Lonely and drunk (is not a good combination)

If It's Meant To Be

Hana knew it was true. She saw him. She knows it’s him.

Does he still care? Why is he suddenly looking for her?

Hana gulped down another cup of soju. She winced at the bitter taste; she never liked drinking alcohol. But she wanted to get drunk. She overthinks when she’s sober. She only drank half of the bottle and she was already drunk. Not just tipsy, but drunk drunk. She smiles a crooked grin.

Hana reaches for the phone in front of her. Eve deleted Sungjin’s number just in case she feels like calling her ex-boyfriend. But that has never stopped Hana before. What was Eve thinking? She got Sungjin memorized and knew him like the palm of her hands.

“Oppa..” She hiccups the moment she heard Sungjin answering the phone. He answered faster than she thought he would. But she could feel how hesitant he was. He was never hesitant with her before. Before everything happened, he was always so sure with her. Down to what she would do before bed.

“Hana-yah…Why are you call- Wait­, are you drunk?” Hana smiles crookedly again and hiccupped. “I think I’m a teensy weensy drunk. Hehehe…” She lets out a giggle. This is suddenly funny to her. “Oppa, can you hear that?” Hana was playing Day6’s debut album and his voice just came out, “I regret not letting you record your voice to me after all…” Hana went on and on about how she regretted everything but she had tried her best. She apologized for never being enough for such a successful and talented as him. She stood up wobbly and walk around and around her living room, “I kinda miss you oppa.” She starts to tear up, “I feel lonely here. I always seem to smile when I’m with you. But then again… I guess you don’t miss me enough to give me a call? Am I really the only one who gave it all in this relationship of ours?”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the phone, Sungjin was panicking. A drunk Hana is a dangerous Hana. Not to the people around her, but to herself. Day6 just arrived in their dorm after a full day of committing to their schedules. “Hana…? What was that crashing sound I heard?” Hana hiccupped again before answering. “There are glasses on the floor oppa! Hehehe… Pretty glass…”

“Wonpil! I’m going out!” Sungjin shouts to the younger who was just coming out from the shower. “Hana do not touch glass! No touching-” Too late. Hana was already crying in pain, “Ahhhh… Oppa it hurts! The pretty glass hurts!” Sungjin cursed. “Taxi!” He hailed one the moment he reached the road.

Hana was on the group in her own pool of blood. At first, she stepped onto the broken soju bottle. And because it stings because of the alcohol, she tried to peel the glass using her free hand and that resulted in cutting her hand again. “Ahhh….Oppaaa… Come quickly!” She cries harder.

“Step on it, I’ll pay you double.” Sungjin told the taxi driver. The driver only looked at him once before accelerating. Thankfully, the traffic wasn’t so bad that night. He paid the taxi driver and rushed into Hana’s living room. But it was locked and his patience is running out.

“Hana-yah? Chagiyah, I need you to open the door for me, okay? Can you do that?” Hana sniffs and frown. It hurts to stand up, and she told him that. “I know, I know. But you want to meet oppa right? Open the door and I’ll help you.” Hana hopped on one leg and slowly made her way to her main door. She unlocked it and there was Sungjin standing outside, panting and sweating.

Sungjin took in the first proper view of Hana after months of breaking up. “Hana!” He gasps after seeing all the blood on her. Hana dropped the phone and cried when she saw him. She doesn’t even know if she’s crying because of him or because of the wound anymore. All she knows was that it hurts. Sungjin entered the living room and closed the door.

He saw the broken bottle and made a mental note to clean it later. He took Hana to the couch and examined the wound. Hana had stop crying after Sungjin promised not to leave her. “We need to go to the hospital.” He decided for her. The cut was too deep and there was too many blood to see clearly. He didn’t want to risk the glass getting stuck inside if he cleans the wound himself. He did the best he could though, covering the wound until the reach the hospital. “Come on, I’ll carry you.” He piggybacks Hana while he hailed another cab. He brought her to the emergency center where the doctor properly tends to the wound.

“She lost quite a lot amount of blood because both the cuts are quite deep. But I’ve managed to stop the bleeding and if she gets enough rest, she would be okay.” Sungjin nods his head as the doctor speaks. “There is one thing though,” The doctor adds, making Sungjin look at him. “Miss Kang is losing quite a lot amount of sleep. Her already frail body is too tired to be working for a while so I suggest that she decrease her work load and work on how to manage her health.” Sungjin bites his lip.

The lullaby. She can’t sleep without it.

“You can take her home now. These are some painkillers in case she needs some. Remember to make her rest, okay?” Sungjin nods again. “I’ll remember. Thank you doctor.”

Back at her place, Sungjin made her wash and change her clothes as he did too. Her way of arranging stuff hasn’t changed much. He still knew how to find almost everything in here. As he rummages her closet, he found some of his old clothes still piled up and changed into those. He didn’t want to stay in his clothes because after carrying Hana, some of the blood has stained his own clothes.

After he sets her onto her bed, he went out to clean the mess she made. He was just washing his hands when he heard Hana’s short scream. He knew that scream.

“Nightmare?” He say as he went to sit beside her. Hana blinks her eyes rapidly and touched her scarred forearm. Hana nods and looks at him dazedly. She’s not completely sober it seems. Sungjin shakes his head before going into the bed with her. He tucks her under his arm and started singing a soft lullaby, one of her favourites.

Hana held onto him the whole night. The moment he kissed her forehead before sleeping next to her; Sungjin knew he was screwed.

 

 

 

 

A/n: The c/p thing worked this time! So here's a short update. Thanks for reading!