CHAPTER 2

I Grow Up Like This

 " Yah, what did you just say? " 

 

 Filled with anger, she put both her hands on her hips and intensely glared at the man before her. 

 

 " No money. No wealth. No parents, "

 

 The man named Kwon Jiyong stated once again, obviously trying to make Taeyeon pissed. " You're too much, " she muttered and cracked her knuckles. Before Jiyong could register what was happening, Taeyeon was already forming a fist with her hand and directed the fist towards Jiyong's face.

 

 It all happened as if it was in slow motion. 

 

 Jiyong could only widened his eyes and before he could do anything, the fiery punch from the petite lady hit his face. Hard.

 

 " Next time, if you spout any bull like that again, I'll make sure that it's not only a punch that you get to taste from me, "  she said as she threatened to kick Jiyong who was cowering on the floor. His widened eyes just stared at Taeyeon whom exited the hall. 

 

 " Damn, she got a steel punch, " 

 

--------------------

 

 " I'm home ! "

 

 Taeyeon yelled as she put her shoes inside the shoe rack and a maid gracefully prepared her bunny slipper at the entrance. " Aye ahjumma, I told you many times already you don't have to do that. I have my own hands, " she sheepishly showed her hands and grinned at the old maid. " Alright Ms. Kim, " she bowed after she replied the young woman's smile.

 

 It was true that Taeyeon was filthy rich and it was all her effort and also her 'brother', Eric, whom had been helping her throughout her preparation for her own label. After Eric took her in after that incident, Eric taught her many things that was not known to Taeyeon, and that made her more enthusiastic after she set her mind to start a fashion label which went successful. 

 

 Not only that, she was only 20 when she was invited to Paris Fashion Week and her own design was exhibited there as one of the highlight of the show. However, she kept her own identity lowkey and always sent her own manager as a representative. That was also the reason why nobody except her close friends knew about her identity and her background. She intended to keep it hidden because she got sick after witnessing a lot of people befriended someone because of their wealth. 

 

 " Eric oppa! " Taeyeon rushed towards the humongous kitchen and saw the dining table was set with sundae, tteokbeoki, kimchi stew and side-dishes. " Woah, what's the event today? This seems like a festive, " she giggled and sat in the middle of the dining table. " Ahjumma-deul, Park ahjussi, you can join us, " Taeyeon signalled the maids and her butler to hurry to the dining table to join them. 

 

 The maids and butler politely refused as they thought it might look weird for them to be eating with their employer.

 

 " Don't worry, we have enough food for everyone. I'm sure that we couldn't finish all this by ourselves, right Taeyeon? " Eric said as he ushered the maids and butler to the seats. In their huge house, there were only seven people in it. Taeyeon, Eric, three maids and a butler. 

 

 " Oppa, open your mouth, aaa~, " Taeyeon said as she tried to feed Eric a rice cake. " Delicious~, " Eric hummed and smiled at Taeyeon. " Taeyeon, how many time do I have to tell you to call me appa not oppa, " he raised his eyebrows and looked at Taeyeon who was happily eating their midnight snacks. " And how many times do I tell you that you looked like an oppa for me not appa. Tch, just because you were friend with my dad, " she muttered the last sentence as she indulged the meal.

 

 " Oh, is Seungjae here yet? " Taeyeon directed the question to Park ahjussi. " Yes, I saw him just now at the boxing arena, " as soon as Park ahjussi said that, Taeyeon sighed and slammed down the chopstick in her hand to the glass table. " Aish, that jerk. I told him to wait for me if he want to practice, " she stood up and ran to the arena. 

 

 " Kim Taeyeon, no swearing ! " 

 

 She ran towards a room that looked like a storage room and approached an ancient huge painting hung at the end of the room. She crooked the painting to the left and the wall behind it instantly moved. A flight of stair greeted her sight and she excitedly ran down the stairs. 

 

 " Seungjae-ah! " she screamed as she ran towards the boxing arena. Inside the hidden basement, there were various of equipments for martial arts practice such as boxing arena, punch bag section, taekwondo arena and even a gym for them to work out. 

 

 All of those were used for Eric's underlings to practice their skills and sometimes Eric opened the basement for lessons to public. That explained their wealth very much. 

 

 " Oh Taeyeon-ah, you just arrived home? " Seungjae, Taeyeon's partner-in-crime since highschool asked as he practiced his punches at someone. " Yup. By the way, who is he? " she pointed at the grey-haired man who was currently smiling at her. " Oh, he's a friend of mine from father's clan. San meet Taeyeon, Taeyeon meet San, " he gestured at the both of them as they just shared a formal greeting. 

