CHAPTER 6

I Grow Up Like This

 Heavy breathing echoed throughout the solemn room. The deafening silence succumbed to the sound of rattled chains.

 

 " You're still going to shut that hot lips of yours, huh? Your consistency really amazed me, " a tall man wearing navy blue sweats smirked as he gripped the other man's jaw tightly in his grip. " Ok that's it Joohyuk, you're flirting too much for someone that wanted to torture him, " a woman in white crop top and tight black leather pants stated frustratedly as she shoved the man away from their fugitive.

 

 " What Rose? You can't blame me, this is the first time in years that we brought back a hot piece of as a hostage. You're just emotionless, " Joohyuk said as he crouched in front of the kneeling man and a small smile crept on his handsome face. " Right Jisoo? I mean, this must be your first time being kidnapped since your boss always kept you guys safe from any clan, especially ours, " he caressed Jisoo's bloodied face as the chained man just gave him his dirtiest glare ever.

 

 " Aww don't glare at me you're , " Joohyuk laughed as Rose scrunched her face in disgust at her friend's antic. She crouched beside Joohyuk and sighed, her intense glare never left Jisoo's face. " Spill it boy, everything about your clan that we need to know, " Rose asked the man as he, in return, spat on her face.

 

 " I'm not telling you , "

 

 Rose closed her eyes after she felt his saliva on her face. Joohyuk, who was just witnessing the scene, gasped.

 

 " Joohyuk, get the out of this cell, right now, " her voice quivered as she tried to hold in the anger that was bubbling inside her body. The shocked man hesitatedly stood up as he looked inbetween Rose and Jisoo. 

 

 " Sorry pretty boy, I can't save you from her, " he muttered one last time before he walked out of the cramped, filthy cell.  A few seconds after Joohyuk left, a heavy silence indulged the cell and Rose slowly opened her eyes. 

 

 Jisoo's heart skipped a beat when he saw the deadly look she gave to him. ' That's the look. The look she gave to every person that she wants dead, ' he silently thought. In a split second, Rose took out her dagger from the back of her pants and put it on Jisoo's neck. The blade was extremely sharp that even with the slightest pressure it cut through his skin in a matter of second. 

 

 Jisoo's eyes landed on the handle of the dagger, white skull-shaped with two red rubies in it's eyes. A smirk appeared on his badly bruised face. " Don't give me that smirk you filthy jerk, " she sputtered, her face red from the anger she kept. 

 

 " Don't get too mad, else I'll think you're still in love with me, " the L word made Rose's grip tightened on the dagger and the blade slithered in his skin more. " Dream on , over my dead body, " her gritted teeth, tight jaw and shaky hands proved to him otherwise.

 

 " Well, that's unfortunate. Because I don't think it's mutual, " 

 

--------------------

 

 " Urgh, "

 

 Taeyeon groaned as she tossed and her large floral patterned bed. Her hand reached out to her bed hair and scratched it a couple times before deciding on opening her eyes. Her yawn echoed throughout her bedroom and her eyes were glued to the ceiling for a couple minutes as she dozed off to make sure her mind was in a right state.

 

 " KIM FREAKING TAEYEON! " 

 

 Her petite body jolted as her immediate reaction was to sit down and rearranged her extra messy hair. Hyoseop and Sungjae barged in her room with a panicked expression plastered on their faces. " You dumb kid, wake up we have an emergency! " Sungjae knuckled her head harshly and stomped his feet multiple times anxiously.

 

 " Damnit man, I'm currently facing a huge hungover, give me a break, " she muttered as she caressed her head and diverted her eyes toward the restless men infront of her.

 

 " What's wrong? " 

 

 Hyoseop let out a heavy sigh and scoffed in disbelief. " You , Jisoo is kidnapped and here you are being a wuss over some petty hungover, " he let out some violent curse words afterwards and ruffled his hair. " Hey, it's not some 'petty' hungov-.... WAIT WHAT?! JISOO OPPA IS KIDNAPPED?! " well, suddenly her eyes widened as huge as a saucer and all the hungover and sleepiness in her head washed out in a blink of an eye.

 

 She stood up and held Hyoseop's shoulders as a concerned expression appeared on her face. " Kidnapped? What the heck happened oppa, spare me no details! " she demanded and pushed him to sit on her bed. 

 

 " I don't know how it happened but I got a call from someone in the Park clan and it's probably that good looking gay dude and he said he held Jisoo as a hostage in their cell for a few weeks already. That's all that we got for now, " Hyoseop told Taeyeon the informations that they received just early in the morning that day.

 

 " Which Park? Park Sin clan? Park Hum? Par-.... wait, good looking gay dude? Damnit, it's Park Top clan, " Taeyeon muttered to herself but loud enough for Hyoseop to hear her.

 

 " Urgh, I thought you were done listing bad clan names but the actual one is the worst, " Hyoseop cringed at how terrible those mafia clans' names actually sounded like.

