Prologue

If It's Meant To Be

“1 2 3….10! Ready or not, here I come!” Six year old Sungjin stopped counting and opened his blindfolds. He walked away from the tree he has been counting from and starts to search for the others (which consist of his sister and two friends) “Heejin noona! Jaebum ah! Hana yah!” He shouts, trying to figure out where they all are.

Five year old Jaebum crouched down low behind a very thick bush while seven year old Heejin was hidden behind a tree just behind him. “I think someone is behind a tree!” Sungjin shouts teasingly. He was just guessing of course, but Heejin quickly switch her hiding spot, running towards Jaebum who complained immediately. “Noona, if we are both here we’ll be seen!” But Heejin didn’t want to move, “If you stay quiet we won’t!” She hissed back. Jaebum glared at her, “This is my hiding spot! I was here first!” He whines but Heejin still didn’t budge. Meanwhile, Sungjin’s smile got wider, having heard the not so quite whispered fights, he approaches the big bush where he suspects they were hiding. “See noona?! He’s coming!” Heejin pulled Jaebum closer to the ground and put a finger to her lips to try and shush him. But then, Sungjin’s steps were halted when a very familiar scream was heard. Sungjin’s eyes widen and he quickly turns around to the direction of the scream. It also made Jaebum and Heejin stand up and look each other. Their hide and seek game forgotten. “That sounds like Hana!” Heejin gasps and ran to follow Sungjin who ran so fast he was already out of sight. Jaebum hurried to catch up.

Sungjin found a five year old Hana, crying with her right arm bleeding on the ground. “Hana!” He gasps, pulling his shirt over his head to use it to try and stop the bleeding. “O-o-oppa!” She cries harder, “It hurts!” Sungjin didn’t know what to do, so he just held her in his arms, trying not to panic. When Heejin arrived, she took one look at her friend and sped off again. “Noona, where are you going?!” Jaebum, who just arrive, asks. “Come on, we need to get an adult!” She tells him. Jaebum, once again, sped off to follow her.

Sungjin starts to look around to see what made Hana fall or what caused the bleeding but then a moment later realized that she had stop crying. “Hana? Hana!” His eyes widen when he realized that his friend had her eyes closed and wasn’t moving. Why is she not moving? Is she dead??! His eyes started to sting and tears started to flow, “Hana wake up! Please wake up!” He started to panic but stop himself just in time; he needs to do something. So, after wiping his tears (resulting in getting the blood on his face), he starts to carry Hana. Hospital, he needs to go to the hospital! He just has to remember how… Sungjin tripped and almost fell with Hana’s weight but he pulled through.

A honking sound startled the small Sungjin, making him turn around. It was the Kang’s car. “Uncle, aunty! Hana’s hurt!” His knees gave up and he fell to the ground. He grunted when his knees scrape the ground, but made sure that Hana didn’t hit the ground too hard. Mrs. Kang rushed out of the car and carried Hana for him. Mr. Kang urges her to hurry and she did. “You too, Sungjin ah!” Mr. Kang shouts, making Sungjin stand up and limp as fast as he can to the backseat of the car.

The day went by as a blur. The Kangs called the Parks to tell them that Sungjin was with them and what happened that day. Apparently, Hana has fainted due to shock and blood loss. Sungjin later found out what caused the bleeding. Hana was bitten off by a dog in the park they were playing at. It must’ve been quite deep because the doctors said it will leave a nasty scar. But Sungjin was just happy that his friend was all right. He also insisted that he has to stay so that Hana can get better. His mother had to bring him some clean clothes to change because Hana had to stay one night at the hospital.

“I don’t know what would happen to our Hana if it wasn’t for them.” Mrs. Kang says when Mrs. Park and Mrs. Lim came to the hospital. Heejin and Jaebum wanted to visit her too. Mrs. Park hugged her, “I’m sure Hana would do the same. It’s good news that she would be able to recover.” Mrs. Kang smiles and nods, “Except for the nasty scar though.” Mrs. Lim also pats her shoulder softly, “It could’ve been worse.” Mrs. Kang agreed. “Still, thank you though. You should’ve seen your son carrying my daughter in his arms. When I asked him about it, he told me he was trying to get to the hospital! And Heejin and Jaebum, if the two didn’t go to find us, we would have never gotten here in time.” At that moment, the door to Hana’s room opened, revealing a very excited Sungjin. “Mum! Mum! Did you bring my guitar?!” Mrs. Park scowled at how loud her son is being but answered him anyway, he did do a good deed today, “It’s on the couch, Sungjin ah.” Sungjin grins excitedly and went in again. Mrs. Park shakes her head, “Ever since his father lend Sungjin his old guitar, he has never stopped playing it. Not that he ever played anything properly I think.” She says, making Mrs. Kang and Mrs. Lim laugh. Soon, they heard the guitar playing and Sungjin singing. When the group of mothers entered the room, they found Sungjin with the guitar, Jaebum dancing in front of Hana’s bed and Heejin clapping along.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Here's the prologue. Doesn't tell you much about the story huh? Well, I'll actually post the first chapter tonight so, stay tune! Oh and, I hope you guys give this story a shot. I'm trying hard to make it good. Even though it's a Sungjin centered fic, there is a lot of Jaebum too. I'll write based on the comments. I'll give you guys more Jaebum if you want to, haha. Anyway, don't forget to go online at night, like I mentioned earlier, the first official chapter will be posted tonight. Thank you for reading! Please leave comments on how you think the story will go or how is it so far.

Ps: My chapters will be longer than this.