Happy Times

If It's Meant To Be

“Hana? Hana!” Sungjin snaps his fingers in front of his 6 years girlfriend. “Chagiya~?” He tries again, a little louder than before. Hana blinks before shaking her head and then turning to Sungjin. “Oh oppa, you’re back.” She smiles, unconsciously touching the scar on her forearm. They were in the waiting room of the After School Club show. “Yeah, we just finish filming. Have you been waiting long?” Sungjin asks, taking a seat next to her on the couch. Hana shakes her head as she takes out a bottle of water from her bag and giving it to him. “I just got here.” She lies. She’s been waiting for an hour since that was the time that Sungjin gave to her but unfortunately the show was extended so it ended later than expected.

“You’re a bad liar, chagiya.” Sungjin says knowingly, gulping the water she gave to him. Hana just shrugs and smiles, “I’m okay with the wait. As long as I get to meet you, I’m fine.” She takes out a tissue next and dab the sweat on his forehead as she speaks. “You’re working very hard and here I am still jobless. You bought me everything I needed and even help me pay my rent. Waiting is the least I can do.” Sungjin stops her hand that was gently dabbing his sweat as to not ruin his make-up and pulled him to her. Their lips met as he kissed her and she closed her eyes, kissing him back. He was smiling when he pulled back, “If the next words you say are about you paying me back again I will really get mad, chagiya.” Hana blushed before hitting him slightly on the shoulder. He just pulled her close to him again, hugging her tightly, “Ahh…I’ve missed you.” He says, closing his eyes and resting his head on her shoulder. Hana smiles, patting his back, “I missed you too, chagi.”

It has been like that since Sungjin started to train in JYPE. They had less time together which mean they can barely see each other. The dating ban didn’t stop them from dating in secret and all the members of Day6 know about their leader’s girlfriend. They kept it well from the company. Sungjin didn’t slack off even when he has a girlfriend, instead, he worked harder. He knows Hana was struggling with balancing her studies and her part-time job so he wanted to earn money faster so he can support her like a real man could. It kills him every time she has to stay up late to study because she had to work in the daytime. It kills him even more when she doesn’t ask for help and pretend everything is okay.

“Chagiya? Jaebum doesn’t like waiting you know.” Hana finally speaks up when Sungjin won’t break the hug up. He just keeps on tightening the hug when she tries to pull away. “Why are you suddenly talking about another man’s name?” He fakes angry, making her laugh. She stands up and extended her hand to him, “Come on, your members must be trying hard to cover for you already.” Sungjin sighs and let her pull him up. She takes out his sunglasses and mask from her bag and put them on him. “I’ll wait for you in the car.” She says, putting on her own mask and her fake staff ID before going out the door first. Indeed, the first person she ran into was Junhyuk, one of Day6’s main vocalists along with Sungjin. “Anyeonghaseyo, oppa.” Hana smiles and bowed, Junhyuk did the same. “Are you on your way out?” He asks, the other members right behind him and they all waved at Hana, Hana waves back. Hana averted her focus back to Junhyuk, “Yeah, its nice meeting you all again.” Jae stood beside Junhyuk, “You look like you’re in a hurry. Go, we don’t mind.” He says. Hana smiles gratefully, “Kumawoyo, oppa-deul. Bye!” She bows before hurrying to her car.

Hana unlocks her car and turned the AC on as she waited for her boyfriend. It took her a few tries to start her car because her car was old. It was the first and last car in her small family. She did her best at keeping it but old cars are still…old. So there isn’t much that she can do. She needs a new car ASAP but her financial records are screaming big “NO’s” so it wasn’t really an option. The passenger seat door opening made Hana focus on the present again. “You met the boys.” He states, putting on his seatbelt and she did the same. “Yeah, did you tell them where we were going?” Sungjin nods, “I told them we were meeting Jaebum.”

***

Jaebum waited for his two friends in a restaurant where they usually hung out in the little time that they have. He was with another friend his, Haera. When he moved from his neighborhood where he first met Sungjin and Hana at the age thirteen to his current neighborhood, that was when he met Haera and became immediate friends. “They’re going to be late. The show got extended.” Jaebum tells Haera, reading the text Sungjin sent him. Haera sighs and pout, “We’ve been waiting for an hour. How much longer do we have to wait?” Jaebum chuckled and ruffled her hair, “They’re already on their way. It won’t be long now.”

The door to their VIP room opened to reveal a girl in an all-black outfit. Jaebum looked up in surprise, thinking it was some fans or reporter. The girl jumps in surprise too and quickly took a step back. She took a look at the number of the room they were in and step in again. Jaebum stands up, raising his brows in question.