 

 " Oh, I didn't know your father's clan already have someone our age? " Taeyeon asked as she entered the arena and hopped around a little bit. " Yah, that just shows how long you haven't visit our hideout. He had been in our clan since last year, " Seungjae cutely pouted and crossed his arm as Taeyeon just beamed a guilty smile. " It's not like that, I mean, it's almost the end of semester and I had tonnes of exams and my designs are currently in process to be launched. Haih, I wish I have more free time like you, " she pouted as she looked at Seungjae with her puppy eyes. 

 

 " Yah, are you showing off right now that you're rich and busy and currently studying in a prestigious school? Woah, you hurt me Taeyeon-ah, " Seungjae slapped the back of her head that received a grunt and a glare from the girl. 

 

 " Wait, you're a fashion label owner? " San asked out of nowhere that caught her off guard. She beamed a smile and approached San with both her hands inside her sweatpants' pocket. 

 

 " Well, that's an expected question. Of course, people will wonder what's the daughter of the infamous mafia thinking by starting a fashion label of her own. Like, it doesn't fit our 'image', " she quoted the word image with her fingers and stopped her steps in front of San. 

 

 " Eric oppa taught me that I have to inherit the title of Mafia Leader from him. It's inevitable for me to avoid after he took me in. However, those responsibilites shouldn't be a boulder for me to accomplish my desire and passion and that is fashion. I really love fashion and yeah, I admit sometimes I do dress like I don't have a sense of fashion at all. But, whenever I looked at someone feeling confident after they wear my designs, it made me happy just imagining it, " she flashed a satisfied smile and looked at San whom had his mouth hung low and both eyes blinked rapidly after her long speech.

 

 " It's okay, you'll get use to it soon, "

 

-------------------

 

 " HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "

 

 The loud laughter echoed throughout the huge living room after Jiyong entered his mansion. " Omo, what happened to your face? Did someone gave you a blow or you just hit the door on the way home? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! " Jiyong's sister, Kwon Dami laughed hysterically as she clutched her stomach and plopped her body on the leather brown couch. " Shut up noona, " Jiyong exclaimed as he took off his jacket and threw it on another couch, a maid immediately rushed to take care of it. 

 

 " Wait, yah, that's your jacket why the heck would ahjumma take it for you?! " she scolded her younger brother and slapped his back. " Oh sorry, I was just taking it off, "

 

 The maid whom was supposedly about to take Jiyong's jacket was stopped by Dami. " Ahjumma, just let this lazybum take his own jacket or just let it stink there. Don't ever touch it, " she warned the maid whom then scurried away from the siblings. 

 

 " What else huh? Haven't you had enough pissing me off this night? " he muttered as he frustratedly snatched the jacket. She sighed and put her hand on his shoulder. " Kwon Jiyong, listen up. You're going to be the leader of one of the infamous mafia clan and I'm quite disappointed that you're having a long face just because you got a little bruise on your face, " she shook her head and Jiyong scoffed and shrugged off his sister's hand from his shoulder. 

 

 " Yah, I don't care if I get beaten up but just now a girl-.... " his sentence stopped as he realised he was digging his own grave by almost telling Dami that he got punched by a woman. A petite woman at it. She gasped loudly. " You got punched by a girl?! " she screamed and pinched his ear. " Ah, noona it hurts! " he struggled to let go from his sister grasp as he knew what his fate would turn out like for tonight. 

 

 Dami dragged him to their hideout and a group of men from their family's clan were snickering when they saw Jiyong were dragged by their boss. " Boss, what brings you here? " one of the men smirked at Jiyong and bowed respectfully at Dami.

 

 " Get him, now. One on one until he couldn't stand up, " 

 

 Jiyong's eyes widened in horror and his body started to shake violently. " N-noona, I still have class tomorrow you can't do this to me, " he went to his knees and begged his sister pitifully. Dami smirked and pushed him to the ground then signalled her men. 

 

 " Go, " she left the room with Jiyong's plead echoed throughout the room. 

 

 Kwon's clan was infamous for their merciless way of bidding with people and it's no different even with their own family members. Kwon Jiyong was born as the only son and destined to lead the clan, however, it's not in his nature to do things mercilessly. All the bad things in his life was influenced or in more suitable word, forced into his life by his father and sister. He was actually a huge softie whom cried countless time watching cartoons, love kids and animals and also respectful to elders. 

 

 All those tattoos on his body was given by his sister but there's only one bad thing about him, he's a huge playboy. That was in his nature for sure. However, fights or offending others weren't his cup of tea. That's why whenever he was asked to fight someone from his clan, he was always beaten up badly. Although he wanted to make his father proud of him, he couldn't. What infuriates him the most were the fact that his clan's members were looking down on him as he was talentless or not intimidating and not on-par with his sister.

 

 While he was badly beaten up by the members of his clan, a tear dropped from his eyes. " Oh, is little dragon crying right now? " the men laughed as they continued to kick him unisonly. One thought occured inside his mind. 

 

 ' I might just die at this point onward, '