CHAPTER 5

I Grow Up Like This

" Wait, what? " 

 

 " A coward, "

 

 Taeyeon blinked her eyes repeatedly as she tried to comprehend what the man just informed her. " A.... coward? " she asked again, to make sure that she actually heard the right thing. San just nodded his head, confirming the fact.

 

 " I'm not sure how to react to that, " she muttered as she stared at the marble floor of her bedroom.

 

 " Well, that was expected of course but it's the truth. " he just shrugged as he fiddled with the hem of his sweater sleeve. " What's his name? What does he look like? " Taeyeon bombarded him with questions as her curiousity arose. San's eyebrows furrowed at her questions as realization strucked him dead. 

 

 " I..... I don't know, " he shrugged his shoulder as Taeyeon clearly became more confused. " You mean you don't know anything about your past future leader, not his face nor name but the only thing that you know is that he's a coward? " San nodded and stood up and looked around her bedroom.

 

 He really loved her preference in decorating her bedroom. Just white wall and some pastel-coloured furnitures like the vanity table and also her bed. There were some tiny plants she put beside the window near her study table.

 

 Very simple. 

 

 ' Just like the owner of the room herself, ' San thought as he peeked behind him to look at Taeyeon who was still on her bed with confusion etched on her face. 

 

 " The whole time I was there, I only knew Mr. Kwon and his daughter, Kwon Dami, " San clenched his fist tightly until his knuckles turned white. The petite woman arched her eyebrows when she saw his anger towards either Mr. Kim or his daughter or the both of them. " Apparently, Mr. Kwon wanted his daughter to take over his role in the future. However, the dream shattered after Dami's marriage with a chaebol and she intended to hide her mafia status from her husband and his family, " 

 

 Taeyeon tilted her head. Somehow he sounded so bitter talking about this particular Ms. Kwon.

 

 " Maybe that's why he had a change of plan after the marriage. But as I said just now, the heir is a coward. That's all I know of because only the person in the upper hierarchy had ever seen him and everytime after they met the heir, they never mentioned his name but only called him ' baby dragon ', " 

 

 " Baby dragon? That's cute, " she chuckled slightly but then the smile disappeared with another confusion. " By the way, why did you leave the clan? " San's body tensed up at the question as the horrible memory flooded his mind and his hand reached to his heart. Which was beating like crazy. 

 

 " Does it have something to do with Kwon Dami? "

 

 Swiftly, he turned around and flashed a smile at Taeyeon whom was actually still waiting for the answer. " I think that's enough revelation for the night. I'll go first, " he slightly bowed and turned around to exit the room, leaving a very speechless and baffled Taeyeon behind. Before he could turn the knob, someone opened the door from the other side.

 

 Eric stopped pushing the door when he saw a man in front of him, in his daughter's bedroom, and his daughter on her bed, thankfully clothed. San widened his eyes and gulped, knowing that was his cue to get the hell out of that place. " Have a good night, " he bowed a perfect 90 degrees to Eric and stormed out from the bedroom. 

 

 The older man faced the younger one and arched his eyebrows, waiting for an explanation. " I thought I locked the door? " she muttered under her breath but unfortunately Eric caught her sentence. " Guess we need to repair the lock then. But before that, why were you even locking your door while you were in the room WITH another man? " the stern tone in Eric's sentence made her chuckle mervously.

 

 " GOOD NIGHT APPA! "

 

 Well, that was the first time she had ever called him appa.

 

 San fiddled with a gold coin he took out from his sweater's pocket as he walked down the dark alley. His jaw tightened at the memory from the coin. " Yoojung-ah, I'm sorry for that day. I'll redeem back by getting stronger and revenge for you, " he clenched his fist with the coin still on his palm. 

 

 He knew what he was going to do was reckless and stupid. However, he never cares about the amount of death in his road to pursue revenge as long as he succeed for his dead younger sister. 

 

-------------------

 

 Taeyeon sighed as she stretched her arms upward to reach the thick encyclopedia in the rack. Someone walked by behind her and accidentally bumped onto her, making her body hit the hard wooden rack. " Oof, " she gripped her wrist and bit her lips, preventing from any foul words to escape her lips. 

 

 With shaky hand, she rolled her sleeve slightly and was greeted with a huge purple bruise she recently got from her practice with her new mentor, Jessi. " , I hate that woman, " she grunted as she silently plotted Jessi's murder inside her head. 

 

 After the incident where she annoyed the heck out of Jisoo, she was 'tortured' by having a new fight mentor that really seemed like she held a huge grudge on her. Jessi, the fit, tanned skin woman was previously Eric's muse and Taeyeon honestly couldn't believe it. Her Eric oppa was like the purest human being on earth despite being involved with mafia works while Jessi speaks fluent curse words and sarcasm which reminded her of opposite do attract but that was just too much.

 

 She went back to the circle table near the shelves where Tiffany was reviewing her notes in her macbook. " The book is still available? Wow, I thought the others snatch it out of your hands, " she remarked as her eyes were still fixated on the screen. " Yeah, even without that, it's pretty challenging for me to reach this book myself, " she scoffed as she just realised she was mocking herself.

 

 Tiffany's fingers stopped typing and a disgrunted sigh escaped her lips.

