CHAPTER 8

I Grow Up Like This

" Welcome aboard to my crib darling, "

 

 Taeyeon's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when she saw the pink haired man gleed at her flustered self. " Well well well, you fell right into my palm just like how I planned it, " Jimin slowly strutted towards the flabbergasted petite woman and smirked. " What the is happening? " she muttered slowly under her breath then gritted her teeth hard, trying to hold back her urge to immediately punch the light out of the man in front of her. " Bring out the other man, " the mafia leader instructed Taeyeon as his left hand grasped his right wrist behind his back. " What man? I'm here alone, " she said with a new gained confidence which she herself didn't know where she got it.

 

 " Better call him out before I blow out the vent myself, " he threatened as he showed Taeyeon a grenade from his tuxedo's pocket. She sighed in dismay and before she even had the chance to call out San's name, he voluntarily jumped out of the vent and held up both his arms. " Alright, I'm out now. You don't have to sacrifice your vent just like that, " San muttered the last sentence as he avoided eye contact with the smug looking mafia leader. " It's okay, I don't mind blowing up this part of my building because these are all just a set-up, " 

 

 Both Taeyeon and San almost gasped loudly.

 

 That was genius. They thought to themselves.

 

 " See, I've already predicted it when I saw you at my party a few days ago. A young lady from an enemy gang, without any fear walked into a party full of her enemies? Something's fishy for sure, " he surrounded Taeyeon as he explained in details how he was able to detect her plan. " So when I pretended to be extremely drunk that night, you made that offer and at that moment... " he snapped his finger and leaned in closer to her ears. " I caught you red-handed, " 

 

 Not gonna lie, his low raspy voice did make Taeyeon feel things but she knew that it was not the suitable time to be pointing out her hormonal thoughts. 

 

 " So, I handed you a fake blueprint of my hideout, " Jimin smugly smirked at the pair and they internally sighed. " Fine, you caught us, " Taeyeon admitted disgrudgingly and rolled her eyes. " Yeah, and what's the point of admitting. It's too late, " San muttered as he rolled his eyes the opposite direction from Taeyeon. Jimin looked between both of them then bursted into laughter. " Aigoo, both of you guys are such a funny pair huh, " he exclaimed then not even a second after that his expression turned serious. " So, why are you infiltrating my hideout? What is your aim? Gold? Drugs? " 

 

 " I don't need any of those. We only want to save our teammate, " she sighed after the last sentence. Her disappointed expression was not missed by San and Jimin. She really thought her plan was going to proceed smoothly. However, Hyoseop and Sungjae was right after all about her. All her plans from back then to the present never worked out.

 

 'And it'll probably remain that way,' Taeyeon's gaze fell to the floor as she clenched her jaw tightly. She was not mad at Park Jimin nor her teammates. However, she was extremely disappointed in herself for always failing to execute a flawless plan. Jimin sighed and looked down. " Haih, you seems to know well that my weakness is a sad woman, " he sighed as he stopped to stand in front of Taeyeon and outstretched both his arms. The woman just raised her eyebrows and chortled. " What the heck? You want me to punch your ribs out or what? " she scoffed.

 

 " Well, you see it that way but I'm just offering a free hug, " he smiled, showing his adorable eye smile. Hearing that, Taeyeon couldn't hold back a teasing smirk as she just punched his chest lightly. " Whatever, "

 

 Seeing the interaction, San just looked at the both of them cluelessly. " Okay, am I the only one lost because what's going on right now? " he questioned out loud, making the mafia leader hissed loudly at his dumb question. " Woah, you're really bad at reading the room, huh? Now you ruined the mood, " he rolled his eyes as Taeyeon just chuckled and raised her eyebrows at San. " What? " he shrugged both his shoulders.

 

 " Alright, I'll show the way, "

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 " Sungjae oppa? Hyoseop oppa? "

 

 Taeyeon called out their names when she saw both men were already there with their weapons out. Her eyes diverted to the pair in front of her friends. A woman with lilac coloured hair and a tall man with dark hair were seemingly also prepared to attack Sungjae and Hyoseop. " Rosè, Joohyuk, put your weapon down. Same as both of you, " he signalled to the men from his enemy's clan. " Yah Kim Taeyeon, don't tell me... " Taeyeon sighed and rolled her eyes before Hyoseop could even finish his sentence. " Yeah yeah, everything went wrong, " she annoyedly exclaimed then fiddled her fingers together.