 

 " Yeah I know right the Parks really are horrible in naming names, " Taeyeon said with her face scrunched hard, still cringed by the names eventhough she already knew them years before.

 

 " How did you know it was Park Top clan? I mean Park Hum clan has some good looking gay dudes also, like Felix and Eunwoo, " Sungjae asked as he started to calm down." I recognised the voice, it's that guy that always wear sweats wherever he goes, " Hyoseop explained as Taeyeon and Sungjae snapped their fingers simultaneously. " Yeah, that's THE good looking gay dude, " they exclaimed at the same time.

 

 " Ok we need to hurry up and plan something to get him out of there. I heard that their cells are the worst place on earth beside the dumpster, " Taeyeon said as Hyoseop and Sungjae almost gagged at the statement. " Sungjae, you bring San here since you guys are the only non-hag in your clan and after that, we're going to start planning the ultimate escapade ideology, " a sinister smile appeared on Taeyeon's face after what she thought was a very cool sentence.

 

 " Ugh, that 'ideology' just threw the coolness away, "


--------------------

 

 " Alright, this is the blueprint of their clan's building including the secret basement cell that they keep Jisoo oppa in, " Taeyeon pulled out a huge roll of blueprint and spread it on top of the wooden table. Hyoseop, Sungjae and San surrounded the table as they prepared to listen to Taeyeon's plan on the mission. 

 

 " How did you get the blueprint? I thought they have a really tight security system? " San questioned as Taeyeon smirked and pulled out her phone from her pocket and searched for something. She showed a picture of her with a pink-haired man seemingly in a club.

 

 " I got the Park clan's heir to get extra drunk yesterday night and somewhat give him the idea for an exchange for this precious blueprint, " Taeyeon winked at them and all of them gaped. " What did you exchange with him? " Sungjae asked, making the girl smirked and leaned closer to him. " You don't wanna know, " she arched her eyebrows.

 

 Sungjae's face turned horrified and disgusted at the same time. " I don't know you're that kind of girl Kim Taeyeon, " he stated as Hyoseop and San's expression turned confused.

 

 " Well, whatever, desperate time search for desperate measure. Okay, back to my masterplan, " she opened the cap for a black markerpen and circled three spots on the blueprint.

 

 " These three spots have the tightest security system in the whole building. The front entrance, back entrance and also the underground entrance. It is connected to the Gangnam subway passage exit 2-1, you'll have to enter the closed passage if you want to be at the underground entrance. Apparently Park Top's boss has a big influence in the subway underground industry and hold access to all the closed passages. Thus, we have to be extra cautious, " 

 

 Taeyeon glanced at the three men and her brain immediately processed some informations and datas for the perfect mastermind. She pointed at Hyoseop. " Hyoseop oppa will go to the underground entrance and I need you to  be in disguise, " Hyoseop's mouth hung low at the heavy responsibility Taeyeon just handed to him. " Disguise? For what? " his mind melted down at the fact that she needed him to act and not get nervous at the same time.

 

 Well, the man gets jittery easily if he's on the mission alone without his usual partner, Jisoo.

 

 Hyoseop's eyes widened. Realisation strucked him as he remembered that this plan was to save his partner, and he damn well willing to do anything to save Jisoo.

 

 " Park Jimin, the Park clan's next boss, he revealed to me that the clan will receive a truck load of drug packages 3 days from now on. I need you to disguise as the drug distributor and clear out the area. You can handle it? " Taeyeon looked at him with concern.

 

 ' It's okay Hyoseop-ah, this is for Jisoo. Your friend from childhood, ' he thought to calm his nerves. With confidence in his eyes and a heavy sigh, he nodded his head. 

 

 " Good, Sungjae, I want you to clear out the back entrance using your usual dumb tactic because there will be a vent at the back entrance that is connected to the rooms in the building, " Taeyeon pointed at Sungjae as he showed a smug smile and shook his index finger. " It's not dumb if it works, lady, " he sassily snapped his finger z-patterned and smirked.

 

 " Don't do that. That was totally not a burn, " 

 

 She sighed and looked at San. " You and I will be entering the vent and search for the right room because as you can see in this blueprint, the basement cell is near the back entrance and the vent is connected directly to the room, " her face broke into a wide smile and her hands plopped harshly on the blueprint. 

 

 " I have a really good feeling for this plan, " she chuckled. " I'm going to ask this just to make sure but, you already inform Eric hyung about this plan right? " Hyoseop questioned and the men instantly looked at Taeyeon whom was blinking her eyes rapidly and a mischiveous smile crept on her glowing face. 

 

 " Nope, this is a top secret mission and under MY supervision, " 

 

 Sungjae and Hyoseop groaned and facepalmed. " , this plan is going to be a disaster, " San looked at the two men and chuckled nervously. " Hey, it's not going to be that bad, right? Right? " the anxious man looked inbetween the trio. " Yes of course, this plan is going to proceed FLAWLESSLY, " Taeyeon encouraged positively as she patted his shoulder with a confident smile. 