“Who are you?” He asks, looking at Haera and confirming that she too, doesn’t recognize the girl. The girl cleared , “Er, I… I booked this room?” She stammered out. She was clearly just as surprised as he was. Haera stands up too, “I’m sure there’s something wrong. We booked this room too.” The girl didn’t look please when she heard that. A moment later, a waitress came running to the room. “Ms. Huang, there is a misunderstanding. We…mixed up your room…” The girl grits her teeth, clearly annoyed before turning to the waitress. “Let me guess, there isn’t any other room available, right?” The waitress gulp while Jaebum and Haera shared glances, they were pretty sure the room turned tense when the girl changed her tone. “I booked this room first-” The girl stops when her phone starts to ring. She heaves a sighs, and turn to Jaebum and Haera. “I’m sorry for causing a scene. I’ll get going now. You two… er, enjoy your dinner.” The girl walks pass the waitress and answered her phone outside.

“You didn’t think she’s some reporter putting on a show right?” Haera asks worryingly. Jaebum shakes his head, “From what I see, I’m pretty sure she’s getting scolded on her phone as of right now.”

Just as Haera was about to speak again, Sungjin and Hana arrived. “We saw somebody getting scolded pretty badly out there.” Hana said the moment the door was closed.

“A girl in all black?” Haera guessed. Sungjin and Hana quickly shared glances, “You can read minds now, Hae?” Sungjin chuckles and pulls a seat for Hana. Haera shakes her head, “Her booked room got mixed with ours. But we already booked a week before so it must be some kind of misunderstanding.” Hana frowns, “But she booked a month before. Ah, I feel guilty now.” She pouts. Sungjin shakes his head at his girlfriend, “It’s not our fault chagiya. Let’s forget about that, okay?” Hana nods her head but was still pouting.

“Let’s order.” Jaebum says, giving his friends the menu.

***

This time it was Sungjin who drove everyone home before driving to his own dorm. “Call me when you arrive home?” Sungjin says as he parks the car. Hana sighs sadly but nodded her head. He smiles as he kissed her forehead, lingering a little longer than usual. When he pulled away, he gave her a sweet peck on the lips. She smiles at that. He touches her cheek and stared into her eyes, “That’s the smile I want to see.” Hana laughs and push him off her. “You are such a hopeless romantic, chagi.” Sungjin laughs too but he didn’t deny it. “Only for you.” He winks at her before unbuckling his seatbelt. “Well, I better get going. Drive safely, okay?” Hana nods and waited for him to safely enter the building before switching to the driver seat without going out of the car.

She was just wearing her seatbelt when Sungjin calls her, she answers. “What is this? Five minutes passed and you already miss me?” She jokes. Sungjin hums from the other side, “I changed my mind. Let’s talk until you reach home.” It was a good thing Sungjin wasn’t here to see her blushing at his words, Hana thought. Even after six years, he still manages to make her heart skip a beat.

They talked all night without ending the call even once. He went to wash up when she washed up and they talked even while they were brushing their teeth.

“You’re yawning, sleepy huh?” Sungjin guessed when Hana was already all tuck up in bed. Hana smiles and nodded. Sungjin can’t see her nod but was so used to seeing the nod in person that he could feel it through the phone.

“Okay, close your eyes. It’s time for your lullaby.” Hana made sure to secure the phone on her ears as Sungjin starts to sing her to sleep as he always did. “Goodnight.” He whispers when he hears Hana’s soft breathing. He hung up and closed his eyes, going to his own slumber.

That was how things were even when he debuted. He’ll sing her to sleep every night while she calls him early in the morning to wake him up. They also meet up with Jaebum when they have time and Haera was often with them. Sungjin breaks a lot of promises and Hana did a lot of waiting but no big arguments ever occurred. Sure, Hana would complain a bit but she understands. Sungjin would feel bad but he tries to feel better by looking at the big picture. This is all for their future. He can do it. They can do it.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Soooo, how's the first chapter? Sure, it still feels like an introduction but hey, there are more to come! Please, do comment on your thoughts on this fanfic. I really appreaciate it. Oh and, fyi, I am trying to match the time with the real world and when it actually happened like their debut and stuff but i'm not gonna promise that I will do a throughout research. If it doesn't match the story then I will tweak it haha. None of these are true after all. Okay, that's it from me. I hope you enjoy it. The next chapter will be up next week. Stay tune! (: