So screwed.

If It's Meant To Be

Sungjin woke up earlier than Hana did. But that was only because Hana had a rough night and his phone is ringing non-stop.

“What?” He answered his phone with his free hand. Hana was still using his arm as a pillow. “HYUNG WHERE ARE YOU?!” Wonpil’s voice boomed into his ears. Sungjin refrained himself from cursing at his bandmate’s voice. “I’m at… oh .” He shakes his sleep away and slowly got out of bed. “. . .” So much for trying not to curse.

“I’m coming.” He says, gathering his things. He takes one last look at Hana and gave in to kissing her forehead before leaving.

Habits. He reasons with himself. It’s hard to change.

He texted Jaebum about Hana in the taxi he managed to get. When he arrived in the dorm, Dowoon was the one who informed him that they manage to send their manager out for a while to buy him some time. Sungjini thanked them but avoided their eyes.

He realized now that everyone knew him too well. Nobody questioned him about the past few months after the break up as if they were waiting for him to wake up from his little dream himself. Nobody even tried to stop him from looking for Hana after the break up. And last night, not one of them called or text him to ask where he went. It was as if they already knew.

He sighs, taking off his shirt and then heading for a quick shower. He finished just as their manager arrived with some snacks.

In a corner, Jae slipped Brian 10 dollars. “I told you he would make it.” Brian smirks at the older. Jae can only roll his eyes.

***

Jaebum read the text just as they finished an early schedule. It was the only schedule he has that day. “What is it?” Haera asks. She was there to have brunch with him since it has been a while since they’ve hung out. “It’s Hana…” He calls Eve immediately. “Where are you?”

Eve groans as she answers the call, “Home.” She closes her eyes and pulled her blankets. She was cold, it was raining when she got home a couple of hours ago. “If you’re going to nag about my food-”

“I’m not. It’s Hana. Something happened last night.” Eve’s eyes sprang opened and sat up, “What’s wrong with her?” She got out of bed and searched for her bag.

“I’m not sure. Sungjin hyung just sent me a text. It looks like she drank last night.” Eve cursed (yes, in Chinese) and said, “I’m on my way.”

“You brought your car, right?” Jaebum asks Haera as he walks faster. Haera fumbles for her key in her bag. She struggles to keep up with Jaebum’s pace and almost tripped but he caught her. “Here.” She gave him her car key. Jaebum took it, held her hand and pulled her along so they would run faster.

Little did he know, Haera was turning pink behind him and her heart was beating faster and faster. And it was not because they were running.

He let her hand go the moment they reach the car though. Haera could only watch as he opens the door for her, hold her head so she would bump into the car as he pushes her gently inside and then closing the door for her before going to the driver seat.

***

Eve stumbled into Hana’s living room, feeling a bit dizzy but shrugs it off. She looks around the place and realized that nothing was out of the ordinary. “Unnie!” She calls out. She went straight into Hana’s room and found her friend sound asleep on the bed.

Eve slowly pry the blankets open to see if Hana was hurt somewhere. Indeed, she saw the bandaged right hand and left foot. Eve sighs, why is she so careless? Pressing the speed dial, she called Jaebum.

“Unnie’s fine. Don’t worry. She hurt herself though. I think she broke the soju’s glass or something.” She reported. It reminds her of the time where she and Jaebum would call each other in a daily basis just to report updates about Hana.

Jaebum sighs in relief from the other line. “Stay, we’re almost there.” Eve raises her eyebrows, we? She was just about to ask who else was coming when a coughing frenzy came, she even sneeze twice for good measure. She cursed and wiped her nose with the tissue in Hana’s room.

“Are you sick?” Jaebum was quick to ask. No wonder she sounded different.

“I think so. I mean, no.” Eve groans, making Jaebum bit back a smile. Ever since Jaebum invited himself into her life, nagging her about this and that, Eve have somewhat became more comfortable with him. He always seem to manage to make her tell him what’s going on and always detected any of her little lies. It’s annoying and confusing her.

“It’s because of the rain isn’t it?” He guessed.

“Yeah, I was soaked on the way home. But don’t bother, I’m sure it’ll go away soon.” Eve tells him. Jaebum did a little scoff, yeah right, he thought. She’s just too lazy to take care of herself better.

After they hung up, Eve went to the kitchen to make a hot drink for herself. But then she realized that both the pantry and fridge were close to being empty. What is this? She thought to herself. Is Hana going back to the way she was?