 

 " Don't be so harsh on her, " Jimin draped his arm on her shoulder and Taeyeon blinked her eyes repeatedly, surprised by his sudden friendliness. " Her plan is good, it's just I'm much smarter than her, " he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, irritating the woman beside him. " Aish, " she threatened to elbow the man as he just chuckled and apologised for his joke. " Release the man, we don't have any problem with him, " Jimin instructed, making both his subordinates speechless. " But..." Rosè's sentence trailed off when she saw the serious look from her brother.

 

 " Park Chaeyoung, I understand the feud between you and him. However, his comrades are here to save him and I prefer to not pick on any gang after this. It's better to be partners than enemy right? " He nudged Taeyeon using his elbow after his last sentence then winked at her. Her face just distorted at his weak attempt to flirt. Rosè huffed as she glared at the petite woman beside his brother. ' Urgh, must be another crush of his. That's why he's being so kind, ' she thought as she dragged Jisoo from the cell and pushed him towards Hyoseop. 

 

 " Yah, Jisoo hyung. Are you okay? " he asked as he untied the cloth at the older's mouth. Jisoo chuckled at his friend's dumb question. " Do I l-look okay to you? " his voice croaked, showing that he hadn't drunk enough water. " Oppa, here drink first, " Taeyeon opened a water bottle then poured the drink inside his mouth. It felt like heaven just flowed into Jisoo's throat as he finished the water in one shot.

 

 " Thanks Park Jimin-ssi, " she stretched out her right hand and the mafia leader just smirked. " My pleasure and just dropped the formality. Jimin oppa or Chimchim oppa is okay too, " he winked as his hand was still clasped with hers. Taeyeon scoffed then smiled. " Alright then, we'll be heading out first, " Taeyeon said as they walked out off the basement. 

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, thank you for that night, " he smirked and Taeyeon replied his thanks with another smirk. " No problem. Anytime for you oppa, " Sungjae narrowed his eyes at the chuckling woman. " Yah, you still didn't reply what did you bribe him with that night? " he questioned and the others' attention diverted to her. Jisoo's eyes widened as he was clueless but things seemed to connect each other by themselves. " Yah! Kim Taeyeon, don't tell me you just had a one night stand with him or something, " he snarled at the thought of his dear dongsaeng doing that with another man.

 

 " It's a secret none of you guys will know~, " she teasingly said then ran as her comrades chased after her to dig out the truth further.

 

 Back at the exit of the basement, Park Jimin, Rosè and Joohyuk were still standing there as the three of them just watched their enemy-now-turned-friends' silhouette disappeared into the sunset glow. " Can I ask something boss? " Jimin just hummed at Joohyuk's request, allowing him to continue. 

 

 " What's with that night with that woman? " 

 

 Rosè's attention turned to her brother as she was also curious at his previous statement. " She gave me a bunch of green tea flavoured mochi handmade by a professional chef from Japan and it was SO delicious, " he sighed as he slightly salivated at the memory of the gift he received from Taeyeon a few days before.

 

 Both Rosè and Joohyuk just shared a dumbfounded look between each other at how easily their boss could be manipulated. 

 

 " Oh, that was a secret just now, okay? Hehe, "

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 " Aish oppa, how did they even capture you? " 

 

 Taeyeon asked the wincing man as she dabbed the alcohol on Jisoo's face lightly. He could only sighed when he finally realized how he got captured in the first place. " Hyung, don't tell me..." Hyoseop's sentence trailed off as his expression showed sudden realization. " Yup, I'm such a dumb man, " Jisoo said as he scoffed, his longing stare fell on his feet. Sungjae, San and Taeyeon looked between those two, competely feeling lost as they were not feed with the details yet.

 

 " Since y'all are done talking with each other might provide us with some more details, please? " Taeyeon frustratedly exclaimed. Jisoo remained silent and since he kinda looked extremely depressed, they diverted their gazes to the younger one. Hyoseop sighed and cursed under his breath before opening his mouth.

 

 " It must have been something related to Rosè, " the trio tilted their heads in confusion. As if a light bulb appeared on top of her head, Taeyeon snapped her fingers and gasped. " The girl back at the basement? What's with her? " she unconsciously leaned forward, her senses became interested at the newly found facts she discovered about Jisoo. " They were....romantic couple? " Hyoseop furrowed his eyebrows, having a weirdly difficult time to describe their relationship. " You can just say they are ex-couple or something but yeah, you do you I guess, " Sungjae scratched his head then shook his head.