 

 San diverted his eyes from the girl to the two men behind her. Both of them shook their heads vigorously. San gulped.

 

 " Well, we got two days to prep and prepare ourselves guys! For Jisoo oppa! "

 

-------------------

 

 Taeyeon stepped into the police station and looked around silently. " Where is he? " she muttered to herself as she glanced at her watch. " It's 1pm already, I thought he already finish lunch break, " her foot tapped on the fancy ceramic tiles as she scanned the room again.

 

 " What are you doing here kid? "

 

 Taeyeon jolted at the voice that came from behind her and she turned around just to come face to face with a tall and elegant yet stern looking officer. " Hi, I'm here to meet Officer Kyungho, " she flashed an innocent smile to the gorgeous officer. " Officer Jung Kyungho? " she arched her eyebrows and her eyes diverted from the petite woman infront of her to someone behind her.

 

 " Good, he's behind you now, " the woman stated with coldness lingered in her sentence as she turned around on her heels and walked towards her office. Taeyeon immediately turned around and a huge smile appeared on her face. " Kyungho oppa! I need to discuss something with you, " Taeyeon eagerly dragged Kyungho to what seemed like an interrogation room.

 

 " What are you doing here Taeyeon? I thought I told you not to come here without notifying me first, " he whispered harshly to the woman infront of him. " Why? Is it because of that gorgeous officer just now? Hmm, what is her name huh? I just saw it earlier on her nametag, " she purposely squinted her eyes to make it look like she was thinking hard.

 

 Kyungho sighed and glared at her. " It's Officer Sooyoung and yes, we're dating, " Taeyeon clapped her hands and beamed a wide smile. " I knew it. I mean I could sense jealousy when I asked about you at her using my innocent facade, " she laughed with the tone of the evil witch from disney movies.

 

 " She's tough and she have no reason be jealous at you, " he stated that made Taeyeon gasped. " Well, way to make me feels insecure, " she scoffed and side-glared the man.

 

 " Just tell me why are you here, "

 

 " Alright so, I have an absolutely genius masterplan and I need your help, " Taeyeon pleaded with both her hands clasped and her eyes blinked repeatedly in a failure attempt to imitate the cat in puss in boots. The officer heaved an exasperated sigh. " Is this another one of your dumb plan to take out another mafia gang again? " Taeyeon pouted when the man just insulted her evil genius plan.

 

 " Nooo, I want to save Jisoo oppa. He was kidnapped and I thought that I could use some police force since you know, this mission slightly involves drug and you could use a drug bust to increase your arrest record. Woop, I'm totally bargaining right now, the odds are in my side now, " she teasingly poked him as she knew she had the upper hand when she mentioned about the drug bust.

 

 " Ehem, not to burst your bubble but we already have a huge drug bust case involving a high profile drug dealer that TEAMS UP with a serial killer, " 

 

 Both Taeyeon and Kyungho furrowed their eyebrows in confusion when they heard Officer Sooyoung's voice echoed inside the interrogation room. Kyungho peeked behind Taeyeon and looked at the two sided mirror. " How much have you listen? " he hesitatedly questioned.

 

 " From A to Z, " 

 

 Both of them sighed as they knew they were doomed that another officer actually found out about Kyungho, an officer, was about to make a deal with a mafia gang member.

 

 " Look Sooyoung-ah, I was about to reject her offer anyway. I hope that you can keep it between us," Kyungho said that made a huge gasp came from Taeyeon. " Tch, wow, your girlfriend really gets you wrap around her dainty slim fingers. Urgh, what makes me more mad is her fingers really are slim, " she murmured the last sentence to herself. 

 

 " Well, I can keep the secret but in one condition. Ms. Kim Taeyeon shall not interact with Jung Kyungho when he's in the officer precinct because it's extremely dangerous if the captain or the sergeant know that an officer is making a deal with a mafia gang. It could cost his career, "

 

 Officer Kyungho pursed his lips and looked at Taeyeon apologetically. " I'm sorry Taeyeon-ah, but what she said just now is right, " he said as he held Taeyeon's hand that was formed into a fist.

 

 " But, don't you want to save Jisoo oppa? He's your friend, "

 

 Taeyeon begged one last time but when she saw his guilty expression, she stopped and sighed. " I believe in you and Hyoseop. I know you guys can save him, " Kyungho whispered to her.

 

 " Fine, " she stood up and glared at him before she turned around to face the two sided mirror. She imagined Kyungho's girlfriend's face behind the glass mirror and showed her her fist. " You, Kyungho oppa's girlfriend, is really a bad influence  to him, " she huffed.

 

 " Just to let you know that you don't look intimidating at all, " Sooyoung voiced out again that made Taeyeon's anger level increased.

 

 " URGH, I HOPE YOU BECOME SHORTER TOMORROW YOU GORGEOUS AND TALL OFFICER! "