CHAPTER 1

I Grow Up Like This

March, 2019

Seoul 

 

 " Woah, is that the latest Louis Vuitton's ruby studded pouch launched during their 158th anniversary?! " 

 

 A blonde haired woman stared at the very expensive object situated on a brunette's lap comfortably. " Yup, daddy bought it for me for my upcoming birthday, " the brunette gleed as she caressed the pouch lovingly. Well, looking at the price, it deserves more than a caress supposedly. 

 

 " Hwang Tiffany, Bae Joohyun, can you guys speak the language that I speak? Because I'm certain that I just heard alien languages out of y'all mouth, "  

 

 Brunette, Joohyun and blonde, Fany, glared at her simultaneously. " Says the one that bought the most expensive clothing and accesories in the world just to let it get dusty inside her own closet. And since when did I allow you to call me Joohyun? It's Irene! " Irene huffed and took a bite of her steak. " Yah Kim Taeyeon, you have the wealth and supposedly MORE than us, but look at you out here dressing like you just woke up from your sleep, " Fany scrunched her nose in disgust as she looked at Taeyeon from her head to her toe and back to her head.

 

 Dark hair as messy as her own bedroom, wearing her oppa's grey sweatshirt, oh, and sweatpants also, completed with a pair of blue rubber slippers. One of her legs was up on the chair and her back slumped back comfortably on the leather chair.

 

 " Relax, we're just eating out at our usual place, you guys are the ones that overdress yourselves, " Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she sipped the wine from the glass one-shot. Irene and Fany shared a disbelief look and scoffed. " Wow, you do realize that this restaurant is the top restaurant in Seoul, wait, my fault, in the WHOLE Korea and you must be blind if you don't see what other people are wearing right now, "  Fany pointed at other customers as Taeyeon just peeked through her thin, circle shaped lens, silver-rimmed glasses and shrugged them off.

 

 " Ms. Kim, you need a refill for the wine? Same type? " A waiter arrived and fetched Taeyeon's empty wine glass. Taeyeon put her index finger in front of the waiter's face.

 

 " No no, " she shook her head with her forehead scrunched. "Chateau Garraude Lalande de, please, "  the waiter smiled and bowed at her. " Right away Ms. Kim, " after he went away Taeyeon beamed a satisfied smile and fed herself a piece of juicy steak in front of her.

 

 " Oh, we forgot a fact that this is HER restaurant, "

 

--------------------

 

 Seoul Art University

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, you're still okay after all those wine you drank last night? " Irene stared at Taeyeon's face that seemed oddly glowing eventhough she just drank multiple types of wine before that morning. " Yah, Eric oppa does not raise a weakling that couldn't contain her alcohol. Those wine are just a piece of cake, " she smugly smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at the woman beside her. 

 

 " Yeah right, you totally passed out that time we went for soju. She only drank like 1 and a half bottle! " A tall man sat beside Taeyeon who was arranging her stationery on the wooden table. " Yah Park Chanyeol, do you have a death wish? Because you're about to receive one if you don't try to shut up, " Taeyeon glared at her ex-boyfriend, making him instantly shut his mouth. 

 

 " Alright, Kim Taeyeon-ssi, " he sat straight and looked at the front without any complaint. 

 

 Despite them already dated each other for 3 years, they still maintained their friendship after their break-up and for Taeyeon, it was probably not a serious relationship because she wouldn't want to declare her first relationship to be that . It's not that she felt miserable when she was with Chanyeol, but the fact that it was more like a very close friendship rather than a relationship, Taeyeon decided to break it off. Fortunately, both of them shared the mutual feelings. The feeling that the both of them were better off as friends.

 

 After long hours of lecture, the professor finally let them off. Taeyeon took off first towards the professor's table with a notebook. " I'm sorry sir but I have a question regarding this part, " she pointed out on her notebook. 

 

 " Woah, she's rich, pretty, humble and also dilligent. Not to mention that she's already smart without even studying but she worked the hardest among us all, " Fany said and Chanyeol and Irene just nodded their head. " Let's just go because she will probably take more than an hour for one question, " Chanyeol said as he ushered both women out of the lecture's hall.

 

 " Thank you sir! " Taeyeon bowed at the obviously pale and exhausted professor as he scurried out of the hall, avoiding any other question from his extra dilligent student. Her eyes looked at her seat and she raised an eyebrow. " Well, just as expected. I'm left alone again, " Taeyeon just sighed and packed her stationery inside her bag.

 

 One of her pencils dropped down from the table, making her sighed loudly. " I'm tired as so don't challenge me please dear pencil, " she crouched down and reached out for the pencil.

 

 " Oppa~ hmmm, we should go inside, " a woman stated to her boyfriend who was busy her neck as she was slammed at the door. " Great idea babe, " he smirked and hurriedly opened the door to the lecture's hall and slammed the woman on the table. The woman's moan echoed throughout the hall as the man started to her shirt.

 

 Taeyeon whom already had her pencil in her hand hesitated to stand up after she heard the sultry noise. " What the heck, are they seriously making out in the hall? Woah, no wonder the lecture's hall always smells, " Taeyeon whispered to herself as she peeked to see if the couple were still 'on it' and yup, they were. " Aish, Eric oppa promised me tteokbeoki after class. Sorry Eric oppa, " she clasped both her hand and conveyed her apologies as she knew she was going to be late to be at home.

 

 " Oppa, don't forget the , " 

 

 Taeyeon eyes widened after she heard that. ' They're doing it until that extent?! ' feeling impatient and annoyed and disgusted all at the same time, she stood up with fire in her eyes. Fire for keeping her hungry under the table.

 

 " Yah! What kind of crazy stupid couple are you guys, huh?! " she screamed as she pointed the pencil to the couple. The woman shrieked as she button up her shirt while the man looked frustrated after someone just bothered his making out session.

 

 Taeyeon's eyes landed on the woman and she scoffed. " Bora-ah, I know that you can afford to buy a whole building. So can you at least rent a room for you to make out?! " Taeyeon called out the familiar woman. Bora was her junior in Fashion Designer course and she was disappointed to see her beloved junior with the man that was standing beside her. Moreover in their state right now. 

 

 " S-sorry Taeyeon unnie, " she bowed, making the man beside her scoffed. " What the heck? Why are you apologising to that old hag? Tch, you're too uptight for a person that just offered me free , " Bora widened her eyes at the man's words. 

 

 " B-but, you said we are in a relationship! " 

 

 The man smirked and caressed the teary-eyed woman's hair. " Well, not after the . Moreover that we just had a disturbed , " he glared at Taeyeon who was eyeing the couple in disbelief. Bora bursted into loud sobs and ran out of the hall.

 

 He smirked and zipped her trousers and picked up his clothes. " Woah, how much of a jerk are you, huh? " Taeyeon snatched her light pink coloured bagpack and rushed toward the man. " Kwon Jiyong, you are a bad news just like what others said, huh? " she said with an intense glare but Jiyong didn't flinch at all. He scoffed and returned the glare.

 

 " You know what I heard about you? " Taeyeon's body stiffened at Jiyong's question.

 

 " You're a pathetic woman with no money, wealth and even...., " he smirked as he closened the distance between their faces.

 

 Taeyeon's glare softened into one that plead for him to stop his sentence. ' Please stop what you're saying this is just our first meeting. I'm sorry for judging you too fast, ' deep in Taeyeon's heart she was pleading Jiyong to stop. Unfortunately, he didn't hear her.

 

 ".... no parents, " 

 

 There it was, Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon's first meeting that will turn their life upside down.