 

 " Well, sorry but I don't really have the greatest romantic history in life, " the tallest said and rolled his eyes. It was true though. Despite his good looks and constant flirty attitude, he never really been in a serious relationship because his whole life had been dedicated to his clan only. " Haih, oppa you really need to find someone soon. You're not getting younger, " Taeyeon teasingly stated as she patted his shoulder, hard.

 

 " Okay, I'm done patching your wounds, " Taeyeon softly said to Jisoo whom was clearly still in his own world. " O-oh, thank you Tae, " he whispered and hesitated whether he wanted to stay or leave. In the end, he hastily stood up and bowed at each one of them. " Thank you guys for saving me. I promise I won't make you guys worry like this anymore, " the rest of the squad chuckled at Jisoo's awkward behaviour.  " It's okay hyung. That's what friends are supposed to do after all, " Sungjae stated and they just nodded at his statement.

 

 In Jisoo's mind, he was absolutely grateful and thankful about that one night that eventually tied him to this clan or now, he preferred to call them his family. Full Mun clan has always treasure bonds over anything and he knew that's the one thing he will never found at any other mafia clan. His clan is definitely special after all.

 

 " Alright! To celebrate this successful mission, I'm buying everyone chicken and beer tonight! " all of them cheered upon Taeyeon's announcement. Yup, they are going to have a blast that night. Moreover Jisoo.

 

 Not too long after that, Taeyeon excused herself to buy chicken and beer as promised to celebrate the success of their mission. With a smile on her face, she skipped excitedly at the bustling street of Seoul. She was happy and that was apparent on her face. Her eyes lit up when she saw the usual chicken restaurant she always went with her friends by the weekend.

 

 Fortunately, there was not much customer inside the restaurant. She skipped passed a man eating alone silently, her feet instinctively brought her to the counter first. 

 

 After ordering 2 buckets of chicken, she turned around to head back to her mansion but her movement halted when she saw the lonely man. His head was hung low but his grip at the beer glass remained tight. Since he looked extremely familiar, she moved closer to him and slowly peeked to recognize the man.

 

 " Kwon Jiyong? " 

 

 The man flinched when he heard his name was called out. Jiyong raised his head only to be greeted by a pair of beautiful brown orbs, making his body unconsciously moved back. The screeching of the chair made Taeyeon grimaced as she sat in front of the man and put her order on the table.

 

 Jiyong's eyes widened when Taeyeon decided to sit in front of him. " Why are you si-... " his words were cut off by the said woman. " Why are you drinking alone? " she questioned, making the tipsy man flustered. No answer was given to her from Jiyong, the girl smirked. " One beer here! " she shouted then received an okay from the waiter. " When someone have a lot in mind... " Taeyeon stopped her sentence and smiled at Jiyong. The beer she ordered just now arrived on the table. 

 

 " It's better to drink with another person, " she beamed at him as she clinked her glass with his. Jiyong could only look at her in awe as she took a refreshing gulp of the beer. " Woah, that feels good, " she chuckled then let out a refreshing sigh. " I know we're not that close but I don't like seeing anyone swallowing their trouble away alone. So, shoot, " she gestured at him. It took her a quite minute to receive a reply from Jiyong.

 

 " What would you do if you're forced by your own family to do something you really hate? By that means, I really dislike the idea of it and that thing doesn't have any benefit to me at all. I just....feel guilty doing it, " Taeyeon's hand that was about to reach for her glass halted. Her eyes diverted to the dismayed man in front of her. " What is it that you hate? " her question strucked Jiyong. He nervously looked around, trying to approach the subject without revealing what it actually is. " M-my studies...? " Jiyong's supposedly statement sounded more like a question and that amused Taeyeon actually. ' Tsk, he can be adorable when he wants to, ' she scoffed at him and also her own crazy thought.

 

 " I don't know what it is that you're hiding from me but, to answer your question... " she stared at the depth of the beer glass first before looking at Jiyong with a confident smile. " I'm not the type that will shut my mouth if I'm being told to do something that I hate. I'll probably argue with my family and tell them directly to their faces, " she stood up too fast and wobbled a little, signifying that she was already tipsy. 

 

 She scrunched her face and pointed her index finger to the confused man. " Yah, why do you always ask me to do that thing that I really hate? I know what I want to do and that's not what I want! My future is my own to decide what to do and it's not yours to deal with! " she screamed, attracting attention from the other customers. Well, she certainly was too caught up with her acting. Plus in her tipsy condition. Jiyong panickedly looked around and slightly bowed his head to apologize for causing a commotion.

