After thought

If It's Meant To Be

Just like that, they were strangers again.

Sungjin was quick to dispose anything that is related to Hana. He puts their photo albums into a box and stuffed it away in a dark corner. But as he was trying to find things that were related to Hana, he realized he can’t just throw them away.

The foods itself remind not only him, but the rest if the Day6’s members of Hana. The only reason their fridge was clean is because Hana was always there to help them with it (before Kang manager of course). And then there were the flowers around the house. It was Hana who suggested that they need to have flowers in the house so it would brighten up everyone’s mood. The pictures that they hung in the walls were also taken by Hana. He looks over to all their beds and realizes that it was Hana who bought the beddings for them because they didn’t have time to buy it themselves.

What is this feeling? He was so sure that he would be okay. Sungjin shakes his head hard, he can’t be like this. This will all pass. It was only because he only just broke up with her for a day. This will pass and everything will be okay.

s all shared glances as they watch Sungjin walking all over the house to look for things to put into the ‘Hana’ box. They knew it only contains photo albums and a few shirts she bought for him but that was it.

“How long do you think it would take him to realize that he won’t be able to get over her just because he puts the photos inside a box?” Brian says out loud. “Didn’t you hear Hana last night? It’s like she was the only one in love and Sungjin hyung…wasn’t.” said Wonpil carefully. Jae sighs, “It’ll hit him later. It’ll hit him when he least expected it. There’s no way those eyes could look so sincere when he looked at Hana and not be in love. He just hasn’t realizes that yet.” Dowoon stayed silent, not knowing what to say. He was in his room pretending to listen to his headphone when he really was listening to their conversation.

Everyone seems to be sure that Sungjin would be breaking down soon. But Sungjin was determined to prove to them that he could handle one break up.

***

Hana, meanwhile, was a mess as predicted. She wouldn’t eat, she couldn’t sleep and she is shutting away the only people who were trying to help her.

“Unnie!” Eve bangs loudly against Hana’s bathroom door. She managed to make Hana eat a few spoonful of porridge but unfortunately Hana is now vomiting the little food that is in her system. Eve groans in frustration, this is getting nowhere, she said to herself. The living room’s door opened to reveal Jaebum who had been visiting them a lot lately. Eve is basically living with Hana at the moment.

“I thought you weren’t here. I didn’t see your car.” Said Jaebum as he closes the door. The two didn’t even bother with greetings anymore. Eve shrugs, “I forgot to fill the gas. Came here by bus.”

Jaebum puts the stuff he bought for Hana (and Eve) by the counter. Eve just got a new project so she didn’t have time to buy groceries anymore. She would’ve settled for ramen but with Hana’s condition, it’s wiser to eat healthy. Not long after he puts down the grocery, he heard Eve’s phone ring.

“Yes, sunbae?” Eve tensed as she answered the call from the couch. Jaebum raised his eyebrow, looking at her expectantly. Indeed, after she finished the –very- short call, she let out a cursed that sounds a lot like Chinese and sprinted into her shared room with Eve. Jaebum waited by the counter and not long after Eve came back with her bag behind her. “Another emergency call?” Jaebum asks, she’s been receiving a lot of calls lately. Eve threw him a smile, “A sunbae of mine needs assistant.” She answers. She wore her sneakers, tied her hair into a ponytail and was out the door with a, “Hana unnie is still in the bathroom by the way!”

Jaebum shakes his head as his eyes followed her until she closed the door. How does she find time to handle Hana when she’s busy with her work as well? Jaebum knew it was hard since it wasn’t easy for him to come here, but he has some free time in his hands. They don’t have many schedules at the moment. If Got7 begins preparing for their comeback, he doubts he’ll have time to visit Hana at all. Let alone spend the night with her, cook for her and overall taking care of her. So yes, Eve is definitely doing the impossible.

Something inside Jaebum stir as he realizes how much Eve is sacrificing. How much she’s pushing herself and probably even pretending everything is okay. Taking care of a depressed and sad Hana is no easy feat. The girl just broke up with the love of her life, Eve is very patient to even have stayed with her for two weeks straight. And Eve had never even once complained, not even to Jaebum who had been with her for most of the time. It then hit Jaebum that he haven’t really see Eve with any other friends other than Hana or received any other phone calls other than from her colleagues. Now that he really thinks about it, Eve is Chinese. What made her go all the way to Korea without any friends at all?

***

Eve ran into the bus just in time before the driver closes the door. She bows her apology and paid before finding an empty seat. She secured her bag, which contains her laptop, on her lap before reading her emails on her phone. She sighs, so many works for so little money. She sighs again and stared outside the window. The sky was darkening, it’s going to rain soon, she notes. Her phone rang and she answered without looking at the caller, “Yes, sunbae?” She answered in a monotone voice.

“Yah, newbie! Where the hell are you? Aren’t you supposed to cover for me in Inkigayo? The PD is looking for you!” Eve rolls her eyes, knowing well that he won’t be able to see it.

“I’m sorry, but you just informed me about it ten minutes ago, Yoo sunbae. I’m still on my way.”