 

 " It's not because of your ing height. It's because of these, "

 

 Tiffany pulled Taeyeon's sleeve up, revealing not only one, not only small but multiple of huge bruises on her arms. It saddened and infuriates Tiffany how she didn't care about her outer physical health and just let it bruise away. " It's not tha bad Pany-ah, I told you already, " Taeyeon grumpily shrugged it off as she was already getting annoyed by her best friend that kept on bugging about her bruises and wounds.

 

 " Jieun and Chanyeol might not say anything because they don't know enough about what you are doing and what you are involved with but Irene and I are your bestfriends and I want to think that we keep nothing between each other. I don't want to hide my concern from you Taeyeon-ah, your intention might be to repay what supposedly a debt to Eric but no, you're hurting yourself like this, " she softly held her fingers that was situated on the glass table and carressed them slowly.

 

 The girl said nothing. She swatted Tiffany's hand which was on top of her hand and gripped her bag tightly before she stood up in front of the frustrated Tiffany.

 

 " Stop it Hwang Tiffany, " she muttered then rushed out of the library, leaving her best friend all flabbergasted and speechless.

 

 She stormed out the library with a stern expression on her face. " Hey, " someone called out from behind, making Taeyeon halted and frustratedly turned around. " What?! " she flailed her arms around and finally looked at the person. " Oh, why such grumps, huh? " A man around her age, wearing a black shirt with his short sleeves rolled up and a pair of tight jeans snickered at her. " Wang Jackson, once again, you really don't have to come here, " she sighed and fixed her bun. 

 

 " Well m'lady, I'm bringing you to soju night, so you better be prepared, " he smirked and put his arm on her shoulders as she was dragged by the taller man. " I'm not in the mood Jackson. You should just ask Irene. She's your girlfriend after all, " she swatted his arm away and flashed the most threatening glare to him. " Well, not after I saw that my girl friend, with a space inbetween, is not in the mood for soju. I mean, that's impossible you're Kim Taeyeon and that's why I'm dragging you there, " he headlocked her again and dragged her to their usual stall to get wasted.

 

-----------------

 

 " Oh my god, that was totally the worst! " Taeyeon slammed her shot glass on to the plastic table as she slurred. " I know right, he should have just hand the freaking G-125 rifle to the Beta but guess what his stupid did, he fired it himself and get everyone killed. Like legit everyone on his team and his enemy, " her companion, Jackson, slurred along as he refilled their glasses while sharing some epic stories involving their encounters with other mafias groups.

 

 " Wait, he killed the enemies? Wow, I guess him still living afterward is worth it though, " she remarked and sloppily chugged down the alcohol. As her head was bent to the back to down her shots, someone bumped her head, making the shot glass in her hand fell on the ground. Taeyeon gasped as she stared at the devastating sight infront of her. 

 

 " Watch it woman, " the buff guy said as he and his companions walked toward a nearby table for 4 and sat down as if nothing happened. Well, the girl that just dropped her shot glass couldn't relate.

 

 " Aish, way to ruin the mood , " she muttered and stood up immediately that knocked the chair off on the ground. " Wowow, hold your horses girl, where are you going? " Jackson asked as he saw Taeyeon stood up and wobbled toward the guy that just made her broke her glass.

 

 Well, rational and sober Taeyeon can let it off but drunk Taeyeon will be a whole lot different. Rumors have it that no human have survived drunk Taeyeon's attacks.

 

 " Yah, " Taeyeon stood beside the man in the tight white shirt that made his body looked much more buff than normal. " What do you want lady? " a smug smirk appeared on his stubble face and his companions chuckled at the wasted woman. " You punk! " she threw a punch that made the man fell off his chair.

 

 Jackson whom was at first was just watching from afar, stood up with his forehead wrinkled. " Did Taeyeon just kill someone? Nah, I'm too drunk, " Jackson squinted his eyes and shook his head, trying to sober his brain for a moment. 

 

 " Woah lady, I don't think that's a great idea, " one of the men approached her and grabbed her by the collar, receiving a sinful smirk from the woman. " Sshhhhh, " she hushed the man by putting her index finger on his thick lips.

 

 " It is a great idea, "

 

 She whispered before she grabbed the man's arm, faced backward and threw the man on one of the table in the stall. The customers there instantly rose up from their seats and walked cautiously out of the stall. " You son of a , " another man rushed toward her and tried to give a blow. Unfortunately, he ain't a fighter in her level. She swatted his arm using her forearm and kicked his stomach hard.

 

 " You're the son of a ! " Taeyeon angrily shouted as she pointed accusingly towards the man. " Oh no, you're going to get it, " the last man out of the four charged towards her with a knife in his hand. Taeyeon just sighed and frontkick his face hard that made probably two of his teeth came out of its' place.

 

 " What the heck did you just do?! All my customers just ran out! " the owner of the shop yelled at Taeyeon as the drunkened woman just looked around the shop cluelessly. Well, the scene did just clear out the tiny stall. 

 

 " We're sorry for the inconvenience, here the payment and the tips, " Jackson, which seemed to already sober up paid a pretty huge amount of money to the owner then tried to convince Taeyeon to get out of that stall. " Take that little girlfriend of yours and off, you guys are not to come here again, " the owner sternly said as he untied his apron and threw it on the dirty ground harshly, infuriated by the mess infront of him.

 

 " It's girl friend with a space in the middle! "