 

 He glanced at the table and widened his eyes. " Oh, no wonder she got so drunk, " he noticed while he was venting his feelings out, Taeyeon ordered another 2 pints of beer. He was speechless at what a fast drinker this woman in front of him was. After a couple of lines more on how to solve Jiyong's problem, she collapsed on the chair with still not finished muttering incoherent words. 

 

 Jiyong went to her side then poked her shoulder. " Urm, Kim Taeyeon? I think you should go back home, " her body stood straight at the mention of home. " Oh right, I'm having a chicken party tonight at home, " she tried to stand but her bum ended up on the chair again. " Jiyong-ssi, I can't use my own legs, " the words slurred out of Taeyeon's mouth as she pouted and her expression looked like she was on the verge of bawling her eyes out.

 

 " H-huh? " 

 

 Someone patted Jiyong's shoulder and he turned around just to see a middle aged man wearing the chicken restaurant's apron, handing him a piece of paper. " Taeyeon is always like this whenever she got drunk so we ended up saving her address because sometimes our own staffs had to bring her home, " the man smiled a fatherly smile to Jiyong but glared as soon as his eyes diverted to the tipsy woman. " Aigoo, this woman is always like this, " he muttered and went back to the kitchen.

 

 " Yeah! I'm at the top of the world now! " Taeyeon screamed as she let go of her grip from Jiyong's shoulder and pointed to the sky. " Yah, I'm carrying you right now so unless you want both of us injured you better stay still, " Jiyong scolded her. His tone was not harsh instead it was stern with a hint of care. 

 

 And that made Taeyeon smiled like a fool. She bit her lips to suppress a big smile from appearing on her face. " Yah, do you like me or something? " she laughed loudly as soon as she asked him that. The flustered man widened his eyes and turned his face to look at Taeyeon's. " W-why would you-..." before he could finish his sentence, he could hear someone scream Taeyeon's name not far from them.

 

 " Yah Kim Taeyeon! Where's this woman really? " Sungjae hissed. Before he could turn around, a figure not far from him caught his eyes. His eyesight was not really the best so he called out Jisoo to look at the figure himself. Hyoseop and San followed along when Sungjae called out for Jisoo. " Isn't that Taeyeon? Who is that? " San bombarded them with questions. The 4 men just waited until the pair stopped in front of them.

 

 " T-Taeyeon-ssi, is that your house? Why are there men in front of your house? " Taeyeon squinted her eyes to catch a glimpse of the said men and as soon as she realized they were her comrades, a big smile appeared on her face. " Jisoo oppa! I bought chicken for us! " she screamed as she tried to get off from Jiyong's back. 

 

 ' Oppa? ' Jiyong wondered whether all of them were her brothers or not. He just silently followed her footstep until she stopped in front of the four men. " Yah, I thought you're only buying chicken for the party not start partying by your own first, " Hyoseop flicked her forehead and received a hissed from her. " It's like this, that man over there, " Taeyeon pointed her finger at Jiyong whom by now was actually prepared to run away from that spot. She wobbled towards him and draped her arm on his shoulders. 

 

 Unconsciously, the four men's protective instinct made them unknowingly glared at Jiyong. Welp, the said man knew he was not in a good position. " He was drinking alone all sad and . I can't just leave him alone, " she pouted. Her eyes were already half-closed at the moment. " Okay, now that you're here let's start the original party, " Jisoo snatched her arm from Jiyong's shoulders and didn't miss to spare a glare to the flabbergasted man. 

 

 " Yeay! Here I bought chicken and-....wait I didn't buy beer for us! " she wailed like a crazy woman as her body plopped down to the ground. " It's okay Taeyeon-ah, we got tonnes of beer inside, " Sungjae said as he pulled her arm and placed them at his shoulder. " Really?! Okay good, now round 2! " Taeyeon said as both Jisoo and Sungjae dragged her to the entrance of her house. 

 

 Taeyeon realized something and she turned around. A girlish giggle could be heard when she looked at Jiyong's terrified face. " Thank you Kwon Jiyong! If you need anything more just come to me, okay? " she showed him an okay sign and gleed.

 

 Jiyong's inside felt warm at her statement.

 

 But it all turned cold when he saw four sets of eyes glaring at him. " Alright, I'll just head home for now, "

 

 

// PS: I know its been awhile since i update but hehe sorry i just dont have much inspiration but here chapter 8 for yall!! I hope you guys can comment or criticize anything so i can improve, lots of love <3 //