“I don’t care! You are supposed to be a hard worker! Get there in twenty minutes or you are fired, you get me?!” Eve grits her teeth in anger but held it in. “Yes, sunbae.” She managed and hung up before she began cursing (in Chinese). Damn seniority in Korea.

She began running when the bus arrived at her destination. She has exactly six minutes left before the live show starts. She wore her staff ID and told them she was covering for Yoo Kang Min. They told her what to do and she was quick to adapt.

“Go inform the MCs about the new arrangements, they should have been given the props by now.” Eve snaps her head to the direction of the voice. Damn, was that directed to her? She looks around and concluded that no one else heard the PD-nim. She let out another low curse and set off to the MCs, who consist of Kim Yoo Jung, Jackson Wang and Yook Sungjae, who were on standby.

Ever since she took on the new project, all she was asked to do was ‘cover’ for her seniors. They didn’t give her a part in the main script writing and let her do the minor ones that sometimes don’t make the cut because it wasn’t ‘important’ enough. They have just secured Kim So-Hyun as the lead actress last month and they were waiting for the Ok Taec-yeon and Kwon Yul to confirm at least in the beginning of May.

Eve turns sharply at a creaking sound, she quickly scans her surroundings. The show was over, most of the idols had left and the remaining people are the staffs and the three MCs who were getting a briefing for the next live show. Creeeaaaak. Eve focused again, and then decided the sound was coming from her left. That’s where the MCs were getting their briefing.

One second everything seemed normal and the next was the lights falling, she dived in without thinking twice, pushing everyone out of the way. She heard people screaming and her vision was blurry before she forced them to refocus. She looks at Yoojung who was frozen beside her, eyes closed tightly. She sat up and turned around, Jackson, Sungjae and everyone else was okay too. She let out a relief sigh, phew, that was close.

“Yoojung-ssi? Yoojung-ssi!” Eve turns her attention back to the little girl. She felt two people approaching her from behind. “We need to get her to the hospital!” She heard Sungjae shout. There was a bit of commotion before the staff took action. “Hey, er, are you okay?” Eve looks up to see the person who asked her the question; Jackson. Eve gave him a smile and nodded. Although she did wince when she tried to move her left arm, damn, that’s not a good sign. Yoojung was taken away by the staff and Eve struggled to stand up on her own (she refused Jackson’s help and assured him once again that she was fine). Against her will though, she knew she had to get her arm X-rayed and treated. So she grabs her bag and entered the van that was going to send them to the hospital with Jackson and Sungjae.

***

Hana opens her eyes and felt the soft mattress beneath her. She sighs; Jaebum must’ve carried her here. She turns over and looked at the time, 11pm. Wait… 11pm? Where’s Eve? …Where’s Jaebum? She was so used to them being around her and that she suddenly felt weird not having any of them around at all. She sat up and groaned at the headache that came as she did so. She staggered around the house to confirm that she really was alone. She sighs again and sat on her bed (that she now shares with Eve).

She grabs her phone and noted that she didn’t get any missed calls or text messages from Eve…Or from Sungjin. Hana stopped the tears from coming just in time. Sungjin. The jerk. He didn’t even try to stop her. He only said sorry. But once again, what was to expect anyway? It is better that she ended it than waiting for him to…right? Hana bites her trembling lips, Eve’s numerous advices filling her head.

“Unnie, snap out of it. You don’t need him to live! It’s only because you’re used to his presences that’s all.” That was Eve on the third day of her break up.

“You’re stronger than this, I know you are. You can’t let anyone, especially a guy, to ruin your life. He lost you uunie, not the other way around.” And that was a week ago, when Eve was trying to convince her that he was the one who lost. And that she actually gained something because she cut off the person who was ‘weighting her down’.

“All these times, you only think of Sungjin-ssi. Sungjin this, Sungjin that. But what about you unnie? What about the stuff that you like and the stuff that you want to do? That’s important to you know, self-love.” And that was from yesterday, when Eve caught her crying in her sleep.

Hana couldn’t stop the tears this time. Somehow deep inside her she knew Eve was right. But she couldn’t bring herself to agree out loud. Why? Because she is weak. Maybe she can live without Sungjin, but what if she doesn’t want to? He was there for her since the beginning. He was there for her when her mother died and after her father married another woman. He was there for her when she didn’t have money, or a place to live in. He even helped her to go to college! She’ll never be able to love someone else as much as she loved him. She may not even find someone else like him…

She forced her once again swollen eyes to close as she tries to cry herself to sleep. But she never could sleep at night. She never can sleep without Sungjin’s voice singing to her. She heard the door opened sometime after midnight and quickly fake asleep. She didn’t want Eve to give her another telling. Nobody can understand her. No one is able to understand her pain. None of them gets it, Sungjin was never supposed to leave her. She was not supposed to feel this much pain at all. He promised… Sungjin promised her that.

He broke that promised.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Hey, so here's another update! How was it? For those who are waiting for Jaebum's spotlight, wait for the next update. It will focus more on Jaebum now. Thanks for reading! =)