Yours Truly Café

If It's Meant To Be

Hana didn’t want to be a bother. So she practically did everything on her own. She bought the building, chose the decorations and opened the café on her own.

‘Yours Truly Café’ is unique because it was half café and half a library/gallery. Hana doesn’t read much but Jaebum and Eve does. They gave her the idea to give coffee and book lovers a place to stay and relax. This is because most libraries don’t allow you to bring drinks while you read. The gallery was her idea. She never told anyone or realized until recently that she loved taking photos. Sungjin bought her a camera for her 20th birthday and she couldn’t stop taking pictures ever since. Hence, the numerous photo albums she created. Since she still like taking pictures but has nowhere to put them, she decided she’ll just hang them in the café. She’ll change the pictures each month according to the theme of the month because yes, ‘Yours Truly Café’ is a themed café.

Another fun trait of the café is that you can write a card anonymously and sign it as “Yours truly” to give to your crush. And if you don’t have the guts to give it to him/her, you can just hang it on the wall. The cards would stay there for the whole year so anyone can take it off just in case they want to give it to their crush (when they find the courage to).

With all the preparations that she did, it was no wonder that it became a hit on the day of the opening. She promoted the café heavily, so a lot of people heard of it. Eve was there with her in the opening. Jaebum couldn’t come because he was already making a comeback.

Eve smiles proudly at her friend, finally. She is finally loving herself. Look at all the things she could achieve on her own. She has so much potential, thought Eve. Eve looked around and was even more amazed at how everything turned out. Maybe she didn’t have to worry a lot after all. Hana can do anything if she puts her mind to it.

***

Sungjin stared at the stranger in front of him. Thank goodness he hasn’t put down his mask just yet. “Excuse me, isn’t this Kang Hana’s apartment?” He asks, finally finding his voice. The young lady in front of him shakes her head, “She sold this apartment. Who are you?” Sungjin raised his eyebrows, sold her apartment? Why did no one tell him that? “I’m her bo- friend. I’m a close friend of hers.” The lady stared at him curiously. Probably thinking why he didn’t know she moved if he was a close friend. Sungjin clears his throat, “Do you know where she moved?” The lady shakes her head once again, “All I know is that she opened a new café.” Sungjin was surprised once again. He didn’t know Hana even wanted to open a café. She never mentioned it to him at all. He said his thanks and left the building.

He called Jaebum the moment he entered his (the company’s) car. “Jaebum-ah.” He greets the younger. “Hyung, we’re about to go on a talk show, what is it?” Sungjin sighs, Jaebum sure is busy. “Why didn’t you tell me Hana moved?” Jaebum, who was on the other line stopped himself from rolling his eyes. Now he wants to find Hana, huh? “I was too busy. It slipped my mind. Beside, you never ask about her anymore.” He’s got a point. “Where’s her new place?” Jaebum turns his head when his manager called his name, “I don’t know.” He lies through the phone. “I haven’t got the time to visit her yet. Eve knows though.” This was true though. Sungjin sighs again. “I gotta go hyung. Bye.” He hangs up.

Sungjin stared at his phone. Jaebum is making him work for the information. It has always been like that. Jaebum never gives him any information about Hana for free or easily since the two started dating and having arguments. Sungjin always ends up having to work for the information. This time, he has to go find the girl name Eve.

It wasn’t hard to find Eve. Everyone knew the hardworking newcomer. She was still always on the set of her drama. Helping everyone with everything. Like her, she was making him work for the information. When he went to find her, she told him she was too busy. And so the wild goose chase started. She’ll avoid and hide from him and he continues to make her talk to him. It wasn’t easy too, since he was still busy with his band. But he made time, because the more time passed, the more curious he got.

Alas, he caught her when she was waiting for the bus to arrive. “We’ll attract attention if you don’t stop doing this.” She threatens when he sat down next to her in the bus stop. Sungjin shrugs, “Jaebum said you hate unwanted attention. What if your sunbaes find out about this?” Eve sighs and glared at him, he has more to lose but he’s right; she hates unwanted attention. Sungjin points at his car not too far away, “Car or bus stop?” Eves scoffs and stood up, walking to the direction of his car.