Come to think of it. Who bandaged her wounds? Who cleaned up the mess? Who changed her clothes? Eve went back to Hana’s room and finally saw the dirty laundry in her basket. It contains not only Hana’s clothes now. Eve shakes her head with a sigh.

Who else is it? It has gotta be Sungjin. Ah, right, “…Sungjin hyung sent me a text.” How did she missed that part of the conversation? It was Sungjin who was with Hana last night.

A knock from the door made Eve wake up from her thoughts. “Oppa?” She asks. “It’s me.” Jaebum answered from outside. Eve fasten her pace and opened the door, revealing Jaebum and Haera. Jaebum entered first and then beckon Haera to do the same. They both brought something. Before Eve could say something about the medicine in Jaebum’s hand, he introduced her to his childhood friend Haera. Eve made a quick bow, “I’m Eve. Nice to meet you.” Haera bowed too, “I’m Haera. Nice to meet you too.” Jaebum chuckled at their awkward introductions.

“Is Hana asleep?” Jaebum asks. Eve nods and closed the door behind them. “She’s definitely drunk. I can smell the distinct soju on her.” They entered the kitchen where Eve finally saw the porridge the bought.

“We haven’t had breakfast.” Jaebum explained. “And you need to eat your medicines.” He looks at Eve. Eve glared at him, “Why are you always doing unnecessary thing, oppa? I told you it’d go away some-” Eve was forced to stop when Jaebum put his hand on her forehead. He raised his eyebrow at her, “A fever too. You’re going to sleep it over again, then?” He smirks knowingly. Eve rolls her eyes and swats his hand away. “Stop being such a know-it-all.” Jaebum chuckles and ruffles her hair.

Eve just laughed but then her eyes travelled to Haera who was watching them intently. Their eyes met and suddenly Eve has this gut feeling that Haera actually looks hurt watching the two of them interact. Haera was the first one to look away. “Oppa, let’s eat.” This time Eve watches as Haera smiles sweetly to Jaebum. Jaebum finally turns to look at her, “Ah right, food. Come on Eve ah.” Eve took a seat across the two of them.

Haera poured water and gave it to Jaebum, in which he swiftly hands it to Eve first. Eve said her thanks and quickly turns her attention to Haera who was pouting as she poured another glass of water for him again. This just confirmed Eve’s suspicion, Jaebum’s pretty childhood friend has a crush on him. She can’t tell whether or not he knows about this.

After eating, Haera was the one who cleaned up and refused their helped. That made Eve kinda guilty, why is she doing that? Is she trying to earn points from Jaebum or something? Jaebum seems to have gotten used to it because he was busy making Eve eat all of her medicines.

“You can take my car oppa-” Jaebum gave Haera a look the moment she suggested that. Eve had just gotten to bed, sleeping next to Hana and they were just about to leave.

“Don’t even start Hae. I’ll send you home and take a taxi from there. Come on, you can tell me how much you hate your boss on our way home.” Haera smiles and gave him a nod. He went to check on Hana (and Eve) before leaving and locking the door. He would’ve forgotten to update Sungjin if Haera didn’t remind him of it. So he quickly sent a text before driving off.

***

Sungjin finished his schedule a little after noon. The day was windy and colder than usual so he wrapped himself in his coats and shawl before leaving the dorm. This time, Brian slipped Jae 10 dollars as Jae smirks, “I told you he’s getting reckless. Once he gets a taste of how much he misses her, he’ll always come back.” Brian rolls his eyes and entered his bedroom.

It was quite when Sungjin entered the living room. He made a mental note to take the keys before he left the place because somehow he knew he was going to come back. He wanted to duplicate the key but thought he’d better ask for permission or else he was just being hella creepy and stalker-ish.

He opened his coat and put it on the couch, about to check on Hana in her room when he heard coughing in the kitchen. He quickly changed his way and entered the kitchen instead, thinking it was Hana who caught a cold. She always forgets to turn on the heater when it gets cold outside and-

“Why the hell are you here?”

Screwed. He was so so screwed.

Because instead of meeting Hana, he bumped into the tall and over-protective friend. Eve. Of course. She’s everywhere. Always by Hana’s side. Sungjin inwardly cursed.

 

 

 

 

A/n: I didn't proof read this haha because I'm too busy but I wanna update so yeah. What do you think of the story so far? What do you think Eve would say to Sungjin? Or maybe you think Heejin and Eve is minding Hana's and Sungjin's relationship a little too much? Like, it's not even their problem? Tell me haha I wanna hear what you guys think. Alright then, see ya at the next update!