out of mind.”. But somehow, that doesn’t work on Hana. She still stared at their pictures every night (and day, mind you.), she always plays Day6’s debut album on repeat just to wait for his turn to sing, she still… “Unnie, did you hire a new part-timer?”

Hana snapped out of her thoughts when Eve came with the supplies for the coffees. They were so many customers today, they ran out of stock. The business is indeed blooming. Before Hana could answer, Heejin pops up, “So you’re Eve! Wow, you’re such a looker. Has anybody told you that you rock your all black outfit? Is this a thing? You and black?” Heejin was looking at Eve from top to bottom. Eve kept her poker face on, waiting for an explanation. “You’re not a model, are you? But wow, those long legs should be adored by the world! I would be your number one fan!” Heejin smiles cheekily, but Eve didn’t budge. “Hmm, tough crowd. Oh wait, I haven’t introduced myself, I’m Park Heejin! Hana’s childhood friend oh and, Sungjin’s sister.” She puts out her hand for a shake, but Eve merely looked at it before turning to Hana for an explanation.

Hana wasn’t at all surprised at how Heejin was, she’s always like that. Bright and oh so very cheerful. Eve was different, she doesn’t even smile at random strangers unless she has to. And after hearing that Heejin is Sungjin’s sister, she doubts Eve would be liking Heejin soon.

“Eve, this is Heejin unnie. She’s almost like a real sister to me. Yes, we grew up together along with Jaebum. Unnie, this is Evelyn Huang, she’s…” Eve stops her there, “My name is Eve, a friend of Hana.” She introduced herself curtly. Heejin was still smiling, “Strong personality. I like it. No wonder you got Hana moving on like this.” Eve raises her eyebrow, “What are you doing here?” She asks instead, making Heejin chuckle. “Relax! I’m not a bad person. See? I’m helping! We’re gonna have dinner together, just us three, after we close the café, okay? Don’t leave without my permission!” Just like that Heejin turns around to clean a table. Eve let out a small scoff, what was that all about?

 

 

 

A/n: Hello new subbie! Welcome to this little fanfic that is literally dead ha ha XD. But do not worry, I will finish it. I think my writer's block is somewhat lifted? To all the readers (silent ones included), I hope you enjoyed this chap. See ya at the next update! =)