“What do you want anyway?” She snaps the moment they got their seatbelts on. Wow, Sungjin thought, this is going to be difficult. “Where do you live?” He asks, but she didn’t answer. “Why do you want to know anything about Hana at all?” Sungjin sighs again, “We are still friends you know, even if she said otherwise.” Eve scoffs, “Of course, and that is why Jaebum-ssi directed you to me, right?” She shakes her head, “Look, Sungjin-ssi., I don’t care what you feel. You’re not entering Hana’s life again.” Sungjin bites his lip, “I’m just trying to… I just want to know where she lives now. Is that so wrong?” Eve rolls her eyes, “Bull. She doesn’t need you anymore. You’re just afraid that it might just be true.” And with that, she unbuckled her seatbelt and exits the car. She caught the bus right before it left, not sparing him another look. Sungjin watch her go, since when did Hana find such a strong friend?

Jaebum, it seems, agreed with Eve. “Hyung,” Jaebum says over the phone after a finishing a schedule. “Hana is doing fine. You don’t have to bother her anymore.” Sungjin wanted to punch the guy, he wants to see for himself. Is that so hard to understand? “Just tell me where she is Jaebum-ah.” Sungjin tried to sound demanding. “No.” Jaebum’s tone cut his. “She’s moving on. You told me you don’t need her anyway. Well, she’s trying to cope without you. Don’t ruin this for her. I won’t forgive it if you do.” If no one knew better, they would’ve thought Jaebum was the hyung.

So Sungjin resorted to finding Hana’s café by himself. He didn’t tell s but everyone knew. After the numerous phone calls with Jaebum, you didn’t have to be a genius to know he was looking for Hana.

Surprisingly, it didn’t take him long. Hana’s café was quite popular. Everyone who lives near the street it opened seem to be loving the place. Sungjin drove to the third address he found (He’s been searching for all the new café that has just opened). He was sure this is it. He just knew. And indeed, as he parked his car in front of the small second story building, he saw Hana walking around serving drinks with a soft smile on her face. Something thug his heartstrings, is he missing her? Jaebum’s right, it’s been months. He was already moving on, no, he already moved on.

So why is he so desperately looking for Hana months after their break up? Sungjin read the café’s name, “Yours Truly Café”. Why did she gave it such a…romantic name when she just got her heart broken? Is she still…waiting for him?

Sungjin quickly started his engine and drove away. This is just a small mistake. This is possible, right? Him, missing his ex-girlfriend just a little bit? He was just curious, that’s all. He tried to convince himself. He doesn’t want her back. He just misses her…her presence. Yeah, he just got used to it. He’ll get used to being single too.

***

Meanwhile, when Hana turned around after serving coffee to a group of teenagers, she blinks when she thinks she saw Sungjin driving away. Sungjin? She shakes her head. No, impossible. Jaebum and Eve promised her they won’t tell him about her new place. She can’t face him…just yet. A new customer arrives and she quickly throws him a smile. She’s moving on; hallucinating that her ex-boyfriend checking up on her is not helping her one bit.

Of course she has dreamt of it so many times. Sungjin getting worried, Sungjin being curious about her, Sungjin this and Sungjin that. But she knew it couldn’t be. She was the one who always check up on him. He visits her when she asks him to. He cares about her when she asks for his help. Come to think of it, Hana couldn’t remember the last time Sungjin asks her if she was okay. Maybe Eve was right; it was all in her head. She and Sungjin kept acting like they were the perfect couple when they were…not. Maybe that’s why everything blew up. Maybe that’s why Sungjin didn’t even look for her after the break up.

 

 

A/n: I really am back guys hahaha. I'll update more soon. Again, sorry I was MIA. I don't know if  you're still reading but if you are, thank you <3 See you at the next update!